Platformers

Started by Spark Of Spirit, June 21, 2011, 12:05:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gunswordfist

in no order:
super mario 64

ratchet & clank up your arsenal, going commando and a crack in time.

prince of persia sands of time

spyro

crash 3

toy story 2

tomb raider legend

prince of persia 2008

i had to really stretch out my list. i haven't gotten a chance to finish or play many 3d platformers.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Speedy on January 08, 2015, 10:48:19 AM
Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on January 07, 2015, 11:47:46 PM
I think Crash, Spyro, and Ratchet & Clank had consistency in their original trilogies. Jumping Flash and Tomba! never even got a third game, unfortunately.
Side thought:  I bought Tomba 2 for PSN but it's definitely tricky to navigate menus since I don't read Japanese.  I'm not sure why they released the JP version on the PSN Store, when the game was originally released in America.
Oh man, really? Glad I never got around to Tomba 2, then. Not sure what they were thinking with that.

My favorite 3D platformers:

Super Mario Galaxy
Super Mario Galaxy 2
Super Mario 3D World
Ratchet & Clank: Going Commando
Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal
Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time
Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back
Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped
Banjo Kazooie
Maximo: Ghosts to Glory
Jak & Daxter
Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time

(I know that's 12, but so what?)

I still haven't tried Sands of Time or Tomb Raider Legend.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

you should. they are my favorites in their respective series.

i have played little of the games in the sly, jak and banjo series.

Spark Of Spirit

I keep forgetting about them, honestly. Is the HD version of Sands of Time any good? If not, I'll just see if my friend can find his PS2 copy somewhere to lend me.

Tomb Raider, I have to admit, I never got around to the pre-HD, post-32 bit games. But they've been on my list for awhile.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on January 08, 2015, 04:52:56 PM
I keep forgetting about them, honestly. Is the HD version of Sands of Time any good? If not, I'll just see if my friend can find his PS2 copy somewhere to lend me.
I believe the only issue is that the game glitches for some people if they're logged into PSN/XBL while playing, but don't quote me on that. I had no problem playing it myself, however.

QuoteTomb Raider, I have to admit, I never got around to the pre-HD, post-32 bit games.
Don't.

Spark Of Spirit

My tolerance for those types of things is fairly high. After all, I do have the Jak and Ratchet collections.

Quote from: Foggle on January 08, 2015, 05:10:49 PM
Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on January 08, 2015, 04:52:56 PMTomb Raider, I have to admit, I never got around to the pre-HD, post-32 bit games.
Don't.
Not a fan of Legend, Underworld, or Anniversary?

Foggle

What was wrong with the Jak collection? I only remember the HUD being cropped during the races in Jak 3 and Kor's face having no textures for a couple of seconds at the end of Jak 2.

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on January 08, 2015, 05:13:32 PM
But those are HD games (and I love them)! I was assuming you were referring to shit like Angel of Darkness. :D

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Foggle on January 08, 2015, 05:15:37 PM
What was wrong with the Jak collection? I only remember the HUD being cropped during the races in Jak 3 and Kor's face having no textures for a couple of seconds at the end of Jak 2.
Dunno, I didn't have any problems with it. I just heard it was messy.

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on January 08, 2015, 05:13:32 PM
But those are HD games (and I love them)! I was assuming you were referring to shit like Angel of Darkness. :D
Oh, I guess I got confused since Legend, Anniversary, and Underworld are on the PS2. Though Underworld and Anniversary are also on the Wii. :sweat:

Confusing. Oh well, there's a trilogy of them for the PS3. I'll probably just get that next time I see it.

talonmalon333

I would pick my top favorite 3D platformers, but I think you guys know what my top 2 are.

gunswordfist

i didn't know there was a hd remake to sands of time.

edit: angel of darkness is the only post-32 bit era game in the series that sucks that i am aware of.

Spark Of Spirit

Angel of Darkness was awful. But after Tomb Raider II, the series had begun a slow down-slide in quality where that was the bottom.

I guess I didn't trust them enough to give the newer games a shot. But there's no reason to keep avoiding them.

gunswordfist

true. beyond that, i hear underworld is mediocre but i would probably like it. plus, foggle said the latest game was great and an old friend handed me a copy of it out of nowhere so i have no reason to not play it.

gunswordfist

has anyone here played the mdk games?

Spark Of Spirit

I had a friend who liked them. I never got into them, though.

I'm considering another playthrough of Thieves in Time. Has anyone else here with a PS3 played it yet?

gunswordfist

i tried to get my brother to get the trilogy and thieves in time.