What Are You Currently Playing? 5.05: You Are (Not) A Gamer

Started by Avaitor, August 30, 2012, 09:19:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kiddington

The original Donkey Kong Country is a nasty game to try and beat 100% (I've beaten it "normally" plenty of times up to this point, but this is my first real stab at trying to find everything). I'm steadily convinced that some of these bonus rooms don't actually exist at all.

Quote from: Avaitor on April 13, 2013, 02:00:25 PM
Gamestop is doing a 50% off sale for some of their cheaper used games. For less than $2.50, I got Blast Works and Link's Crossbow Training. Not bad.

Yeah, too bad most of the stores around here don't have squat for selection anymore. Only thing decent I could find on my last trip was Trauma Center: Second Opinion for $5.

It amazes me how quickly that company is to phase out anything and everything that's over five years old. The majority of stores don't even carry DS games anymore (save for a few junk shovelware titles that don't even come with cases, and I'm sure that's only because they can't get rid of them), and that system isn't even dead!

Avaitor

Mine isn't THAT bad. They still have Gamecube games, but behind the desk and you have to ask for them. Which reminds me, I still have to pick up their copy of Sonic Gems Collection while they still have it.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Kiddington

Yeah, but are they decent GameCube games? Mine still has a few as well, but it's mostly just junk like NCAA Football 2006 or stuff of that ilk. Nothing that's actually worth owning.

Their Wii selection is still decent enough (if a tad overpriced), so I can give them a pass on that... but I was really disappointed with their DS selection. And this isn't just one store, either; this is the trend in the area. I've been to at least four, and they're all about the same.

Avaitor

Besides Sonic Gems, that's how I picked up my more recent copy of Mega Collection, since I traded off my original, and they had some of the Gamecube Resident Evil games, as well as $3 Viewtiful Joe, which I also definitely need to get if they still have it. I can't recall what else though.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Kiddington

Quote from: Avaitor on April 14, 2013, 11:12:02 PM
Besides Sonic Gems, that's how I picked up my more recent copy of Mega Collection, since I traded off my original, and they had some of the Gamecube Resident Evil games, as well as $3 Viewtiful Joe, which I also definitely need to get if they still have it. I can't recall what else though.

:wth:

Man, I don't even. This town sucks.

Rynnec

Mine still carries DS games, but a majority of them are used and don't even come in boxes. They also stopped carrying Gamecube and PS2 games.

Quote from: Avaitor on April 13, 2013, 02:00:25 PM
Gamestop is doing a 50% off sale for some of their cheaper used games. For less than $2.50, I got Blast Works and Link's Crossbow Training. Not bad.

I went there yesterday to see what they had. The only game that caught my eye that I didn't already have was Red Steel 2, unfortunately it didn't come in its case, so I bought Wario Land Shake It instead.

Avaitor

Damn, Red Steel 2 and Shake It? I would've definitely got those.

I just went to the GameStop at the mall. I'll have to go to the one by my campus between exams tomorrow.

New blog!

Nel_Annette

Finally beat Red Dead Redemption tonight. Overall, I loved the story and the characters, and I think the desert looks gorgeous, but the game itself is an absolute bore to play. None of the missions were really fun, mechanics like taming horses or herding cattle or dueling or aiming suck, and trying to get all the extras is a complete chore, so I suppose I'm not coming back to it. Might do Undead Nightmare somewhere down the line. Game took me six months to beat.

Next for the X-Box 360, I'll finally be getting around to Final Fantasy XIII. The Legend Of Zelda: Skyward Sword is still sitting in the Wii. Also thinking of starting Riviera for PSP and Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Ring Of Fates for the DS. Gotta chug through this backlog before I get a Wii U or a PS4. That's my task for myself.

Foggle

Quote from: Nel_Annette on April 18, 2013, 11:41:43 PM
Finally beat Red Dead Redemption tonight. Overall, I loved the story and the characters, and I think the desert looks gorgeous, but the game itself is an absolute bore to play. None of the missions were really fun, mechanics like taming horses or herding cattle or dueling or aiming suck, and trying to get all the extras is a complete chore, so I suppose I'm not coming back to it.
I felt much the same way. I enjoyed messing around in the game, hunting bounties and stuff like that, but I didn't really care for the main story stuff outside of the writing.

Nel_Annette

I'm actually happy to see that I'm not alone, Foggle. Everywhere I've gone has been nothing but praise for the game, and while I can see why others would give it such praises, it just didn't do it for me. Mexico especially dragged on too long for me. Though I truly love that song "Far Away" that plays when you're riding around there for the first time. This game does atmosphere quite well.

Storywise, it'd make for a kickass trilogy of movies, I think.

Have they said what the sequel would be about yet? I'd love to see
Spoiler
Jack sort out his life, and maybe put down Abraham Reyes' punkass in the process. Seriously, the way Reyes went on, you knew he was going to end up no better than the people he was trying to overthrow. Poor, stupid Luisa.
[close]

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I'm pretty sure that I've always said that this game is insanely overrated. Though, keep in mind, I'm not really much of a fan of Rockstar games or sandbox games to begin with.

Foggle

Playing The Knife Of Dunwall has made me remember how much I love Dishonored. The first level alone took me 2 hours, and I didn't even find/do everything in it! Excellent DLC for what is easily one of last year's best games.

Nel_Annette

Since I don't have a Wii U yet, I'm playing the Lego City Undercover prequel on the 3DS to tide me over. Clearly not as good as the Wii U game, but till very fun to play in its own right. :)

If this franchise continues to be as popular as it is, and with Nintendo being the publisher, do you think there's a chance they'd put Chase McCain in the next Smash Bros.? Maybe as a cameo assist? Stranger things have happened.

Rynnec

I'd rather have a Bionicle character if they were going to put anything Lego in SSB, but of course that will never happen. :imnothappy:

Avaitor

Speaking of the Wii-U, I found a few games for it at a pawn shop for $25, including the newest Mario game and Nintendoland. If I had the money and any prospects of getting a Wii-U, I'd hit those up.

New blog!