SUDA 51 and Grasshopper Manufacure

Started by Eddy, July 15, 2011, 12:31:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

This is Sine Mora if you guys don't know

I'll keep my eye out for that since I generally like old school style shmups, but blue bullets on a blue background?!? That needs to change.

So yeah, as long as they make games like this, then they can do all the Lollipop Chainsaw games they want. I'm glad to see Grasshopper finally embrace 2D.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

That actually looks really good! From the screens I'd seen, I'd assumed it was a 3D aerial combat game. I'm all hyped 'n shit now.

Lollipop Chainsaw is going to be awesome, just you wait. ;)

Foggle

Eddy

I don't even listen to Mindless Self Indulgence and I'm excited.

I don't care what anyone says, I'm fucking stoked for Lollipop Chainsaw. That reminds me, I still need to beat Shadows of the Damned.

Foggle

I think LC is going to be amazing. It's Suda51 and James Gunn (seriously, Slither and Super are fucking great movies) collaborating on what appears to be a spiritual successor to No More Heroes. Then there's Akira Yamaoka's music now augmented by some Mindless Self Indulgence tracks. It just sounds wonderful and bizarre.

My only hope is that they treat the protagonist like a female Serious Sam rather than a sex icon.

Quote from: Eddy on February 02, 2012, 02:12:16 AM
That reminds me, I still need to beat Shadows of the Damned.
Suda's weakest game, in my opinion. Don't get me wrong, it's still excellent, but a lot of it feels undercooked (the Big Boner level and side-scrolling shmup stages are awful). Mikami's influence isn't really noticeable, and it gives off the vibe of executive meddling from EA on occasion.

Foggle

THIS IS THE GAMESTOP PRE-ORDER BONUS

JESUS CHRIST I HAVE ALREADY PRE-ORDERED

EDIT: And this box art is exceptional. Suda never disappoints. The day he stops making games is the day the industry dies.

Eddy

The more I see of Lollipop Chainsaw the more excited I'm getting. Seriously, it looks like it has all the style and humor of No More Heroes.

Rynnec

Foggle

YES! Now THIS is what I like to see! :thumbup:

Eddy

That image of Dan Smith got me excited for a second there. I want a Killer7 sequel so bad.

But still, more Suda is always a good thing! :shakeshakeshake:

Foggle

Eddy

Have some screenshots from Suda's upcoming XBLA/PSN game: Black Knight Sword! I didn't know this existed until today! It's some sort of hack-n-slash platformer done in a "paper" style and set up like some kind of school play. I love Suda.

More screenshots here

Foggle

Wow, those graphics are fucking sexy. This is going to be so amazing.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Even though I have yet to play any Suda 51/Grasshopper games (yeah, I know....), I must say that I'm quite glad that creative developers like this are still able to make the unique kinds of games that they love to make despite clearly not being able to sell nearly as much as what they truly deserve for their work. Its really refreshing to see in a gaming market full of generic clones of the most popular game in each respective genre. We need more developers like Suda around to keep the gaming world interesting, IMO.

Peanutbutter

Would it be inaccurate to call Suda the Steve Jobs of video games?  :swoon: