E3 (Electronic Entertainment Expo) 2012

Started by Spark Of Spirit, May 04, 2012, 06:39:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

I'm not a big fan of off-center sticks. It's one of the things I liked about the Sony gamepads over Microsoft's, as well.

Quote from: Comeau on June 03, 2012, 05:55:55 PM
I could(theoretically) use my iPhone as a TV remote(although I'd rather use an actual TV remote with push buttons), and of course to text message, so those features are useless.  I want the thing to play games, not to do things other devices already do.
Lucky for you that's what Tuesdays's conference is reserved for! would you rather this was part of that?  :-*
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on June 03, 2012, 06:01:03 PM
I'm not a big fan of off-center sticks. It's one of the things I liked about the Sony gamepads over Microsoft's, as well.

But the off-center sticks are far more comfortable to actually play. I have no idea how you can deal with those PS3 analogue sticks being so close to each other without getting annoyed by it. It also doesn't feel very smooth for me to play with, and I have played quite a bit with a PS3 controller, myself.

The off-center sticks aren't as appealing to look at, but they feel much more practical and control much smoother for playing most modern 3D games in general.

Spark Of Spirit

Here's a screen of the game help part that you can apparently look at in-game:

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on June 03, 2012, 06:07:52 PM
Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on June 03, 2012, 06:01:03 PM

But the off-center sticks are far more comfortable to actually play. I have no idea how you can deal with those PS3 analogue sticks being so close to each other without getting annoyed by it. It also doesn't feel very smooth for me to play with, and I have played quite a bit with a PS3 controller, myself.

The off-center sticks aren't as appealing to look at, but they feel much more practical and control much smoother for playing most modern 3D games in general.
Don't know how to explain it, but I have no problem with it. Honestly, I'd rather the d-pad was on top instead, as well. the 360 d-pad is just too far out for serious 2D gaming. My issue with Sony's is that the shoulder buttons are awful, but I don't have much issue with the sticks.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Nel_Annette

How dare someone else use the name of Nel.  :gonk:

Avaitor

That classic controller is just a test model, I'm calling it.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Spark Of Spirit

The world map even looked like World 5 of SMB3 (AKA the best Mario world)... Can't wait!

gunswordfist

If this means I don't have to use motion sensoring on Wii-U then I might actually play it.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Spark Of Spirit

You don't have to motion sense on most Wii games either. Most games just use it as a pointer like a mouse.

Two things... the help thing in action (I'll probably turn that offf or put it on friends only and what looks like an achievement/trophy...

Commode

Yeah, if a decent portion of Wii U games can be played with that controller, and/or the menu be navigational with it, then that would make it an easier buy.  But it's Nintendo and they love their gimmicks, so they'll push that iPad thing as much as they can, just like they did with the Wii Remote.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

gunswordfist

Just as bad, Desen
Quote from: Comeau on June 03, 2012, 05:55:55 PM
I could(theoretically) use my iPhone as a TV remote(although I'd rather use an actual TV remote with push buttons), and of course to text message, so those features are useless.  I want the thing to play games, not to do things other devices already do.
No no, Nintendo consoles only play games. You're doing it wrong.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: gunswordfist on June 03, 2012, 06:33:21 PM
Just as bad, Desen
You don't like mouses?

Here's what it looked like in motion. Looks like a background from Super Mario World.

Spark Of Spirit

Info dump!

An image of the tip posting screen.

You can also apparently take in game screenshots and post them elsewhere.

Image of remote control:

What the Miiverse looks like: (A lot like the Community thing Microsoft never delivered)

This is what the Miis consist of on your menu:

Another tip screen photo:

Keyboard:

I would use this instead:

On your phone:

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Looks nice and all, but I'm really just interested in the games. I hope that Nintendo has plenty of announcements for new games in both established and new IPs.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on June 03, 2012, 08:05:50 PM
Looks nice and all, but I'm really just interested in the games. I hope that Nintendo has plenty of announcements for new games in both established and new IPs.
That's why they did this now, so their E3 conference would be about the games.  :)

Tuesday should be great!

Kiddington

Not quite sure what to think of that controller. I get the feeling the final model won't be quite as... ahem, similar to the 360's, though.

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on June 03, 2012, 06:21:07 PM

The world map even looked like World 5 of SMB3 (AKA the best Mario world)... Can't wait!

:swoon: