The Powerpuff Girls

Started by Eddy, July 03, 2011, 12:30:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LumRanmaYasha

The Powerpuff Girls are getting a whole new series set to premiere in 2016.

Well, I can't say I'm not interested. I do like PPG after all and of all the cartoon cartoons it's the one that best lends itself to a multiple series franchise. The show went south in it's final two seasons without McCracken though, so I am a bit skeptical that it'll turn out well right now. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Avaitor

I thought that McCarken was still there for its last two seasons, though.

He definitely won't be back for this however, since he and CN aren't on good terms anymore, so my interest isn't too high yet. It is surprising to see them go back to PPG so much, since it doesn't air on CN and I don't think that kids really know or care about it anymore.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

LumRanmaYasha

Quote from: Avaitor on June 16, 2014, 12:41:16 PM

He left after season 4 to make Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends.

gunswordfist

I'd be interested if they did not use character designs that are worse than Transformers Animated.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Avaitor

Hmm, Chris Savino took over the show after McCracken left. The same guy behind the later Dexter episodes.

Why did I not know this, and how am I not the least bit surprised?
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

gunswordfist

Spark Of Spirit

The man should not be a showrunner. Some people just don't work properly in the position.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

I was checking Savino's tv.com page to see if he was another Mike Scully, but he mostly came out of nowhere. He wrote a couple of season 2 Dexter shorts, but I don't recall any of those being A-game. He also did some I Am Weasel stuff, not to mention Gym Partner...

I wonder what would've happened if Paul Rudish took over for Dexter when it came back. I can't help but wonder if that would have been a much better experience.

New blog!

Spark Of Spirit

The thing is, Mike Scully is a fairly good comedy writer. He's just not good in the position of filtering others' ideas. Chris Savino has proven on two separate occasions that while he may be a decent writer, he cannot manage a show.

That's probably why when people were wondering who the next MLP showrunner was and Savino worked on the show, everyone became nervous. Thankfully, that didn't happen. I would hope by now he knows to stay away from the position. It's just not for him.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on June 16, 2014, 03:40:45 PM
The thing is, Mike Scully is a fairly good comedy writer. He's just not good in the position of filtering others' ideas. Chris Savino has proven on two separate occasions that while he may be a decent writer, he cannot manage a show.
That's what I was checking on, but it doesn't seem like Savino is even that great at writing or directing.

I don't know if I'll go back to my CN series (if I do, I might just stick to PPG and EEnE- I've always had trouble with writing about Dexter and Johnny), but if I do, I am really not looking forward to his runs.

New blog!

Nameless

He definitely won't be back for this however, since he and CN aren't on good terms anymore, so my interest isn't too high yet. It is surprising to see them go back to PPG so much, since it doesn't air on CN and I don't think that kids really know or care about it anymore.

There's one other side to this, though: cashing in on '90s nostalgia.

superfluidity

I'm pretty much agreed with you.

I still can't believe CN drove away McCracken like that. You would think they would treat the creator of one of their two big franchises like royalty.

gunswordfist

Welcome to AR, superfluidity!

superfluidity

I've been lurking on here (and prior to that, TZ) on-and-off for a while now, but thanks!

gunswordfist