The Next Gen Thread

Started by Spark Of Spirit, August 15, 2012, 09:51:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

Oh, no it had nothing to do with transfers. See, I was an idiot and didn't check my disc drive first out of the box. I did all the updating and online stuff first THEN tried the disc.

Word of warning, don't be stupid like your ol' pal Spark and try your GAMES out first on your video GAME system.  :sweat:
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Rynnec

Gotcha! Now I can go back to just being extra careful. ;)

Speaking of transfers, do you need a clean SD card with nothing saved on it, or will an already in use 2.0gb SD card do?

Spark Of Spirit

I used my SD card that already had a ton of stuff on it (including my unusable VC/WiiWare stuff) and the transfer still fit on my SD card. So yeah, it doesn't need to be blank for it to work.

I also recommend you do the transfer because of something really cool that happens on screen.  ;D
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Daxdiv

As long as you have 512 MB of data free on your SD card, your SD card is golden for use.

The only problem I had with that was just running up and down my stairs since I decided to hook up my WiiU to my HD TV downstairs while my Wii was still upstairs. Still was worth it, especially with the transfer animation. Still think it's pretty cute.

Rynnec

Just got done transferring my data!  ;D The transfer animation is exactly why Nintendo is superior to Microsoft and Sony when it comes to aesthetics.

Turned on my Wii just to see what it looks like now. Seeing everything so barren just felt weird.

gunswordfist

The hell? Until like 10 minutes ago, I didn't know the Wii-U has been out for a week.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

gunswordfist

Is does Wii HD have backwards compatibility?

Commode

Yes, with the Wii.  No GameCube support though, but even the Wii's that are currently on the market lack GC support.

Also, has anyone seen the new Wii Mini that they are releasing in Canada?  It looks like a Pizza Hut box, one of the ones that you get personal pan pizzas in.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

gunswordfist

What? Tha's half the reason why I wanted a Wii.

Commode

Well, you better find an older model.  You might get lucky and find one in stores, just don't buy the ones that lay down flat and don't have a stand and you should be fine.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

talonmalon333

Quote from: gunswordfist on November 27, 2012, 06:31:46 AM
Is does Wii HD have backwards compatibility?

No. But the Wii U does.

Foggle

Avaitor

I forget, are they going to add Gamecube games to the Wii U's VC or not?
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

gunswordfist

I said that to purposely piss you off. :thinkin:

talonmalon333