Things That Bother You About Gaming

Started by Spark Of Spirit, May 17, 2011, 03:10:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Foggle

"Gears of War 3 is my favorite video game." -- Soulja Boy

Gears 3 confirmed to be complete shit.

Rynnec

I was actually laughing when they were talking about that part as well. Specifically when they were praising and characters for being "well written". I haven't even played the games, and even I can tell that GoW's story is incredibly generic and trashy, and it's characters are all one-note, and one-dimensional.

Becomes even more hilarious when you find out that Gears 3's writer, Karen Traviss, is a VERY divisive figure among fans of the other sci-fi franchises she's worked on (namely, the Star Wars and Halo EU novel's).

Quote from: Foggle on June 26, 2012, 07:00:54 PM

Every game on that list is Soulja Boy's "favorite game". :lol:

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

In that case I'm so glad that he didn't have anything to say about Ninja Gaiden.

Rynnec

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on June 26, 2012, 07:16:08 PM

In that case I'm so glad that he didn't have anything to say about Ninja Gaiden.

Except he did have something to say about NG. :sly:

Okay, he really just talked briefly about how he misprounounced the name, and called it "One of my favorite video games".

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: Rynnec on June 26, 2012, 07:26:11 PM
Except he did have something to say about NG. :sly:

Clearly this must be your imagination, because there's no way my favorite game ever had any sort of connection (not even remotely) with the individual known as Soulja Boy. Nope. It just flat out never happened. That would never happen to my favorite video game of all time, because if it did, that'd just destroy me inside. :)....

QuoteOkay, he really just talked briefly about how he misprounounced the name, and called it "One of my favorite video games".

I still find it funny that the movie The Wizard actually got it right yet there are still so many people who can't tell that "ai" followed by a consonant is pronounced "I" and not "ay," but I guess none of those people ever payed attention in their elementary school English classes (and of course they most certainly can't read Japanese).

Foggle

Rynnec

Spark Of Spirit

"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

Rynnec

Activision is the cancer of the industry. If Activision crumbles it'll be its own damn fault.

Rynnec

Spark Of Spirit

First comment is pretty apt about games journalism as a whole.

It's like there's no gear between "lap up everything with a smile" and "brutal verbal assault". You can ask hard hitting questions without being completely tactless.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

Guy was a cunt about it, but he basically said everything I've been thinking about Day for years. And he's getting buttblasted by her fanboys on twitter as we speak.

Also, loldestructoid. Of course he was from Destructoid. :lol:

Spark Of Spirit

Though there is some hardcore hypocrisy here.

Foggle

Once again, loldestructoid.

I stopped going there after they posted four essays essentially calling anyone who disliked the Mass Effect 3 endings self-entitled manchildren in a single day.