Samurai Jack

Started by gunswordfist, November 15, 2011, 11:43:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gunswordfist

Thread for the greatest cartoon ever created (including the future) ;D
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Avaitor

Hey, hope you don't mind that I moved the thread to the CN board.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Spark Of Spirit

"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

Quote from: Avaitor on November 15, 2011, 12:02:19 PM
Hey, hope you don't mind that I moved the thread to the CN board.
Oh, right. No problem.

Rosalinas Spare Wand

I never understood why it suddenly came back on Toonami during its final days, but I didn't really care because I was just glad to see it back.

It didn't have a lot of substance, but it was certainly a visual treat. Definitely the weakest of Tartakovsky's work, but not horrible at all. The late Saturday night timeslot also seemed perfect for it, and I don't know why.

Kiddington

Wish I had the money to buy the DVD's. For whatever reason, I've been really wanting to watch this again (I don't even know why, though; I was never really "into it" to begin with. It was always just sorta "there" for me).

Rynnec

I'm happy to have the entire series on DVD. First (and only) series I've collected and completed actually.

While it's not the deepest cartoon by any means, it does has its charm. It's the kind of show were you can pop a bag of popcorn, select an episode that appeals to you, and just watch it.

gunswordfist

Quote from: Rynnec on November 16, 2011, 01:24:12 AM
I'm happy to have the entire series on DVD. First (and only) series I've collected and completed actually.

While it's not the deepest cartoon by any means, it does has its charm. It's the kind of show were you can pop a bag of popcorn, select an episode that appeals to you, and just watch it.
It sure is.

What's everyone's favorite episode? Mine was Jack vs. The Zombies. I loved when one of my little brothers was watching tv with me and I got to watch it for the first time with him. It has some of the best action in the series.

Also, I saw the episode where Aku challenges Jack to an unarmed/no powers fight a couple of months ago. It was one of the episodes I missed and now I saw why people loved it. Such a fun episode.

Avaitor

I love "Birth of Evil" and the one with the ninja with the black and white fight. Oh, and the three blind archers one. That was also epic.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

gunswordfist

So many freaking good episodes.

I didn't really pay much mind to the Three Archers episode. That is, until I watched it another time some years ago, not expecting much but instead got a pleasant surprise. One of those, what the hell was I thinking? moments. I could just watch the way those archers move around looking for Jack after he disappears and how their ears move around. It's just great to watch. My favorites besides the two I named:
The Egyptian monsters episodes. Some of the foes that Jack can't beat himself.

The 8 robots. Again, Jack contacts the heavens for strength. Hmmm...just noticed that he does that a few times.

The first episode of the best sidekick ever, The Scotsman. Their bridge fight made me go  :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o Also, that redneck robot pig made me and my brother lol like crazy.

The Dome of Doom! The monster voiced by a wrestler (I believe the late Macho Man Randy Savage) was another villain with personality that was snuck into an episode.

The 300 episode.

The monk episode. I used to watch episodes, hoping that the forest Jack was walking through was the one where the two monks would pop out of and fight Jack. One of the best, if not the best, unarmed fight in the show.

The rock monster. We got to see one of the most cruel displays by Aku without him actually being in the episode. I thought the animation was interesting. This is also another episode I really appreciated over time.

That episode with the I believe green..or was it blue? Morpheus type sword character. Jack goes on an adventure to reach yet another time portal and faces one of his toughest opponents yet.

Yeah, I know I named a lot, but I consider all of these episodes to be on the same level. I need to get the final season DVD. I believe I still haven't seen some episodes.

Daikun

hobbyfan

Quote from: Rosalinas Spare Wand on November 15, 2011, 08:12:16 PM
I never understood why it suddenly came back on Toonami during its final days, but I didn't really care because I was just glad to see it back.

It didn't have a lot of substance, but it was certainly a visual treat. Definitely the weakest of Tartakovsky's work, but not horrible at all. The late Saturday night timeslot also seemed perfect for it, and I don't know why.

Wait. Weakest of Tartatovsky's work? I don't think so. It was his first dramatic series, which prepped him for Star Wars: The Clone Wars, mind you, and the serial format seemed to work. Some of the character designs, mostly for monsters, looked like they were inspired by Maurice Sendak, IMPO.

Daikun: I may take a look at the SJ book when it comes out, though I may not be too thrilled with having to fork over $4 an issue from IDW.

Foggle

gunswordfist

I...!!! No words. 2016 is the greatest year of animation.