Cartoon Network Nostalgia Thread

Started by Avaitor, December 27, 2010, 10:38:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kiddington

Jason DeMarco confirms on Twitter; no Toonami tonight. :sadface

...but, on the bright side, it sounds like they are at least working on it, so it's only a matter of time. If I had to hazard a guess, I'd say sometime next month sounds like a good bet, depending on how much time they put into this.

Also, I missed Cartoon Planet again last night, so I can't really comment on that. Sounds like Lazlo was its usual terrible self, though, so I guess I didn't miss too much.

Spark Of Spirit

I guess the AFD thing was testing the waters.

Testing what, I don't really know. People didn't stop watching Toonami because they were sick of it, they stopped watching because of the poor line up. Same with any block. (Like how many times have they revived TGIF with a lame line up?)
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

Yeah, if they just sprinkle bumpers with Tom over episodes of Bleach and FMA, I can't say I'm too interested. I love him and all, but I can't say it's worth it to watch shows I don't care about or don't feel like rewatching just to see some new footage of him.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Rynnec

As cool as it'd be to see FMA and DRRR air with Toonami bumpers, I agree that it's best if they wait til they get more shows that they can premiere (or at least airing rights of shows that haven't aired in a while).

ToonFaithful

Quote from: Kiddington on April 07, 2012, 12:52:58 PM
Jason DeMarco confirms on Twitter; no Toonami tonight. :sadface

...but, on the bright side, it sounds like they are at least working on it, so it's only a matter of time. If I had to hazard a guess, I'd say sometime next month sounds like a good bet, depending on how much time they put into this.

Also, I missed Cartoon Planet again last night, so I can't really comment on that. Sounds like Lazlo was its usual terrible self, though, so I guess I didn't miss too much.
Not even a mention? Damn.

Another one bites the dust....

gunswordfist

Quote from: Kiddington on April 06, 2012, 06:14:56 AM
Quote from: Lord Dalek on April 05, 2012, 07:49:05 PM
Quote from: gunswordfist on April 04, 2012, 12:40:06 PM
Quote from: Lord Dalek on April 03, 2012, 06:28:10 PM
Quote from: Kiddington on April 02, 2012, 08:08:41 PM
Actually, watching DBZ the other night, I was reminded once again how much I love the Bruce Faulconer soundtrack. I'm pretty certain I'm in the minority here (I know Spark doesn't like it, anyway), and it is a replacement score, so weeaboos be damned, but some of those tracks just sound great to me. I'm still not sure if what it is, if that's just the nostalgia talking or what, but I'm not going to argue.
I'm probably going to get stoned for this, but I still like Shuki and Ron's work on the Saiyan/Namek sagas more than Faulconer's overall contributions.
Post links.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5fsDYdDwLo&feature=relmfu
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNHQVY2P1W8&feature=relmfu

Ooooh, now there's some nostalgia I haven't heard in years. Other than Rock the Dragon, I had forgotten about most of the old Ocean tracks. Those are pretty good, I'll say (another one that I'm quite fond of that you didn't post is this).

...but, overall, I still like Faulconer's score better. Just me, though.
Not bad. I didn't know they were responsible for Rock The Dragon.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Kiddington

Well, if anyone cares about this sort of thing, the ratings for Toonami are officially in.

It's a little hard to read the chart, given that they lumped in that nights broadcast with everything else from the previous week, but from what people are saying elsewhere, it sounds like it did pretty good for itself.

Probably the one highlight for me is that DBZ had almost the exact same number of viewers as Bleach. All these years later, and Goku and co. still got it. That is one show with some amazing longevity, I'll say.

Spark Of Spirit

Yu Yu Hakusho lower than Tim & Eric... Sigh.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

Quote144    SQUIDBILLIES    Thu    1:15AM- 1:30AM    15    0.6    640
145    HARVEY BIRDMAN    Sun    1:15AM- 1:30AM    15    0.5    636

THERE IS SOMETHING VERY WRONG HERE

Avaitor

It's only 15 minutes, people. You can do it.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Rosalinas Spare Wand

My friend posted this on his wall.

Anyone else see something wrong with this?

Foggle

I want to install a vomiting emoticon just so I can use it as a response to that post.

Spark Of Spirit

Dr. Insomniac

Eh, I personally think that MLP would fit right in with CN's roster. Anyone who says otherwise is being a jackass.

And yeah, the hell is with MGPIAM being there?

Rosalinas Spare Wand

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on April 10, 2012, 11:35:19 PM
My Gym Partner Is a Monkey?  :gonk:

Bingo. That and about half the shows there are from a totally different TV era if its trying to invoke nostalgia. But seriously, who the fuck will ever feel nostalgia for Gym Partner?