E3 (Electronic Entertainment Expo) 2012

Started by Spark Of Spirit, May 04, 2012, 06:39:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Foggle

Quote from: Rosalinas Spare Wand on June 05, 2012, 05:21:43 PM
The Snoop is in the Tekken Tag Tourney

This kind of cross promotion is completely nonsensical and out of place and I love it.
That was AWESOME!

Bonus Snoop Dogg stage? Are they fucking serious? Fighting game of the decade! That song better be in the game. :joy:

Foggle

More Leon gameplay. 3:15-13:15.

Definitely the best footage yet. Doesn't show much, but it looks great. The screen tearing is pretty horrible, though (but I'm sure they'll iron that out before release).

gunswordfist

Nice, Dead Space 3 will have its co-op be drop in/out and co-op will have extra (or different, not sure) paths, dialogue and cutscenes. I like that.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

gunswordfist

That Transformers game actually looked good. :shit: That looked nothing like a truck though. Is it a prequel or something, I wasn't paying attention. Hell, I might just try the game out just to make my own Transformer. Wonder if I can make my own Magic Schoolbus...
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Spark Of Spirit

I might get TTT2 for Wii-U if I'm up to it. I'm a sucker for tag fighters.

So far, the show floor has been way more interesting than anything in the conferences.

Quote from: gunswordfist on June 05, 2012, 06:24:45 PM
That Transformers game actually looked good. :shit: That looked nothing like a truck though. Is it a prequel or something, I wasn't paying attention. Hell, I might just try the game out just to make my own Transformer. Wonder if I can make my own Magic Schoolbus...
Have you played War For Cybertron, the prequel? It's a pretty cool action game. Lots of variety. Driving and standard shooting is great fun.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Spark Of Spirit

Some Wii shop news:

QuoteFans who have purchased libraries of old games will not lose their downloaded game titles when they decide to upgrade to the new system, a decision in line with how Apple?s iTunes store operates regarding digital downloads of game apps. Moffitt said that there will be a bit of restructuring of how their login IDs/accounts work with the Wii U; he told us, ?You will have an individual account based system. Each member of your family might have their own account.?

Each player will have saved gaming preferences, but it is unclear how Wii Virtual Console collections will be assigned to an account for ownership transfers on the Wii U eShop at this point. If this backwards compatibility continues through the next generation of systems, fans may never have to repurchase old games again. That may change if games are reintroduced in high definition (Wii, unlike its competitors, produced standard-definition video), but Nintendo has said nothing on that yet.
So everything is backwards compatible.

So drop those Backbone ports and get the VC versions of everything. You will have them for next gen.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on June 05, 2012, 07:12:22 PM
So drop those Backbone ports and get the VC versions of everything. You will have them for next gen.
Or the Steam versions if you have a PC gamepad. ;)

Spark Of Spirit

From the show floor:

QuoteJust came back from the show and this game is AMAZING. This and the games on Nintendoland (yes, you read right) really stood out for me as to how fun they are. P-100's games graphics have a certain "solid" quality to them thats hard to describe... its like you are playing with real life toys. What you don't see on gamepro's playthrough are the third person solo gameplay that occurs when you enter the buildings. Its just the viewtiful joe-looking hero with a behind the camera viewpoint solving the puzzle.

Needless to say, day 1. Kamiya, you viewtiful bastard.

Commode

I don't know, I don't really see anything that wows me.  Yeah, the Mario game for the Wii U looks awesome, but no way am I paying a few hundred bucks for a system just for one game(although I'm almost positive more quality games will come in the future, but who knows when that'll be). 

Maybe I'm just getting older, but the video game biz is sure getting boring. 
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Rynnec

Quote from: Rosalinas Spare Wand on June 05, 2012, 05:21:43 PM
The Snoop is in the Tekken Tag Tourney

This kind of cross promotion is completely nonsensical and out of place and I love it.

And suddenly, I'm a lot more interested in Tekken than I was before.

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Comeau on June 05, 2012, 09:03:31 PM
I don't know, I don't really see anything that wows me.  Yeah, the Mario game for the Wii U looks awesome, but no way am I paying a few hundred bucks for a system just for one game(although I'm almost positive more quality games will come in the future, but who knows when that'll be). 

Yep, if you saw the conferences you can tell where this hobby is headed. People like us that lived through every era since the revival back in the 8-bit days can see exactly what's wrong, but those who just want to play movies don't seem to care. That said, Wii-U will probably tide me over for this gen and that'll be enough. From the looks of it, even if it still doesn't get third party games we probably won't be missing all that much.

I mean, I see:

New Super Mario Bros. U (AAA platformer)
Project P-100 (New style of action game that takes off after old school arcade games)
Rayman Legends (Fast paced platformer with gorgeous 2D art)
Tank! Tank! Tank! (AN ARCADE PORT- WHEN DO WE EVEN GET THOSE ANYMORE?!?)
Pikmin 3 (Unique strategy game)
Nintendoland (Pack-in that has a ton more content than Wii Sports)

And I can tell what Wii-U will most likely succeed with over the generation, and that's pretty much the only types of stuff I'm really interested in.

Avaitor

Soul Calibur gets Link, Darth Vader and Yoda while Tekken gets Snoop fucking Doggy Dog.

This is why SC is the better Namco fighting franchise.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I honestly don't care about guest characters in fighting game. Most of them aren't really well-balanced and are just put in there to  sell a few hundred more copies to some dumb-asses who think a game is suddenly worth buying just because a character they like is featured in it.

That said, I prefer Soul Calibur to Tekken because I just have more fun with it. I don't necessarily dislike Tekken, but something about its combat system feels too clunky to me and it just doesn't feel worth investing the time to get better at it. I know its considered a more skill-based fighter which if fine, but I only play fighting games casually, for fun, and I honestly have more fun with SC than I do Tekken (same with some of the DOA games, which all hardcore fighting game fans hate, but I enjoy them because they are fun to mess around in).

Daxdiv

I'm maining Snoop God people, you can't stop me.

Rynnec

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on June 05, 2012, 09:16:34 PM
Quote from: Comeau on June 05, 2012, 09:03:31 PM

Yep, if you saw the conferences you can tell where this hobby is headed. People like us that lived through every era since the revival back in the 8-bit days can see exactly what's wrong, but those who just want to play movies don't seem to care. That said, Wii-U will probably tide me over for this gen and that'll be enough. From the looks of it, even if it still doesn't get third party games we probably won't be missing all that much.

I mean, I see:

New Super Mario Bros. U (AAA platformer)
Project P-100 (New style of action game that takes off after old school arcade games)
Rayman Legends (Fast paced platformer with gorgeous 2D art)
Tank! Tank! Tank! (AN ARCADE PORT- WHEN DO WE EVEN GET THOSE ANYMORE?!?)
Pikmin 3 (Unique strategy game)
Nintendoland (Pack-in that has a ton more content than Wii Sports)

And I can tell what Wii-U will most likely succeed with over the generation, and that's pretty much the only types of stuff I'm really interested in.

Well, if you want to get pedantic, you could say that Tatsunoko vs Capcom, and almost every non-Capcom 2D fighter that was released this gen were Arcade Ports...

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on June 05, 2012, 09:26:52 PM
I honestly don't care about guest characters in fighting game. Most of them aren't really well-balanced and are just put in there to  sell a few hundred more copies to some dumb-asses who think a game is suddenly worth buying just because a character they like is featured in it.

That said, I prefer Soul Calibur to Tekken because I just have more fun with it. I don't necessarily dislike Tekken, but something about its combat system feels too clunky to me and it just doesn't feel worth investing the time to get better at it. I know its considered a more skill-based fighter which if fine, but I only play fighting games casually, for fun, and I honestly have more fun with SC than I do Tekken (same with some of the DOA games, which all hardcore fighting game fans hate, but I enjoy them because they are fun to mess around in).

The main problem with the recent SC games is that they were obviously rushed to the market because Namco seemed to care more about satisfying the tourney-fags than releasing a complete, polished, game.