What Are You Currently Playing? 5.05: You Are (Not) A Gamer

Started by Avaitor, August 30, 2012, 09:19:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avaitor

Well I meant the Virtual Console on the plain-old Wii. I still don't have a Wii-U. I want this to be the first console that I buy with my own money, but this hasn't been able to happen, so I'm stuck with my regular Wii for now.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Spark Of Spirit

No, the service is identical, it probably won't cost much to keep it on both systems. The DSiWare stuff is still available on the DSi, so I'm sure it'll be the same here.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Commode

I assume that it'll stick around for a few years(I mean, Xbox Live for the Xbox stuck around until 2010), at least until all the games on the Wii VC are available on the Wii U VC. 
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Avaitor

Well, I used some of my VC points on Shinobi III. I still have 1300, and I think I'm going to see if I can get a card or two that can still be used on the Wii before it's too late and try to get some more games.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Spark Of Spirit

The new Phoenix Wright. I finished the first case.

This one really came firing out of the gate. I'm eager to see how the rest of it goes.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

talonmalon333

I'm taking another shot at Castlevania III. I still haven't beaten this one. I made it to the final level a long time ago but just couldn't beat the final boss under those brutal conditions. So now I'm starting from the beginning and trying again.

Grave

Playing more SSF4 of course. Doing a bit of training with Yun. Got some of his basic combos down. For the most part his links are pretty simple to hit, but it's more about getting the timing down. Also been watching videos of Kazunoko playing Yun. That guy is sick.

Also been watching videos of the new BlazBlue. I've grown quite fond of this game mainly because of characters like Terumi Yuuki and Hakumen.

Spark Of Spirit

Finished case 2 and am going on case 3.

So far this really makes up for how disappointing the DS Apollo Justice game was. Blackquill might be the best prosecutor since Edgeworth.

gunswordfist

I beat Halo 3 for the first time about 30 minutes ago. I officially hate the Flood....
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Spark Of Spirit

gunswordfist

We have tshirts.

I had no complaints...until High Charity. The last two missions are like a bad alternate ending for a movie. 

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I actually liked the last mission because it gave you a shit ton of powerful weapons to fight The Flood with. I beat that mission on Legendary and it actually felt challenging in a good way. Cortana, on the other hand, is the 2nd worst Halo level ever.

I also didn't find The Flood to be a bad enemy type in Combat Evolved, save for The Library. In the rest of the game, they were used right. In their intro level, they didn't have any weapons. In everything after The Library, you also had The Covenant and Sentinels fighting them, so you rarely had to fight long gauntlets of them by yourself.

Halo 2 easily has the worst use of The Flood. In that game they are just plain cheap.

gunswordfist

I might have to replay that level because I was just plain sick of them after Cortana. I did love the final Warthog sequence because I got to run them over. :sly:

Grave

I've yet to experience ODST's last mission, but I've actually enjoyed most of, if not all of Halo's final missions mainly because you're driving, and they always felt pretty epic to me (or are we talking prior to them?). Halo 3 standing out the most since the floor falls. Reach had a great final mission, although it could be sad depending on how you took to the Noble team (and I like them a lot)

Anyway, with Ultra SF4 being a ways off I'm gonna start getting a bit more into the technical fighters starting with King of Fighters 13 and BlazBlue:Continnum Shift Extend.

I originally said that in KoF13 that I'll be playing using Terry, Kyo, and K'/Iori, but I think I'm gonna skip over Terry and go right to Shen. That guy hit's like a tank lol, not mention I can sorta get a kick out of that one punch he does. Talk about a fighting game that's gonna make me feel good (This game just has so much style and swag to it lol). I do wonder about the netcode though. If some matches are playable then I guess I'll get online with it, but for the most part I may end up being a training mode monster.

BB:CSE on the other hand, I originally said I'll be using Hakumen, but I'm actually getting a bit more conflicted about what character I want to use. Jin, Ragna and Hazama looks pretty fun and solid to use along with Hakumen. And then I saw some character that turns into a wolf (the video I saw, the player had some insane pressure) so I'm considering him as well.

And then there's Guilty Gear XX: AC+ of course. But I'm still waiting for +R. Johnny's still gonna be the main character I use in that game. He's gotta be the coolest character in a fighting game ever. Originally I thought that belong to Guy, but Johnny is definitely that character. The way he walks, and the way he fights has badass written all over him. In a sense, he's what Dante is to DMC. When people say badass, you'd usually think Dante. I wouldn't argue if people brought Johnny's name into that equation (or Sol for that matter)

Rynnec

Ragna, Jin, Makoto, and Valkenhayn are the most straightforward characters in CSE in that order. Hakumen's a bit more difficult to use, but is awesome once you get used to how different he is compared to the other characters. And Hazama is really difficult to use properly, but he's stylish as hell.

Quote from: GraveAnd then there's Guilty Gear XX: AC+ of course. But I'm still waiting for +R. Johnny's still gonna be the main character I use in that game. He's gotta be the coolest character in a fighting game ever. Originally I thought that belong to Guy, but Johnny is definitely that character. The way he walks, and the way he fights has badass written all over him. In a sense, he's what Dante is to DMC. When people say badass, you'd usually think Dante. I wouldn't argue if people brought Johnny's name into that equation (or Sol for that matter)

Sol, Slayer, and Johnny are easily the coolest characters in all of Guilty Gear. In character, playstyle, and music. :thumbup: