The Retro Gaming Thread

Started by Spark Of Spirit, November 20, 2011, 05:19:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: talonmalon333 on February 02, 2015, 06:21:58 PM
What do you think of Startropics?
Great little series that should have been given more than it had been given. A new entry that was like ALTTP was to the original games would have been great.

I still hold out hope that one day it'll get revived. It's the only Nintendo series left that deserves some sort of revival.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

talonmalon333

Maybe, instead of that Zelda game people have been asking them to make, Retro should revive this series as they did with Metroid and DK.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: talonmalon333 on February 02, 2015, 07:32:43 PM
Maybe, instead of that Zelda game people have been asking them to make, Retro should revive this series as they did with Metroid and DK.
A tropical adventure game with underwater exploration, underground mazes and wacky items/humor could be something special.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

talonmalon333

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on February 02, 2015, 07:45:43 PM
Quote from: talonmalon333 on February 02, 2015, 07:32:43 PM
A tropical adventure game with underwater exploration, underground mazes and wacky items/humor could be something special.

And it's already similar enough to Zelda. So people that have been asking Retro to make a Zelda can't complain much. Meanwhile, Zelda's perfectly capable Aonuma team can continue making their games.

Avaitor

Man, I wish I had the coins for Zoda's Revenge on the Wii, but I think I've blown all of them...
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

gunswordfist

and someone needs to revive guardian legend.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: gunswordfist on February 02, 2015, 09:04:57 PM
and someone needs to revive guardian legend.
Someone needs to grab hold of Compile's back catalog. Shooter fans would jump on what they had to offer.

gunswordfist

what other games are in their library?

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: gunswordfist on February 02, 2015, 09:22:13 PM
what other games are in their library?
A LOT of shooters, I doubt I could list them all. Most of them are really good, too.

My favorite is GUN*NAC which absolutely pushed the NES to its limit for vertical shooters.

gunswordfist

talonmalon333

The Mario thread had me thinking... GBA was a perfect console for "catching up" on old games. It got ports/remakes of SMB2, SMW, SMW2, SMB3, Metroid, A Link to the Past, Final Fantasy I-VI, Contra III, and more. Plus there was the Classic NES Series where they brought direct ports of NES games to the system.

GBA was a great 16 bit console, similar in power to the SNES. And Nintendo took advantage of that fact.

Spark Of Spirit

The GBA is my favorite portable for not only having SNES/Genesis ports but for having brand new 16-bit games that could have easily been made for the systems.

gunswordfist

i actually thought it was 32 bit. also, is golden sun 3d?

anyway, i agree with talon. like i said before, it was another snes/genesis era.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: gunswordfist on February 03, 2015, 06:45:58 PM
It was 32-bit, but it specialized in 16-bit games. Shame some games like Ninja Five-O or Dragon Ball Advanced Adventure might never get re-released.

Golden Sun is prerendered like DKC or Killer Instinct.

talonmalon333

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on February 03, 2015, 06:50:33 PM
Quote from: gunswordfist on February 03, 2015, 06:45:58 PM
It was 32-bit, but it specialized in 16-bit games. Shame some games like Ninja Five-O or Dragon Ball Advanced Adventure might never get re-released.

Golden Sun is prerendered like DKC or Killer Instinct.

Speaking of DKC... what exactly went wrong when they ported those to GBA?