Things That Bother You About Gaming

Started by Spark Of Spirit, May 17, 2011, 03:10:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on May 15, 2012, 09:04:13 PMWouldn't it be the most hilarious situation if Tecmo ended up agreeing to publish Itagaki's game? :D
Then they retool the game to be about Ryu Hayabusa somehow and call it Ninja Gaiden's Third.  ;D

Now that you mention it, Ubisoft is the most likely choice. They pushed the NMH games here, so this wouldn't be too far out for them. The big issue is that the game has multiplayer as a selling point and having Activision or EA near that means it's already dead.

Unless Nintendo just swallows their pride and outright buys Valhalla Studios for the clout and the appeal.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

That would be good for Nintendo, but then again they may see it as a big risk which is why I don't see them going for it. As talented as Itagaki and his team are, we know next to nothing about this game since its been announced, and if THQ didn't think it would sell enough for it to be profitable to them, I doubt Nintendo would think any differently. Its an unfortunate and sad truth in today's gaming industry. Profit always comes before quality. Also, even if its from a talented team of developers and it turns out to be a great game, unless it can sell well into the millions, most publishers won't even touch a new, un-established IP that has already been in development before coming to them. That said, I'm hoping that someone makes an exception for Valhalla, since I imagine that this game would be pretty far into production by now and if everything were kept on schedule, the game would still be able to release in early 2013 as was originally planned.

Whatever happens, I hope the best for Itagaki and his team at VGS. I've been waiting for a truly good action game from him since NG2 (and while that game had its flaws, it was still a lot better than some people give it credit for, especially considering that it was forced to be rushed out the door), and I feel as though Itagaki was only taking this long to make this game in the first place to give it the care and polish it needed to be as great a game as NGB. If I find that the game was already more than half-way done and no publisher will pick it up, I'll be seriously pissed off. :burn:

gunswordfist

"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I believe in the link I posted to it was specified as THQ's "profitability" profile, which of course makes a lot more sense. :(

Foggle

Yeah, this really sucks, but it's not surprising at all. THQ is basically only alive today because of Saints Row The Third's success, so they can no longer afford to take risks. :(

Spark Of Spirit

You know the sound of missing the forest for the trees? It sounds like this.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

Ehhh? I don't think I understand what I just read. Bit tired today, though, so maybe that's why.

Foggle

QuoteDiablo III will make everyone else accept the fact you have to be connected. If you have a juggernaut, you can make change. I'm all for that. If we could force people to always be connected when you play the game, and then have that be acceptable, awesome. In the end, it's better for everybody. Imagine picking up a game and it's automatically updated. Or there's something new you didn't know about, and you didn't have to click away. It's all automatically there. But it does take juggernauts like [Diablo III] to make change.

First RAGE, now this? id is dead to me.

Rynnec

Rosalinas Spare Wand

Quality journalism. Kotaku does it once again.

gunswordfist

"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Foggle

This is, what, the 8th time it's been delayed? :-\

Spark Of Spirit

Aww, I was hoping for a Wii-U launch title.

Foggle

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on May 21, 2012, 01:57:22 PM
Aww, I was hoping for a Wii-U launch title.
Well, they haven't actually announced the date yet... it could end up being one.

Foggle