Super Smash Bros.

Started by Spark Of Spirit, April 28, 2012, 09:19:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

Possibly, but I just thought it would have been interesting if it was something like the Inkling in the top 5 and they just couldn't find the time to build a mechanic around them in time.

Probably saving them for Smash 5. Which is what I was hoping they would have saved a character like Korrin for.  :sweat:
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Daxdiv

No Shovel Knight, no Shantae, no Jibanyan, No Layton, No Isaac, the salt mine is real. All these character people thought would get in got BTFO'd.

Corrin was the real surprise for me, hello 6 reps for Fire Emblem series, well that and Bayonetta. At least Corrin will be unique FE character like Robin is, so I'm hyped to play him.

gunswordfist

Quote from: Foggle on December 15, 2015, 06:13:22 PM
For real, though, if Bayonetta was the "most realizable character," #1 overall was probably either Banjo, Snake, or, yes, Goku.
Besides Banjo or Snake, who probably won't make it due to politics or whatever anyway, Bayonetta is the character I'd pick out of all of the ones you listed so I'm happy. :)
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Spark Of Spirit

Unfortunately, the chances of getting a new Konami rep were incredibly low. And with the current Kojima/MGS mess, Snake's return was always very unlikely. Not to mention their new-found hatred of console gaming.

Modern Konami just sucks that much.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

I wish Bomberman was in Smash.

Quote from: gunswordfist on December 15, 2015, 06:25:33 PM
For real, though, if Bayonetta was the "most realizable character," #1 overall was probably either Banjo, Snake, or, yes, Goku.
Besides Banjo or Snake, who probably won't make it due to politics or whatever anyway, Bayonetta is the character I'd pick out of all of the ones you listed so I'm happy. :)
:joy:

I'm also really happy they chose Bayonetta. She's not my favorite Platinum/Clover character, but she's easily the most recognizable, and I'm so glad there's now a rep from *other* best game development studio of all time in Smash. ;)

VLordGTZ

Yeah, my guess is that most of the top characters in the ballot were 3rd party characters, the majority of which had no chance of getting in. It also probably helps that Nintendo and Platinum have a very strong relationship right now considering that Platinum is helping Nintendo develop Project Guard and Star Fox Zero.

In any case, I'm crazy excited that Bayonetta is going to be in Smash Bros.   :shakeshakeshake:
While Corrin was definitely an unexpected choice, he seems like he'll be a fun character to play with as well.  :)

Spark Of Spirit

It just better lead to Wonder Red for Smash 5.  :swoon:

gunswordfist

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on December 15, 2015, 06:31:04 PM
Unfortunately, the chances of getting a new Konami rep were incredibly low. And with the current Kojima/MGS mess, Snake's return was always very unlikely. Not to mention their new-found hatred of console gaming.

Modern Konami just sucks that much.
Very true. Simon Belmont and Classic Ryu Hayabusa should be the absolute top candidates for Smash, imo.
Quote from: Foggle on December 15, 2015, 06:31:38 PM
I wish Bomberman was in Smash.

Quote from: gunswordfist on December 15, 2015, 06:25:33 PM
:joy:

I'm also really happy they chose Bayonetta. She's not my favorite Platinum/Clover character, but she's easily the most recognizable, and I'm so glad there's now a rep from *other* best game development studio of all time in Smash. ;)
And Bomberman should probably be third.  ;)

Bayo's probably my favorite Platinum/Clover character. She's not an absolute favorite (and I've yet to play a lot of Platinum/Clover games) but I like her.  :)

Daxdiv

In all honesty, I wouldn't mind seeing what the results of the Smash Ballot was from every region, if only just to see people vote for memes like Goku, Shrek, Corey or anything like that. That and to see if Japan did some memeshit in their ballot as well. It would be interesting to see the different taste from the various different regions Nintendo is based in.

Spark Of Spirit

So now that Smash 4 is FINALLY over, let me put out which characters I hope to see the most from Smash 5:

Ice Climbers (I shouldn't have to say this)
Wolf (ditto)
King K. Rool
Dixie Kong
Wizard Ganon (or give Ganondorf an original move set)
Vaati
Paper Mario
Fawful
Mike Jones
Starman
Wonder Red
Isaac (Golden Sun)
Takamaru
Crono (If Capcom and Sega can get two characters . . .)
Klonoa (least likely here, but I'm going to list him anyway)
Ryu Hayabusa
Simon Belmont
Bomberman

TBH, I couldn't see myself getting hyped for much else. And despite the fact that the new additions to this game were great, the only characters that really hit me in the hype zone were Mega Man, Duck Hunt, Bowser Jr/Koopalings, and Rosalina (to an extent). But that's mostly because there just aren't that many characters left that would really shock me or blow me away left out there.

gunswordfist

WTF is a Corey?

And Isaac, Knuckles, Tails, Sparkster, Billy Lee, Axel and Porky Minch to my list.

Spark Of Spirit

The only music on the Midgar stage is the normal battle music and the boss music. That's it. Those are great themes and all (actually my favorites from VII), but that's it? No remixes or anything? No FF series battle theme medley? Lame.

On the other hand, Cloud's logo is literally the FF in the Final Fantasy font which is a nice reminder that he's the Final Fantasy rep and not just for VII.

Avaitor

I'm just sad that Banjo has, like, no chance of showing up.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Daikun

Rosalinas Spare Wand

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on December 15, 2015, 08:23:19 PM
The only music on the Midgar stage is the normal battle music and the boss music. That's it. Those are great themes and all (actually my favorites from VII), but that's it? No remixes or anything? No FF series battle theme medley? Lame.

On the other hand, Cloud's logo is literally the FF in the Final Fantasy font which is a nice reminder that he's the Final Fantasy rep and not just for VII.

Sakurai said getting Cloud to begin with was a miracle so I'm pretty sure Square Enix were being really stingy with negotiations. They didn't even bother to record english lines for him.