Things That Bother You About Gaming

Started by Spark Of Spirit, May 17, 2011, 03:10:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

Thanks for the link. That was one of the few Kotaku articles worth reading and it shows the industry is basically done at this rate.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Spark Of Spirit

Uh oh

It looks like EA hit Insomniac with the focus-test hammer:

"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Rynnec

Oh hellz yeah! Colorful and charming faces with a fun, campy storyline replaced with generic faces and uber-seriousness, now we're talking! I am PUMPED! :swoon:

I hate this fucking industry.

Spark Of Spirit

They went from 80s action movie to boring modern action movie, even with the title.

Insomniac needs to work with better publishers than EA.

Foggle

So it's the exact opposite of Borderlands then? They went from a fun, eye-catching cartoon art style to a bland, brown 'n bloom "realistic" one?

fucking why

Spark Of Spirit

After Borderlands sold 6 million plus at that!

I have no idea what EA is thinking.

Foggle

Hell, Borderlands 2 seems to be the most hyped game of the year after the obvious ones like Mario and CoD. Surprised EA isn't looking for a cut of that pie...

gunswordfist

"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Foggle

People who hate Resident Evil 4's cutscenes and portrayal of Leon actually exist. :whuh:

Avaitor

I can't tell what's a joke or not with modern gaming anymore.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Spark Of Spirit

Oddly enough I just saw the comments for IGN's Double Dragon Neon review and they called them out much like that. Same gameplay complaints but CoD gets 9s and 10s despite changing nothing yet DDN plays nothing like any other Double Dragon game. Not to mention the whining about a 2D Mario at the Wii-U launch (they make one per freaking system, that one is all you need), but salivating over Black OPs 2.

I mean, it's fine if you like it, but CoD hasn't changed ANYTHING relevant since CoD4 yet they never dock it for not changing anything.

Foggle

All games (and especially series) are repetitive. Neither Pokemon nor CoD is bad simply because all of the entries are inherently similar in terms of mechanics and narrative structure.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

What Foggle says is mostly true, but critics don't seem to see it that way. If its a high-profile big-budget Western franchise than apparently these criticisms don't apply to it, despite the FACT that they don't change their core mechanics at all (they tweak other mechanics, sure, but its still largely the same exact formula with each new entry). Critics are hypocrites in how they let games like CoD get away with this yet use it as criticisms against games that actually legitimately change and even ADD a lot of new elements with each new installment. I mean, critics said that NG2 was more of the same which showed me that they either never played or completely forgot about NGB. Play both games back to back, and aside from the fact that they are both hack n' slash games, their core mechanics work completely differently. Not to mention that one has more Zelda-like level design whereas the other has a more linear set-up. Those are some pretty big differences, yet since its not a super popular AAA release its just more of the same. Its really just fucking hypocritical bull-shit is what it is.

Rosalinas Spare Wand

Quote from: Avaitor on September 17, 2012, 02:11:20 PM
I can't tell what's a joke or not with modern gaming anymore.

Are you sure that isn't a troll image?

I've seen a lot of those type of comparison pictures on /v/ with the same font too. There's one that's been posted a lot recently about the New Super Mario Bros series and another with JRPGs and WRPGs.

Avaitor

Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/