What Games Do You Want That They Aren't Making

Started by gunswordfist, June 14, 2011, 12:01:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gunswordfist

Self-explanatory....okay, maybe not.

I want single player 3D beat em ups. Now why the hell would I ask for beat em ups that're both 3D and single player? I want it to be structured like a TPS like Max Payne or whatever but you use your hands and feet and all the enemies do the same. Maybe co-op if they can do it right.

3D Platformers with more than one way to get to one point or another. They always only give you one way to jump or climb on whatever to get to somewhere. I want to be able to kind of freestyle it. The only idea I can think of would be to use ropes on certain parts to swing and reach whatever you can with it instead of just having to use it to swing to one point. I want much more than that but I think that gets my point across.

Free roaming hack n slashes that have you travel the world with good platforming. I want this more than anything.

Beat em up RPGs.

Fragfests that focus on blasting monsters into gory messes in a world with a little bit of freedoms instead of shooters with linear paths that are controlled by cutscenes.
Turn based RPGs that actually take advantage of today's technology. I want my playable world maps back!

New 4 player online co-op beat em ups and shoot em ups and not just ports.

Good TPSs. For the love of God is that genre lacking.

Much more brand new Metroidvanias and action platformers (Earthworm Jim, Mega Man type of games)
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Spark Of Spirit

Yeah, instead of making more and more movie shooters, I want more exploration of different genres. Valve did it and we got Portal and Left 4 Dead, but they're just one company.

I want a 2D platformer with a a beat em up system. Like a modern day Double Dragon 2 NES, only fleshed out in the platforming side more.

More 3D platformers like what Sega is doing with Sonic Generations would be nice. It has multiple paths, and shortcuts all over the level making it feel "true" 3D instead of most 3D platformers where you're basically in a fish bowl grabbing food pellets, or walking down one corridor after another until you reach the end.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I want a 2D action hack n' slash game with plenty of platforming elements. To give an example, my most obvious choice is another classic-style NG game. However, I don't want it to be purely classic. I want it to be 2D or 2.5D and take all of the core elements from the classic NES games but evolve that style of gameplay, maybe by having enemies that take more than 1 hit and having Ryu have a combo system not too unlike the 3D games, but still keep a big focus on speed and platforming, and I'd like it to do all of this without sacrificing any of the brutal difficulty level.

To put it more simply, I'd like a Super Ninja Gaiden IV or Ninja Gaiden X of sorts (with those titles obviously being akin to Super Castlevania IV and Mega Man X). What I mean is I want an NG game that is the equivalent to either of those reboots in the series (maybe reboot isn't the right word to describe them, but its the best term that I could think of that seemed appropriate enough), in that it reboots the classic gameplay style while still feeling very much like the classics. Of course, if they were to just make an NG4 that was pretty much exactly like the NES games except with more refined gameplay then I'd be a happy camper too. Sadly, with the current state of that piece of shit company Tecmo Koei and with Team Ninja being lead by that dunderhead Hayashi, I can safely say that this will never happen at any point in the near future, or ever at all, for that matter.

At the very least I'd want a new 3D game that feels like a true sequel to NGB (as much as I love NG2, I wouldn't call it the true sequel that I was waiting for, but its still an awesome game in its own right), but once again, with the current Team Ninja that certainly won't be happening either judging by what I've seen of NG3 so far. **SIGH** :(

I also would like a good 3D hack n' slash and platformer hybrid, but that's even more unlikely to happen.

I'd settle for a really good 3D beat-em-up of ANY kind. I mean, honestly, the only good 3D beat-em-ups I can think of are God Hand and Mad World (if that counts). Make something like that on a platform that I can actually play such a game on, please.

