Super Smash Bros.

Started by Spark Of Spirit, April 28, 2012, 09:19:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

Nice picks! I'm really eager to see who makes the cut next time, as there are very obvious choices that should hopefully make it. Also, General Guy needs to be a boss.

As for stages, I hope we actually get SSB64 and Melee stages this time. I didn't like that we didn't get any SSB64 stages last time.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Rynnec

They should just remake the stages from Smash 64 and put them into the 3DS game.

Considering what homebrewers are able to do with Brawl, the Wii U game should be really over-the-top in terms of stages and customization.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

In terms of obscure NES character I say they should put in Bang from Clash at Demohead. He'd totally fit in a fighting game, even if 99% of gamers wouldn't know who the fuck he is (just like how not many people knew who NES in SSB).

Eddy

I also want a return of SSB and Melee stages. And Brawl stages as well. But stop bringing back DK's levels. Maybe it's just me but he always has boring stages and they always insist on bringing an old one back. Hopefully in the next game DK finally gets a good stage.

Also, there needs to be a Bowser's Castle stage. How we've had three SSB games haven't had a Bowser's Castle stage is beyond me.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Eddy on May 01, 2012, 12:18:20 AM
I also want a return of SSB and Melee stages. And Brawl stages as well. But stop bringing back DK's levels. Maybe it's just me but he always has boring stages and they always insist on bringing an old one back. Hopefully in the next game DK finally gets a good stage.

Also, there needs to be a Bowser's Castle stage. How we've had three SSB games haven't had a Bowser's Castle stage is beyond me.
THANK YOU! The only passable one to me was the 64 one due to the barrel and the platforms. I've hated every other DK level, but the Brawl one was by far the worst. I also second Bowser's Castle. There's one in every Mario Kart, but not Smash?

Which leads me into if we get a new Sonic level (and Green Hill hopefully comes back), I hope it's a base level like the Death Egg. Or maybe like Delfino Plaza, you take a platform (Launch Base style) that takes you from Launch Base, Sky Sanctuary, Hidden Palace, and the Death Egg. There would be no better Sonic level.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Eddy

A Sonic Generations level that travels to each stage from Generations and the music changes accordingly. :swoon:

Eddy

I want a new DK level to be the Zinger Hive just for an excuse to use this music.

Spark Of Spirit

It's too bad it'll most likely be a DKCR stage. Disappointing music and all. Unless it's a Golden Temple level and has Hot Head Bop as a selectable tune.

Oh that reminds me, I hope you can set any track to any level in the new ones. Gang Plank Galleon was tied to the worst level in the last game. I never got to hear it outside my custom stages! It would have been an awesome track for the Great Sea.

Eddy

I think any of these tracks would go well with a Bower's Castle stage. Most likely remixed, of course.

Koopa's Road (Super Mario 64)
Koopa's Theme (Super Mario 64)
Ultimate Koopa (Super Mario 64)
The Ultimate King Bowser (Super Mario World)
Bowser's Castle (Mario Kart 64)
Castle (New Super Mario Bros.)
Final Battle (Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story)

This really only scratches the surface. There are plenty of possibilities for Bowser's Castle.

Nel_Annette

Considering Colors was for Nintendo only, I'd like to see a stage from that game. Like good ol' Planet Wisp.  :blush:

Rynnec

Quote from: Eddy on May 02, 2012, 09:50:53 PM
I think any of these tracks would go well with a Bower's Castle stage. Most likely remixed, of course.

Koopa's Road (Super Mario 64)
Koopa's Theme (Super Mario 64)
Ultimate Koopa (Super Mario 64)
The Ultimate King Bowser (Super Mario World)
Bowser's Castle (Mario Kart 64)
Castle (New Super Mario Bros.)
Final Battle (Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story)

This really only scratches the surface. There are plenty of possibilities for Bowser's Castle.

Bowser has the best themes songs out of any Nintendo villain, and the one they picked for Brawl was the overrated (and actually quite boring compared to his other themes) Airship theme.

Eddy

Rynnec

Oh yeah, forgot about that. Mainly because it was on Luigi's Mansion, and how can I play anything else on that stage when it has this?

Spark Of Spirit

Are we doing music wishlists now? If so...

Mario series:
Mario Kart 7 - Toad Circuit - The best new theme in MK7.
Super Mario Galaxy 2 - Yoshi Star Glaxay - It feels very Smash to me.
Super Mario 3D Land - Main Theme - A sweet remix would be nice.
Super Mario 3D Land - Beach Theme - Because.

Kirby series:
Kirby Dream Land/Superstar - Green Greens - The Melee theme is WAY too slow.
Kirby Dream Land/Superstar - Float Islands - Still the best Kirby theme.
Kirby Superstar - Candy Mountain - Yep, I'll mention it again.
Kirby Superstar - Credits - REMIX!
Return To Dreamland - Arena - I wouldn't mind this mixed with the Superstar arena theme.
Return To Dreamland - Castle Area - Personal bias.

Wario series:
Wario Land: Shake It! - Launchpad Labyrinth - This is basically Wario's theme in the game and it would make a killer theme for a Wario Land stage. If Wario Land gets proper representation this time!
Wario Land: Shake It!- Mt. Lava Lava - A funky tune, was used in trailers to promote the game. An obvious pick.
Wario Land: Shake It! - Just Plains - Okay this is a long shot, but it's awesome so I hope it's in.

Donkey Kong series:
Anything from DKC2
Donkey Kong Country 3 - Rockface Rumble (GBA) - Long shot, I know. But it's perfect for the game.

Mother series:
Mother 3 - Rock n' Roll (Spicy) - Mother 3 has great music, but this a no-brainer.
Earthbound - Pokey Means Business/Giygas Theme - The most obvious battle music. and the biggest hole in Brawl's music selection.

Punch Out! series:
Super Punch Out - Minor Circuit - A faster remix like this would make for a great Smash theme.

I'd be okay with pretty much anything else, but would particularly love any of those to make it in. I would hope we could have some music from other series like Driller Dozer or other series that probably won't get a character included.