Super Smash Bros.

Started by Spark Of Spirit, April 28, 2012, 09:19:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kiddington

Roy is so good. Like, I can't believe it; he always felt like such a lame choice for Melee (better fighter than Marth, but eh), and I was so uninspired when they announced that he was coming back, but maaaaan.....he's just way too much fun. He's probably the first swordfighter in this game to truly pack huge power with his hits (something I've always hated about Marth; he just, feels so weak to me). Oh, he's definitely the best Fire Emblem fighter, and it's not even close.

And Lucas! My son! I dunno, IMO he's better than ever. His up-smash is absolutely nasty as hell, both PK Fire and PK Freeze feel like they've been given serious power upgrades over Brawl, and Rope Snake is actually useful now (as in really good).

Ryu is.....very interesting. I need to get some time off here and get his techniques down, because he's definitely a lot more complicated to get used to than the others I'm finding. Some of his moves are a lot of fun though, his Down + B especially.

.....and I love the stages, especially DL64. What sets the tone here is the music choices; Ice Cream Island is a great remix, but I was floored when I saw Pop Star from Crystal Shards in the mix. That's always been one of my all-time favorite (and completely underrated) Kirby themes. Good stuff all around.

Nel_Annette

Someone gifted me a points card, so I bought Bundle #2. Loving it. Lucas was my main in Brawl, so it's so good to have him back. I'm liking Roy a lot more than remember in Melee, and Ryu is an interesting one, though I never really played Street Fighter so I can't do the more advanced button combo stuff that well yet. And having Dream Land back is great. I love all the song choices they have for it. Suzaku Castle is beautiful. And I love how the DLC stages have pushed the game to the point that it needs an additional screen for the stage selection.

Miiverse. Thirty second is, a picture of dick and balls goes floating by. "Marth's Sword", it reads underneath.  ::)

Spark Of Spirit

Tourney mode update is out.

As are Peach's Castle 64 and Hyrule Castle 64! They play as well as I remember: their soundtracks are pretty good too!

Peach's Castle (64) Music List:
Peach's Castle (64) [Original]
Ground Theme (Super Mario Bros. 3) [Original]
Slide [Original]
Ground Theme (Super Mario Bros. 2) [Original]
Main Theme (Super Mario 64) [Remix]

Hyrule Castle (64) Music List:
Hyrule Castle (64) [Original]
Overworld Theme (The Legend of Zelda) [Original]
Overworld Theme (A Link to the Past) [Original]
Hyrule Field (Ocarina of Time) [Original]
Termina Field (Majora's Mask) [Original]
The Legend of Zelda Medley [Remix]

Other than Saffron City, I'm pretty good with the Smash 64 stage selection now (I mean, we've got 4 of them now) and really hope we can get some of the better Melee and Brawl stages next like Pirate Ship and Big Blue.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Nel_Annette

That was quick! So the Dr. Mario stage is next, right? And all those Mii costumes like K. Rool and Lloyd?

Spark Of Spirit

The costumes are out. The Dr. Mario stage is looking like a fake though. The stage select screen shown in the photo looks nothing like it looks in game.

By the way, you can grab the moving platform's edges now in Peach's Castle removing people's biggest gripe with it. The stage is otherwise the same: pinball city and tons of fun.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Nel_Annette

Aw, it was? Last I heard, everyone seemed to be thinking Dr. Mario was real while Great Bay was a fake.

Spark Of Spirit

Unfortunately. I was really looking forward to a Dr. Mario stage, too.

Kiddington

Those soundtracks are excellent, especially Hyrule Castle; I always loved MM's rendition of the original theme.

I need to get on this today.

Rosalinas Spare Wand

Hyrule Castle is as fun as it was years and years ago. Good times.

Spark Of Spirit

SM64 remix for those who can't hear it yet. Unfortunately no one has upped the Zelda remix.

One thing I like about the music tracks here are that they didn't go beyond Smash 64 for the tracks. They're all from the era of the original game or earlier and even the remix tracks stick to the original games the stages are originally based on. It's a nice touch.

Also nice to finally get a SMB2 track in the series. And the best one at that. I still hope we get a remix of it one day, but this is good enough for now.

Nel_Annette

Downloading now. Have to update the 3DS version first though.

Almost bought a Pac-Man Amiibo while I was getting a points card at the store. Almost.

Rosalinas Spare Wand

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on July 31, 2015, 12:24:36 PM
SM64 remix for those who can't hear it yet. Unfortunately no one has upped the Zelda remix.

One thing I like about the music tracks here are that they didn't go beyond Smash 64 for the tracks. They're all from the era of the original game or earlier and even the remix tracks stick to the original games the stages are originally based on. It's a nice touch.

Also nice to finally get a SMB2 track in the series. And the best one at that. I still hope we get a remix of it one day, but this is good enough for now.

That track was in Melee though. Pretty sure it wasn't remixed either.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Rosalinas Spare Wand on August 15, 2015, 11:38:37 AM
Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on July 31, 2015, 12:24:36 PM

That track was in Melee though. Pretty sure it wasn't remixed either.
It was the SNES version of the track, you're right.

Still, it hasn't come back since so I'm glad they used the NES version instead.

Spark Of Spirit

They added Pirate Ship to Smash Wii U with the Super Mario Maker stage. They also added Duck Hunt to the 3DS version, but whatever.

There is no doubt now that it is the best Smash game ever.

Nel_Annette

Well... that happened. If there was a leak, I wasn't spoiled by it. What a surprise.