Other than that, if Sega could make me a new JSR game, or id Capcom could make me a new Power Stone game, I'd be ecstatic, but I suppose neither of those things are ever going to happen either....:-\

gunswordfist

Quote from: Desensitized on June 14, 2011, 04:59:15 PM

More 3D platformers like what Sega is doing with Sonic Generations would be nice. It has multiple paths, and shortcuts all over the level making it feel "true" 3D instead of most 3D platformers where you're basically in a fish bowl grabbing food pellets, or walking down one corridor after another until you reach the end.
What, really? I thought it was going to damn near be an on rails game.

gunswordfist

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on June 14, 2011, 06:32:34 PM
I want a 2D action hack n' slash game with plenty of platforming elements. To give an example, my most obvious choice is another classic-style NG game. However, I don't want it to be purely classic. I want it to be 2D or 2.5D and take all of the core elements from the classic NES games but evolve that style of gameplay, maybe by having enemies that take more than 1 hit and having Ryu have a combo system not too unlike the 3D games, but still keep a big focus on speed and platforming, and I'd like it to do all of this without sacrificing any of the brutal difficulty level.

To put it more simply, I'd like a Super Ninja Gaiden IV or Ninja Gaiden X of sorts (with those titles obviously being akin to Super Castlevania IV and Mega Man X). What I mean is I want an NG game that is the equivalent to either of those reboots in the series (maybe reboot isn't the right word to describe them, but its the best term that I could think of that seemed appropriate enough), in that it reboots the classic gameplay style while still feeling very much like the classics. Of course, if they were to just make an NG4 that was pretty much exactly like the NES games except with more refined gameplay then I'd be a happy camper too. Sadly, with the current state of that piece of shit company Tecmo Koei and with Team Ninja being lead by that dunderhead Hayashi, I can safely say that this will never happen at any point in the near future, or ever at all, for that matter.

At the very least I'd want a new 3D game that feels like a true sequel to NGB (as much as I love NG2, I wouldn't call it the true sequel that I was waiting for, but its still an awesome game in its own right), but once again, with the current Team Ninja that certainly won't be happening either judging by what I've seen of NG3 so far. **SIGH** :(

I also would like a good 3D hack n' slash and platformer hybrid, but that's even more unlikely to happen.

I'd settle for a really good 3D beat-em-up of ANY kind. I mean, honestly, the only good 3D beat-em-ups I can think of are God Hand and Mad World (if that counts). Make something like that on a platform that I can actually play such a game on, please.

Other than that, if Sega could make me a new JSR game, or id Capcom could make me a new Power Stone game, I'd be ecstatic, but I suppose neither of those things are ever going to happen either....:-\
So basically you want to play Moon Diver?

Don't know why no one is even trying to make a hack n slash slash platformer. I guess it's too obviously good of an idea. I'd kill for a good new 3D beat em up but yet again everyone wants to make everything else.

I want new JSR and Power Stone on XBLA. Less popular series have had sequels on there.

gunswordfist

I still want more shooters. Much more shooters.

gunswordfist

Quote from: gunswordfist on January 26, 2012, 01:54:25 AM
I still want more shooters. Much more shooters.
Nothing? Didn't think so. I'm sure when people see someone say they want more shooters, they think "OMG you want more brown shooter?!" Who the fuck would want more bad games? Believe it or not folks, the F/TPS has much more to do. I want more good shooters. I want them to have vibrant color. I want them to have little to no cutscenes and more freedom. Every genre could use more games, don't let the Call Of Duty crowd make you think it's cool to frown on this genre.

Kiddington

I still want a Pokemon Yellow remake; done in the same style as FR/LG, with perhaps a few more extras beyond the Sevii Islands. And Crystal too, for that matter.

It'll never happen, though. Not in a million years. My wishes shall remain unfulfilled.

Foggle

gunswordfist

Spark Of Spirit

Modern Zelda = No
Sci-Fi Zelda = No
Tropical Zelda = No

Keep Zelda as Zelda.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Spark Of Spirit

Oh, and I want this:

There's so much potential in this series. I've been wanting a new one of these longer than a new Kid Icarus, Punch Out, or Donkey Kong Country game. Since we got all those, this is all that's left.

People keep wanting Retro Studios to make a big adventure game on their own, well here's their chance! A great and original IP just sitting around gathering dust. Save it, Nintendo!

talonmalon333

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on February 10, 2012, 03:29:33 PM
Modern Zelda = No
Sci-Fi Zelda = No
Tropical Zelda = No

Keep Zelda as Zelda.

So basically, you want the same game over and over again?

Also, what I really meant with that picture above is that the flood from Wind Waker's backstory has potential for a good game. Futuristic technology isn't a requirement.