"Batman Begins" Talkback (Spoilers)

Started by Lord Dalek, July 16, 2012, 08:10:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: Avaitor on July 19, 2012, 07:10:48 PM
This is why we should just let EK take on GSF.

I don't take GSF seriously enough to care about sustaining an argument with him, though.

Dr. Insomniac

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on July 19, 2012, 07:28:50 PM
I say if Insommy ever brings up Gummo again he gets permabanned.
Somebody does not appreciate true art! *twirls mustache*

gunswordfist

I 2nd this.
Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on July 19, 2012, 07:33:53 PM
Quote from: Avaitor on July 19, 2012, 07:10:48 PM
This is why we should just let EK take on GSF.

I don't take GSF seriously enough to care about sustaining an argument with him, though.
Oh so you give up because you have a short attention span? Also, 300 is better than X2 and X2 is worse than X3 and Wolverine Origins. ;)
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Avaitor

Seriously, when was the last time you saw X2?
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

talonmalon333

Someone should just beat the crap out of GSF and get it over with.

Foggle

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on July 19, 2012, 07:37:12 PM
Somebody does not appreciate true art! *twirls mustache*
Agreed. Gummo is second only to Melancholie der Engel and possibly Trash Humpers as the greatest film of our time.

Lord Dalek

Wot? No Julian Donkey Boy and Brown Bunny love?

talonmalon333

By the way, can someone explain to me what so many people's issues are with Katie Holmes in this movie? Loads of people seem to think she was terrible and they hate her. I never saw any of these problems. I mean, her performance wasn't amazing or anything, but you'd be hard-pressed to convinced me that it was really meant to. Rachel is a pretty small part, after all. :P

If anything, I'd rather she have come back for The Dark Knight, because changing actors/actresses in a single series always breaks some of the character connection for me.

gunswordfist

Quote from: Avaitor on July 19, 2012, 07:51:58 PM
Seriously, when was the last time you saw X2?
Still using the, "Meh, opinion doesn't count because I haven't seen it in years argument?" It's been years but I've seen it multiple times. Now tell me how Jean Grey, Cyclops, Iceman, Rogue, Mystique, Storm and Pyro got good character development because I remember them getting jack squat in that department while only Xavier, Magneto and Wolverine were the only ones that did. Or I may be wrong about them too. :light:

gunswordfist

Quote from: talonmalon333 on July 22, 2012, 11:06:50 PM
By the way, can someone explain to me what so many people's issues are with Katie Holmes in this movie? Loads of people seem to think she was terrible and they hate her. I never saw any of these problems. I mean, her performance wasn't amazing or anything, but you'd be hard-pressed to convinced me that it was really meant to. Rachel is a pretty small part, after all. :P

If anything, I'd rather she have come back for The Dark Knight, because changing actors/actresses in a single series always breaks some of the character connection for me.
Katie Holmes was a zombie in the movie. Her performance was as dry as her ex-husband's in War of the Worlds.

By the time TDK came around and the roles changed, I stopped caring for the character. Maggie did add a bit more life to Rachel but Batman's main love interest is dull dull dull.

talonmalon333

Quote from: gunswordfist on August 15, 2012, 02:35:56 PM
Quote from: talonmalon333 on July 22, 2012, 11:06:50 PM

Katie Holmes was a zombie in the movie. Her performance was as dry as her ex-husband's in War of the Worlds.

By the time TDK came around and the roles changed, I stopped caring for the character. Maggie did add a bit more life to Rachel but Batman's main love interest is dull dull dull.

That's what everyone says. And no one actually says why. Like I said before, Rachel isn't really a big part, so I don't see why people were expecting to be blown away by Katie Holmes.

gunswordfist

I just wish Batman got an interesting love interest in that movie or not one at all. Her scenes adding little to nothing to the movie.

Foggle

Just watched this again. (Will hopefully get to see TDK tomorrow.) Thought it was a damn good film, myself. I probably like it more than anyone else here (except gsf, I guess).

talonmalon333

Quote from: Foggle on August 26, 2012, 08:36:18 PM
Just watched this again. (Will hopefully get to see TDK tomorrow.) Thought it was a damn good film, myself. I probably like it more than anyone else here (except gsf, I guess).

And me, probably. I might be the only one here who might like this better than TDKR.

gunswordfist