Dexter's Laboratory

Started by Avaitor, July 03, 2011, 03:46:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daxdiv

Quote from: Rosalinas Spare Wand on January 22, 2013, 05:28:33 PM
Seems like the most shocking part was the title card with Dee Dee flipping the bird. Otherwise, seems about on par with other similar episodes.

How can you flip the bird when you only have 4 fingers?

Silverstar

Yeah, the title card was the only thing really unacceptable about it. The short itself was pretty standard issue. All of the swears were bleeped; I've seen other cartoons employ that same technique and they got on the air.

It wasn't a terrible short, but given its' infamous reputation, I was expecting something a lot more hardcore. I figured it was going to be like that infamous WB animation clip of Porky Pig saying "Son of a b-b-b-b-GUN!". Really, CN could've just replaced and/or removed the title card for this and it could have aired as a regular episode.
Twinsanity - the Star Twins' blog. Cartoons. Pop Culture. Comedy. Opinions. Commentary. Analysis. Geekiness.

Avaitor

Quote from: Daikun on January 22, 2013, 04:10:16 PM
Anyway, I'm surprised that CN could air the Potty Mouth episode of PPG, but not this. It feels rather hypocritical on their end. I'm willing to bet that if they'd just changed the title card, it would have aired on CN just fine.
Eh, years apart. This kind of episode was kind of new when it was made, even if it was only made a year before the "Word of the Day" episode of Rugrats. If that aired sooner, maybe "Dexter's Rude Removal" would have made it on CN after all.

And I also believe that this title card wasn't its first, and a less raunchy one was made for its broadcast, while this one was made purely for conventions. That's only a guess, though.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Daikun

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

gunswordfist

Whoa, 1995...Dexter is almost 20 years old. Crazy.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Avaitor

Yep, hard to believe that the WAC shorts are so old now.

I do want to get into some of these comics, but first I have some "grown-up" titles to get to first. But I'll probably keep an eye on them anyway.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

gunswordfist

The only "kids" comic I've ever read was an Avatar one that came with a DVD. It sucked.

Avaitor

I hear that the actual Avatar comics are better, if you're interested.

New blog!

gunswordfist

Oh, I definitely am. I might wait until Korra's time is over to read them though. I rather have things revealed about the Avatar universe while watching the show instead of reading the comics, such as anything about Princess Ursa's time after leaving the Fire Nation, which I still purposely know nothing about.

Dr. Insomniac

Quote from: Avaitor on April 04, 2014, 11:20:21 AM
No, they aren't. The Search gives the dumbest explanation for what happened to Zuko's mom.

gunswordfist

Dr. Insomniac

Quote from: gunswordfist on April 04, 2014, 05:32:31 PM
:unimpressed: I'll still read them.
Well, you better hope you like stories involving childhood friends and Koh's mom.

Avaitor

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on April 04, 2014, 05:30:50 PM
Quote from: Avaitor on April 04, 2014, 11:20:21 AM
No, they aren't. The Search gives the dumbest explanation for what happened to Zuko's mom.
Welp, I've heard wrong then.

And that seems like something which shouldn't be easy to think of a logical reason for, so that sucks.

New blog!

Daxdiv

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on April 04, 2014, 05:45:59 PM
Quote from: gunswordfist on April 04, 2014, 05:32:31 PM
:unimpressed: I'll still read them.
Well, you better hope you like stories involving childhood friends and Koh's mom.

"WHAT WENT WRONG!?!" Is the question I still ask myself about them. I still liked the Promise, but the Search felt a little... weak.