What Are You Currently Playing? 5.05: You Are (Not) A Gamer

Started by Avaitor, August 30, 2012, 09:19:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grave

From my understanding Hakumen is like the Gouken of BB (defensive/counter crazy). I can probably get used it, but I'm leaning more and more towards Jin and Hazama. I've read at Dustloop that Hazama is very difficult to use mainly because of his movement, but because he's so stylish really makes me want to use him (and Terumi Yuuki eventually when CP comes out), but I suppose I should get used to the game first before going straight to him.

Quote from: RynnecSol, Slayer, and Johnny are easily the coolest characters in all of Guilty Gear. In character, playstyle, and music.

I never thought much of Slayer (gotta listen to his track now that you mention it) mainly because I never seen him played at a high level. I suppose he could be like Dudley. The classy guy. But Sol and Johnny, definitely.

Nel_Annette

Assassin's Creed IV: Nel Can't Pirate For Shit Edition.

Seriously, Ubisoft, can we get this shit out of this series? Just go make a pirate game already. :<

Foggle

IIRC it was originally intended as a completely separate pirate game, then UbiSoft fired the guy in charge of it and rebranded it as an Assassin's Creed title.

Nel_Annette

Spark Of Spirit

They should use Red Steel 2's engine and throw it in a pirate setting.

Just because.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Daxdiv

So... am I OK with giving up on the series after AC:3?

Nel_Annette

Quote from: Daxdiv on November 01, 2013, 04:11:12 PM
So... am I OK with giving up on the series after AC:3?

It's a weird thing. The story, Edward's character, and anything you can do on land are so far just as fun as anything I did in AC2 and Brotherhood. But the fucking sail combat and just the boats in general. I hate it so much. It's a massive annoyance in what is otherwise a good game.

And you know what I spend most of my time doing? Optional assassination contracts. Because they're fun. Because they're what this series should be about. You take the contract, find the area on the map where the Templar is, survey the area while hiding, take your route while picking off anybody in the way, kill the guy and make your grand escape. And you don't have to sneak in, you can run in like a mad man if you want. I love it. It's like a streamlined version of the first game's missions. This is what the series should focus on.

I don't even care about the present day storyline anymore. They fucked that up at the end of AC3, and I already spoiled myself on the big twist in this one, and it's meh. I hope when we get around to AC5 on next gen that we're back to big sprawling cities and countrysides. And maybe do something way different and have it be in Asia or something.

Spark Of Spirit

AC5 will still be on current consoles, if Ubisoft's track record is anything to go by. Though it may get a next-gen port it'll only look prettier.

I suspect Activision will do the same with COD for the next few games as well.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I'm still kind of baffled that AC4 is out so soon after the 3rd game, which wasn't released that long ago. It looks like Ubisoft's business strategy is to churn out sequels to a popular series as fast as possible until they milk it for all its worth.

That said, I don't care about the AC games so that doesn't really affect me. I am bummed out about how long it takes for new games to come out in just about any series that I am a fan of, though. And usually when they do come out, they seem to have at least some flaws that keep me from completely enjoying them. Maybe I just have shit luck that way. :-\

Foggle

Like I said before, I'm pretty sure AC4 was actually supposed to be another game initially. I think it was in development for as long as or longer than AC3. Don't remember where I read that though, so take this with a grain of salt.

Nel_Annette

And Liberation HD in a few months. I never played the Vita game, so it's like getting two new AC games in a matter of months to me.

Spark Of Spirit

I've been playing Super Castlevania IV on Wii-U VC. I took a break at stage 3. Still a classic.

gunswordfist

I got to The City Of Gold on Spelunky for the 3rd time ever, I believe. I finally got the Book Of The Dead. I got to the golden head boss for the first time with the book in my inventory and went on to kill Anubis II. Then some red bird mask guy killed me...
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

gunswordfist

Two days ago, I got to The City Of Gold and then Olmec again. I did pretty good for not having a Jet Pack or climbing glove but still died.

gunswordfist

That Super Puzzle Fighter HD demo sure is addictive! I still have the music stuck in my head.