The Legend of Zelda Series

Started by talonmalon333, May 27, 2011, 03:27:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nel_Annette

Quote from: talonmalon333 on November 19, 2013, 04:01:25 PM
Well going by continuity, the Master Sword should already be the Golden Sword in this game. :P

Yeah, but continuity's always wonky in this series.

Sword's lost it's previous power, restore it with blah blah blah etc.  :humhumhum:

Don't take this from me!

talonmalon333

Is anyone getting ALBW today?

I'm probably going to wait until Christmas.

VLordGTZ

I'm planning to buy either ALBW or Super Mario 3D World tomorrow.  I wish I had enough money for both of them.  :-[

Kiddington

So... I bought ALBW yesterday. I kept telling myself I was gonna wait until Christmas, but I just couldn't help it. I still haven't done much Christmas shopping yet in general, and since there's still plenty to around, I figured now was as good a time as any.

Still not sure if I'm quite ready to break into yet though (just too much else to finish up first). But man, it's tempting. I haven't been this excited about a new Zelda since I don't know how long.

Kiddington

So hey, anyone else pick up ALBW yet? Don't tell me I'm the only one.  :SHOCK:

Commode

I haven't bought it yet, but my buddy/roommate guy is letting me borrow his copy(even though he hasn't even played it yet), and I have to say it's pretty fun.  I like how it's really similar to ALTTP, and the walking in the walls thing is pretty cool too.

Not really playing it too much at the moment though, putting most of my resources into 3D World.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Spark Of Spirit

I'm hoping I don't get spoiled on it. Reactions have been overwhelmingly positive and I'm surprised spoilers have been so well contained.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Nel_Annette

Yeah, I ordered the game along with 3D World and have pretty much avoided all spoilers. Kind of proud of myself.  :joy:

Except one plot. But it was something that I actually guessed (not anything I predicted here, mind you, just in my head) and it's actually an after-the-credits thing, so I'm not really mad.

Spark Of Spirit

Top 10 Zelda games

Not a bad list, except #4 and #8 really have no place on it. There are better Zelda games.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

It's a good list. I personally wouldn't have included the first 2 games in there (I mean, not when you end up leaving out stuff like The Minish Cap because of them), but everything else definitely belongs on the list, though I'd switch #10 and #3, myself.

talonmalon333

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on December 13, 2013, 09:14:27 PM
Top 10 Zelda games

Not a bad list, except #4 and #8 really have no place on it. There are better Zelda games.

Why LoZ and AoL rather than SS? :P

For me, AoL is in the top 10 Zelda games, but I can certainly see why one might exclude it. It's a bit more "love or hate" than most games in the series. As for LoZ? Meh, it's definitely not one of the best, not with so many better games. I like it better than Skyward Sword, the two DS games, the two Four Sword games. So it'd at least come close to the top 10 for me.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: talonmalon333 on December 13, 2013, 10:36:56 PMWhy LoZ and AoL rather than SS? :P

I haven't played SS yet, but I could tell you with certainty that I'd take it over AoL any day. Sorry if you like that game, but I've tried really hard to get into it and quite frankly, I just can't stand it. As a Zelda game it just doesn't feel right, and as a 2D side-scroller it has aged horribly, IMO, and wasn't even that great compared to much better games of its time.

Spark Of Spirit

Certainly I would put Minish Cap on the list and ALBW (haven't played it yet, but I know it's better than the NES games) over them. SS might not be overly impressive, but it isn't like it's irredeemable or anything.

talonmalon333

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on December 13, 2013, 11:33:58 PM
Quote from: talonmalon333 on December 13, 2013, 10:36:56 PMWhy LoZ and AoL rather than SS? :P

I haven't played SS yet, but I could tell you with certainty that I'd take it over AoL any day. Sorry if you like that game, but I've tried really hard to get into it and quite frankly, I just can't stand it. As a Zelda game it just doesn't feel right, and as a 2D side-scroller it has aged horribly, IMO, and wasn't even that great compared to much better games of its time.

I can understand that. Like I said, it's more of a "love or hate" game than most of the series. I guess that makes it the most "cult" game in the series (I don't consider MM to be extremely cult anymore, as it has gotten more popular in recent years). And if there's one thing I can say about AoL, it's that while I like it, I do feel little desire to play it again. Though that might be because it's so hard and the concept of playing through it again scares me. :huh:

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on December 13, 2013, 11:43:04 PM
Certainly I would put Minish Cap on the list and ALBW (haven't played it yet, but I know it's better than the NES games) over them. SS might not be overly impressive, but it isn't like it's irredeemable or anything.

I haven't yet played A Link Between Worlds, but I would probably clip Minish Cap onto the #10 spot. And I just think LoZ is more fun than SS. It's dated, true, but SS honestly feels like a chore to me way too often. It seems like, when you're not in a dungeon, SS always has you taking care of some annoying busywork. :imnothappy:

Spark Of Spirit

The newest Nintendo crossover is with Tecmo-Koei and is tentatively called Hyrule Warriors.

Your mileage may vary depending on how you enjoy a Dynasty Warriors game, but it does look like this one will have that Nintendo polish and does have some exploration aspects. I will keep an eye on this one.