Unpopular Opinions On Gaming

Started by Dr. Ensatsu-ken, November 09, 2011, 11:23:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gunswordfist

Ken>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Ryu.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Spark Of Spirit

That isn't really all that unpopular of an opinion, though I do prefer Ryu since I like his stronger Fireballs and hurricane kicks to Ken's faster ones.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Spark Of Spirit

Any rebuttals to this piece?

The wildest comment:

QuoteThis is my favorite 3D mario by far. The platforming was the best around. The only thing that was bad in the game were those awful levels Without FLUDD. Those were horrible. But besides that there was just so much there and so much to explore. Really great game. Galaxy was a monster disappointment after this game.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Rosalinas Spare Wand

O'Neill is spot on about everything that game has to offer. I'm actually glad the game didn't recycle the same old volcano/grasslands/ice cave areas like most of the games do (and the New series is just dragging it through the mud at this point). Though I will agree the inconsistent difficulty is unjustified and could've been fixed by simply moving some missions around.

I have heard of people being disappointed by Galaxy, and that probably has to do with 64 and Sunshine being more Sandbox-like games. Galaxy 1 and 2 are more like real, linear platformers while 64 and Sunshine are pretty much open worlds with a few platforms.

Spark Of Spirit

I don't have much of a problem with the setting, to me it's because I don't like the controls and I've never enjoyed the sandbox style Mario games that really hurt it to me. I even get bored when playing SM64. It's the same problems I have with Sly 2 and Banjo Tooie (and possibly Jak 2 and 3), where I get totally bored due to all the walking back and forth.

I like obstacle courses, exploration is for adventure games.

Though I do like Jak 1 and Banjo Kazooie, so I don't know. It might be because those games have a ton of obstacles in them and not much room for long stretches of flat ground with nothing to do.

Rynnec

QuoteThe only thing that was bad in the game were those awful levels Without FLUDD. Those were horrible.

Kiddington

QuoteThis is my favorite 3D mario by far. The platforming was the best around. The only thing that was bad in the game were those awful levels Without FLUDD. Those were horrible.

Honestly, what a strange thing to say. It's almost like he's being a contrarian just for the sake of being contrarian.

Look, I've made it no secret by now how I feel about Sunshine. Having played through most of it again just in the past couple of months, those feelings haven't really changed. It's just... very boring to me, and I don't know how to get around that. Too much emphasis on gimmicky stuff like FLUDD, too little variety between worlds, and of course, I'd be remiss to go without mentioning the little quirks, like the horrendous voice acting... what can I say, I just don't like this game.

different strokes for different folks I 'spose. It's just not my cup of tea, and quite frankly, I've given up on my opinion of it ever changing.

Avaitor

Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

gunswordfist

Ken>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Terry Bogard.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: gunswordfist on August 30, 2012, 08:29:11 PM
Ken>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Terry Bogard.
I'm calling for a ban.

gunswordfist

Rosalinas Spare Wand

Ur a liar, lindsey

gunswordfist

Quote from: Rosalinas Spare Wand on August 31, 2012, 09:25:07 PM

Ur a liar, lindsey
It's spelled Lindsay.  >:(

Spark Of Spirit

Super Monkey Ball is probably the best Game on the Gamecube.

Only SMB2 and Double Dash come close.

Rynnec

Shame that Monkey Ball seems to have faded into obscurity.

Speaking of Double Dash: Kirby Air Ride >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Double Dash.