Things That Bother You About Gaming

Started by Spark Of Spirit, May 17, 2011, 03:10:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gunswordfist

"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Foggle

Better character development can only be a good thing IMO. But the outcry over that trailer was still pretty depressing.

gunswordfist

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: Foggle on August 16, 2012, 05:40:37 PM
Better character development can only be a good thing IMO. But the outcry over that trailer was still pretty depressing.

The outcry is downright stupid. People are fucking idiots and like to pretend that they stand for a higher cause, but people who complain about stuff like this couldn't be more shallow.

So, what's the problem? Agent 47 kills a bunch of trained assassins who are out to eliminate him and would do the same thing to him in a heartbeat if he had the edge over him. But it turns out that this group of assassins is a group of females dressed as nuns. So now you have morons who completely miss the point of this trailer and say that its either sexist or religiously offensive (which is an even more idiotic complaint given the circumstances). There's no fucking bias. They are ALL killers. Its kill or be killed, as simple as that. I didn't see anyone else complaining about the countless of other victims that Agent 47 has taken out in his career. Hmmmm....I wonder why that is?

No, but seriously, people need to shut their traps sometimes and actually think about what the hell it is that they are even saying in the first place. :srs:

gunswordfist

Heh, this reminds me when someone called Catwoman a bitch in TDKR. I wonder if someone found that offensive.  :sly:

Foggle

Quote from: gunswordfist on August 16, 2012, 06:56:26 PM
Heh, this reminds me when someone called Catwoman a bitch in TDKR. I wonder if someone found that offensive.  :sly:
Well, they certainly thought Arkham City was sexist for doing the same thing...

gunswordfist

Quote from: Foggle on August 16, 2012, 08:02:51 PM
Quote from: gunswordfist on August 16, 2012, 06:56:26 PM
Well, they certainly thought Arkham City was sexist for doing the same thing...
Exactly why I thought of that.

Daxdiv

For some reason, I find the people calling sexism over these scenes like the Hitman, Catwoman, and even the Borderlands 2 DLC to be more sexist than what they're trying to call out. Sexism in games is like one hot button issue that just likes to pop out of nowhere.

gunswordfist

I don't think the people that cry sexist actually thinks anyone on the crew/dev team is actually sexist. They just want to throw around a strong word because they are offended.

Eddy

I hate when I see guys "white knighting" and claiming a a game is sexist. Like many of the reviews for Lollipop Chainsaw had guys throwing a fit over Juliet saying the game was sexist when it really isn't.

The Borderlands 2 controversy is really just silly. And you know there are going to be people now who boycott the game over this.

Eddy

So, to remedy the "lack of resources" to patch the Silent Hill HD Collection for the 360 (aka laziness), Konami is offering a free game to people who bought Silent Hill HD Collection. All you have to do is send them your receipt.

Because, you know, most people hold onto receipts for games they bought four months ago.

At least they're doing something at least but couldn't they come up with a better way of doing it? How many people do they REALLY expect to still have their receipt?

Foggle

Quote from: Eddy on August 19, 2012, 12:27:01 AM
How many people do they REALLY expect to still have their receipt?
That's probably what they said. :lol:

Foggle

QuoteConkers Other Bad Fur Day - which also had a full storyline ready - may never see the light of day.
:frown:

Eddy