Super Smash Bros.

Started by Spark Of Spirit, April 28, 2012, 09:19:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

Leak's real! Looks like this is going to be quite the game!
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Daxdiv

If you register both version of Super Smash Bros. you'll be eligible to get a special edition soundtrack for free. Finally Club Nintendo is doing something right.

Also, the Amiibo's are available for pre-order, I decided to get Pikachu, Villager and Wii Fit Trainer.

Nel_Annette

I want that soundtrack, damn it.  :wth: I will get that soundtrack. Gawd, I hope they'll have enough.

I was the only one of my friends excited for Shulk.  :( I was the only one who even knew what Xenoblade Chronicles was.

Kiddington

Man, I've got to be the only one here that never got into Mewtwo during the Melee days. Like yeah, I was disappointed to see him cut in Brawl just as much as anyone (I'm disappointed to see ANY character cut; new games should be expanding on the series as much as possible, not contracting), but if it came down to him or Ice Climbers, I'll take the Climbers. It'd suck to see that entire series not have any representation at all; I've always loved their stages for the uniqueness aspect.

At the very least, I hope they power Mewtwo up a bit. Unless I'm using him wrong, I thought he was one of the weakest characters..........of course, I've always been partial to Ness myself, so what the fuck do I know.  >_<

Spark Of Spirit

Well, they could have cut Ness from Brawl, after all he was awful in Melee. So why bring him back?  :sly:

Sakurai has been going on about balance for these games. He'll probably even have patches once exploits are found. I wouldn't worry about any character being awful in this game. Not for long, anyway.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Spark Of Spirit

Ha, they did a remix of SM3DL's Main Theme and Beach Theme pretty much the two new Mario tracks I wanted most and didn't think I'd get. Especially the Beach Theme.

We're a month away from release!

Spark Of Spirit

I found some at nintendolife.

QuoteSomeone provided some impressions
Peach's butt bomb is a lot stronger
Link has a costume with red markings underneath his eyes
Toon Link has the four swords colors and the old style Link color
There is no Outset Island Toon Link
Pac-Man is slow
Zelda has a white costume
Chrom appears in Robin's victory pose
Nintendo was very strict about pictures and video at the event
Olimar has an Alph alt (more leak evidence)
Fox has a Wolf palette swap
Glasses Pikachu confirmed
Fierce Deity Link confirmed
These other colors and costumes are rumored at the moment
Fire Peach is a Peach alt
Black and purple Yoshis confirmed
Pit has no black palette swap
Palutena has a Viridi color scheme
Dark Meta Knight and Galacta Knight are Meta Knight alts
Shiny Charizard is an Charziard alt
Pac-Man can wear accessories
I'm confused as to why Wolf would be a Fox alt when his moveset is fairly different.

Eddy

People are thinking Fox having Wolf colors as a confirmation he's gone and, though I'm not expecting Wolf to be back, you can't really go by a palette swap as confirmation. Mario's had a Wario color swap since the first game and I doubt Wario's going anywhere.

No Outset Island Toon Link is a missed opportunity, if you ask me.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Eddy on September 07, 2014, 09:39:12 PM
People are thinking Fox having Wolf colors as a confirmation he's gone and, though I'm not expecting Wolf to be back, you can't really go by a palette swap as confirmation. Mario's had a Wario color swap since the first game and I doubt Wario's going anywhere.

No Outset Island Toon Link is a missed opportunity, if you ask me.
If nothing else, I do expect DLC costumes to come down the pipeline. Since they're so easy to make and all.

Spark Of Spirit

People have the game early in Japan. It probably won't be too long before everything's out there now.

Rynnec

Spoiler

RIP in peace, Wolf.  :'(
[close]

Spoiler
[close]

Spark Of Spirit

Sigh, so much for Paper Mario dreams.

I'm still holding out hope for Ice Climbers to be somewhere in there.

LumRanmaYasha

Ugh, why would they take out Wolf of all characters? I really hope Ice Climbers is still in, at least.

Spark Of Spirit

Well, Falco is in. RSW should be happy. Shame they cut a character with a good moveset.

I wonder why Wolf is a trophy but not Lucas or Ice Climbers, though?