Things That Bother You About Gaming

Started by Spark Of Spirit, May 17, 2011, 03:10:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Foggle

He can be funny at times, but he's still a biased asshole who wants you to feel terrible if your opinions aren't the same as his. I've actually enjoyed several of his Jimquisitions and Dtoid articles, but he pisses me off for the most part.

Daxdiv

I remember him using that "You're terrible if you don't think like me" tactic in that article I read when Jennifer Hepler aka Hamburger Helper got bashed on Twitter. I'll admit that while it was kind of immature for people to bash her, since I don't give two shits about the Dragon Age games since my opinion on the first game was that it was a chore to play and I couldn't even get far in the story because of it. However I thought that calling the people immature, setting gamers back and being jealous were ways to make you feel bad that kind of had to make you agree with him. Here's a hint for ya guys, if someone hates you it might not be out of jealousy, but rather you being an asshole.

Spark Of Spirit

"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Daxdiv

Because, even a broken clock is right at least twice a day. That's why.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Daxdiv on March 14, 2012, 10:27:17 PM
I mean, why didn't you comment on my post?  :'(

I wanted to hear your thoughts on the gameplay ideas.  :)
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Daxdiv

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on March 14, 2012, 10:35:31 PM

Oh... that! I was at work all day and you had one super long conversation while I was out and I wanted to get my stuff out about Jim Sterling before I forgot.

Foggle

Battle Mii looks surprisingly fun. Graphics seem a lot sharper than the 360/PS3; looks like 60 FPS with vsync and antialiasing. Not that these videos are the best to judge by or that I have the best eyes.

Loving the innovation in the controls and playstyles, though. Hope to see devs like Suda take advantage of all the cool shit you can do with the Wii U.

Spark Of Spirit

I like the ideas that can stem from those concepts. I can already picture a capture the flag type Mirror's Edge thing like Chase Mii. That would be amazing.

The Battle Mii one looks like they were specifically aiming for deathmatch style focus. If they get Timesplitters for launch (Oh man, that would be cool) I can only imagine what nuttiness could come from that. Especially if they keep the mapmaker!

Quote from: Daxdiv on March 14, 2012, 10:41:02 PM
Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on March 14, 2012, 10:35:31 PM

Oh... that! I was at work all day and you had one super long conversation while I was out and I wanted to get my stuff out about Jim Sterling before I forgot.
Oh, no prob. I agree about Sterling.

Rynnec

The Zelda vid has me curious if an Action/Hack and Slash game would take a similar approach.

Quote from: Foggle on March 14, 2012, 10:43:32 PM
Loving the innovation in the controls and playstyles, though. Hope to see devs like Suda take advantage of all the cool shit you can do with the Wii U.

No kiddin'. The next NMH will be absolutely crazy.

Daxdiv

The controls in both of those demos look slick as hell. I really liked what was shown with the Battle Mii game in particular. All I need to know is what games will come out with it and see if I'll buy it day one like I did with the 3DS.

Rynnec

Theoritically, we could get proper sequels of Crystal Chronicles, Four Swords Adventures, and Pac Man vs with this kind of tech.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Rynnec on March 14, 2012, 11:22:03 PM
Theoritically, we could get proper sequels of Crystal Chronicles, Four Swords Adventures, and Pac Man vs with this kind of tech.
What I've wanted since the Gamecube!

There's a lot of potential here, and while I'm sure Nintendo will make use of it, I hope third parties will actually try this time. I want more Third person games that use the wiimote as a control option.

Foggle

I hope we get proper MadWorld, House of the Dead: Overkill, and Sonic Colors sequels, as well. :)

Spark Of Spirit

I hope they at least have that Director's Cut of Overkill available for launch or something. I want to play it with a good motion controller. I also still want some Virtua Cop. Also, the Colors team should hopefully be working on a Wii-U Sonic game. They've released a Sonic game every year since 2006 (the first next-gen Sonic game) when the main team was making a game, their game would be out:

2006 - ... Uh
2007 - Secret Rings
2008 - Unleashed
2009 - Black Knight
2010 - Colors
2011 - Generations
2012 - ???

Since the storybook series is dead, I'm really hoping for a Colors 2. I need more "Drill!" in my life.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

You guys can go ahead and throw out all of the theories and discussion we've been having about the next XBOX and how it will compare to the WiiU. Microsoft has been making it abundantly clear that they have no intentions of revealing a new console anytime soon.