Things That Bother You About Gaming

Started by Spark Of Spirit, May 17, 2011, 03:10:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddy

is it bad that dancing Boba Fett kind of makes me want to play this game?

Foggle

I swear, everyone complaining about Hitman: Absolution being viable as an action shooter has never actually played a Hitman game before. You can play the entire series as a TPS if you really want to... hell, the original game has entire missions devoted to TPS gameplay.

Are gamers ever satisfied with anything?

gunswordfist

Stealth games always get shit. I'm going to enjoy the countless ways to play through Absolution (already decided to go crazy in that playthrough video section since I've already seen how complete stealth is done in that level.)
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Spark Of Spirit

"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

MOTHER-FUCKER!!!!!!!!!!!

Looks like one of my favorite genres will continue to be held back. :gonk:
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Foggle

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on May 02, 2012, 05:01:39 PM
The second quote

Looks like we're trapped.
Free Radical is looking in the wrong places. Yeah, the big boys aren't going to fund a game like TimeSplitters these days, but I think Devolver Digital or a similar company might.

Serious Sam 3 and Hard Reset both made decent-sized profits I believe, and (for the moment) those titles are only available on one platform. Yeah, a smaller publisher wouldn't give FR the budget to have Battlefield 3-level visuals, giant set-pieces, or a full retail release, but none of those are necessary in a TimeSplitters game.

Foggle

Quote from: http://www.ps3trophies.org/news/news-6586-DmC--Devil-May-Cry-Hands-On-Preview-%E2%80%93-Angels-and-Demons.htmlCertain demons need to be dispatched using the appropriate angel or devil triggers, so shield-carrying red-hued enemies have to be dealt with using the devil trigger, while blue-tinged bad guys can be taken down with the angel trigger's scythe.

Oh FUCK no. :srs:

Rynnec

Quote from: Foggle on May 05, 2012, 06:22:10 PM
Quote from: http://www.ps3trophies.org/news/news-6586-DmC--Devil-May-Cry-Hands-On-Preview-%E2%80%93-Angels-and-Demons.htmlCertain demons need to be dispatched using the appropriate angel or devil triggers, so shield-carrying red-hued enemies have to be dealt with using the devil trigger, while blue-tinged bad guys can be taken down with the angel trigger's scythe.

Oh FUCK no. :srs:

Yet another article about DmC that opens up with an "lol hair color" comment.

No one who's hating this game gives a shit about the hair anymore. Especially with shit like this.

Foggle

I thought it was just blogs like Destructoid doing that shit (as usual), but even "professional" sites such as Game Informer are making "u dnt lik it bcuz o/ the hare teh 30fps no ai gamply is th seres' best!!!" posts. Seriously, these same people were far more skeptical about Deus Ex 3 than they are about DmC, and DXHR always looked far closer to its franchise's roots than this game does.

Either Capcom is deep in these journalists' pockets, or (for some unknown reason) these journalists are deep in Ninja Theory's ass. Possibly both.

Spark Of Spirit

More on Free Radical

Prepare to hate EA, Activision, and LucasArts more.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

That reminds me, Second Sight is now available on GOG. Will need to pick that up eventually. I still pray for TimeSplitters PC ports.

I had always wondered why the PC and 360 versions of Haze were cancelled. That game was complete and utter shit, and to know that it was partly the publisher's fault is a relief, to say the least.

I've always hated LucasArts, and this article proves that they're one of the worst.

Sucks that FR is stuck making Homefront 2. The first one was absolute trash; their talent would be better spent on something else.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Well, to be fair, there are lots of series where the first game is trash but the second game onward is supposedly a huge step up and turns out to be a great game; like, say....Mass Effect. :>

At any rate, if Free Radical is a talented developer they can make a great game even if its for an IP that has a shitty first game due to that first game being made by shitty developers.

Foggle

Mass Effect embodies the phrase "all flash, no substance." It tricks you into thinking that there's more to it than just interactive cutscenes and B-list third person shooting, but it's all a lie. You'll see what I mean if you ever finish out the series. Which I honestly don't recommend. On that note, I'm completely done with BioWare. I mean, let's face it, they'll never make another game of the same caliber as Baldur's Gate or KOTOR.

Anyway, yeah, Free Radical will at least make a competent shooter out of Homefront 2, which is more than I can say for the first one.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Yeah, and even KOTOR got turned into something that I didn't really want. I just can't get into MMORPGs, and I was a bit saddened to hear that we wouldn't be getting KOTOR 3 in favor if TOR (which I just flat out don't care about). Sadly enough, that may be the last KOTOR game that we ever get, period.

Foggle

TOR would be cool if:

1) It didn't have a monthly subscription
2) It actually played like KOTOR

The released game is basically just WoW in space.