Previous topic - Next topic

gunswordfist

*Looks up Castlevania Mirror Of Fate and Metal Gear 25th Anniversary*
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Rynnec

gunswordfist

"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Spark Of Spirit

Nintendo Direct E3 before the conference is dropping hardware bombs.

First we got this:

Wii-U classic controller.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Honestly, aside from the swapped placement of the 4 main buttons and the right analogue stick, that looks pretty much like the lay-out of an XBOX360 controller, or at least one of those generic game-pad controllers. The D-Pad looks better than either of those options, though, and as long as it does a good job of playing traditionally controlled games I'm fine with that design.

Commode

That can't be real, it's a redone Xbox 360 controller.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Comeau on June 03, 2012, 05:27:14 PM
That can't be real, it's a redone Xbox 360 controller.
It is, it was just live on the Direct. You can use the Wiimote, nunchuck, and all the old accessories on the Wii-U, as well.

Also showed video chat, game tips, and connection functionality.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

In that case, I'm smelling a potential lawsuit from Microsoft....just say'n....

Spark Of Spirit

The OS looks pretty nice.

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on June 03, 2012, 05:30:34 PM
In that case, I'm smelling a potential lawsuit from Microsoft....just say'n....
Better stick placement, though.  ;D

They showed a few random shots of the new 2D Mario Wii-U game. It looks like a graphically enhanced sequel to NSMBWii from what I could see.

Commode

Those trigger buttons look like they were ripped directly off a 360 controller, not to mention the shape is nearly exactly the same.  I can't believe they're going with that.  I mean, it looks comfy, much more so than the Classic Controller we have right now, but it looks totally stolen as well.

Commode

And now I'm getting 503's from GAF, fuck.

Spark Of Spirit

It'll be like that all E3, I'm sure.

Anyway, the controller seems fine to me. It'll probably feel like a Gamecube controller meets the 360 controller with better buttons. Even though I'll probably never use it.

Spark Of Spirit

Oh yeah, you can also use the Wii-U gamepad to text message and as a TV remote.

Since nobody seems to have it posted anywhere (and gaf is wheezing hard), I'm just going off the pieces I remember. Bear with me!  :)

Commode

I could(theoretically) use my iPhone as a TV remote(although I'd rather use an actual TV remote with push buttons), and of course to text message, so those features are useless.  I want the thing to play games, not to do things other devices already do.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on June 03, 2012, 05:32:51 PM
Better stick placement, though.  ;D

Is it really? I'm fine with the stick-placement on the XBOX360. Having them parallel to each other makes it look neater, but something about the way they were precisely placed on the XBOX360 controller feels more practical to me, as its much more comfortable to control than say, the analogue sticks on the PS3 controller. That may just be my own preference, though, and either way its not a big deal.

The Wii-U controller definitely has a better d-pad, though.