The Death (& Return?) Of Capcom

Started by Rynnec, July 18, 2011, 08:57:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Markness

Quote from: gunswordfist on May 23, 2016, 09:24:49 PM
I hate it when people say V looks just like IV.

You aren't saying I said that, are you? They definitely look different. V's art style is a lot smoother and in some ways more serious than IV's. Some of the characters in IV looked like action figures while you don't get that feeling in V at all.

Quote from: Dr. Ensatsu-ken on May 23, 2016, 07:37:15 PM
Mechanically, Street Fighter V is excellent. It's content and net-code where Capcom really dropped the ball, though I've heard that patches have since fixed the online issues for the most part.

My internet connection tends to be laggy for some reason on my PS3 and the behavior of some people I played against put a bad taste in my mouth so I never really got into online play. Playing against others at the arcade and video game bar feels more rewarding and fun to me.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Personally, I actually prefer IV's design to V's. I love the over-the-top cartoon designs and antics of the characters. They don't look like action figures at all because they are so packed with personality. While V's designs do look more like that of a traditional fighting game, they lose a lot of personality quirks and are a little too self-serious, IMO.

I still think that it's fine, but for me there was something that felt more colorful and lively about IV's art design.

gunswordfist

No no, Markness. I said that because you said the art direction improved. :)
Quote from: Markness on May 23, 2016, 05:48:29 PM
Street Fighter V may not be a complete game yet but I've actually had a lot of fun playing it at the arcades I go to. Laura's a really good newcomer to the series and the art direction is a step up from IV. The cover charge for the arcades is also low so it'll tide me over until the game is purchase worthy for me. It's atleast good for versus play.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Markness

Quote from: gunswordfist on May 24, 2016, 09:50:14 AM
No no, Markness. I said that because you said the art direction improved. :)

Oh, my bad!  :P Thanks for clearing that up!

gunswordfist

Markness

Quote from: gunswordfist on May 23, 2016, 11:48:43 PM
As far as I know, over 50% of SF V's cast are characters that aren't in SF IV

Yeah, besides the veteran characters, none of the newcomers from IV are in V though Juri is planned to appear in V.
I like Juri but I didn't like Rufus and El Fuerte. I hope they never return in the SF canon.

gunswordfist

Abel was actually my favorite newcomer, with Gouken, Juri, C. Viper and Oni looking good. Emphasis on looking since I only used Gouken once out of all of them. lol Since Juri is already returning, I want Abel and C. Viper to return too.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Abel was great. He had a very good combination of combos and grapples in his arsenal. Juri, Gouken, Oni, and Seth (as a playable character, not as a boss fight) were great as well. I was never very fond of C. Viper or Hakan, though.

gunswordfist

I forgot that I actually had fun playing as Seth the time or two I tried him.

Peanutbutter

They have some improvement left to do, but if they release a new and good Devil May Cry they will be 100% square with me.

gunswordfist

Quote from: Peanutbutter on June 22, 2016, 12:01:29 AM
They have some improvement left to do, but if they release a new and good Devil May Cry they will be 100% square with me.

Mustang

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2016/jul/15/street-fighter-v-cpt-premier-package-appears-playstation-store/

"Sigh"

I don't know if anyone has been following EVO or not, but more DLC stuff was announced yesterday along with plans for survival mode colors. I totally understand the "cashcom" crowd but man my interest in SF5 has dwindled in a blink just like that. Don't get me wrong, it's not just the fanbase, but a combination of both the fanbase and Capcom themselves. Each passing month the fanbase (online) has been complaining over something. No matter how big or small the problem is, it's something they're complaining about and then each month up to now capcom has screwed something up. Be it the Ibuki delay, 8-frames of lag, Capcom US/JPN not being on the same page.

I tend not to care whatsoever what people think, especially when people try to get others to "NOT" buy something because they're the ones trying to make a stand. If I'm gonna buy something I want then I'm gonna do it. But then there's that fine line. Buying colors that you're suppose to be able to unlock. Really? And then to add on to more of that, you want more money for extra costumes and additional money for more colors for those costumes as well... I'm glad I didn't jump the gun and buy the season pass just yet.

I'm a fan of capcom but they're making real hard to support them at the moment and the online community's not making it any better because they just whine all the time.

Stick with SF3/4 until both sides get their act together. Times like this is when Tekken 7 is definitely needed.
3S - Ken, Ryu, Dudley
SF6 - Ken, Cammy
GGXrdR2 - Johnny, Sol

Peanutbutter

Mega Man X is in Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite. Is a full game next?

Will Capcom finally get it together?

Mustang

Quote from: Peanutbutter on December 05, 2016, 08:10:39 PM
Mega Man X is in Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite. Is a full game next?

Will Capcom finally get it together?

I don't know if they will get it together. With the way season 2 of SF5 is looking and whatnot. I don't want to jump the gun and whatnot, but I just hate nerfs. Anyway, all would be forgiven if I get DMC5 and it's good.
3S - Ken, Ryu, Dudley
SF6 - Ken, Cammy
GGXrdR2 - Johnny, Sol

gunswordfist

Agreed. Devil May Cry 5 auto-absolves all of Capcom's sins