What Are You Currently Playing? 5.05: You Are (Not) A Gamer

Started by Avaitor, August 30, 2012, 09:19:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Oh yeah, now I remember what it was. The item I got from that room was called the silver ring. Its description is very odd so it mus be a clue of some sort. I have no idea what the other item is, though.

talonmalon333

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on October 31, 2012, 11:24:33 AM
Oh yeah, now I remember what it was. The item I got from that room was called the silver ring. Its description is very odd so it mus be a clue of some sort. I have no idea what the other item is, though.

You should have another item similar to the silver ring. If I remember correctly, they both have hints.

Spark Of Spirit

Use the glasses on Richter and fight a much different boss fight.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

OK, I finally remembered where and what I needed to advance in Castlevania SOTN today. I went to the Underground Caverns, cleared most of it and the went to the upper level area with the bells and beat the bosses in both places.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

In terms of where you are in the game right now, is that in the context of the regular castle or the inverted castle?

Speaking of which, I did unlock the inverted castle and I have to say that I'm impressed at how many surprises this game can throw at me. I was kind of expecting a rehash of the regular castle except with slightly harder enemies and some different items in an upside down castle. What I've gotten so far is an entirely new set of enemies, bosses, and items and the challenge level has increase as well with enemies being a lot more powerful than before in relation to my current level, and I really have to appreciate the level design of this game a lot more seeing how despite the castle being completely inverted it still feels extremely smooth to navigate. I just have to get used to having barely and map on screen until I explore more of the castle again. At least this time I do kind of know where I'm going as its not too hard to tell as long as long as I remember the placement of all of the rooms in the regular castle and just picture it upside down. ;)

gunswordfist

I'm in the normal castle. I remembered where to get the Jewel of Open and went from there. I believe I had a hard time remembering since it's been so long since I came back to this point. It's like my fourth time restarting.

Anyway, I love that you get to go to and choose from two different areas at this point. I never really appreciated that before. Oh and did I mention that I LOVE Undeground Cavern's music yet? Crystal Teardrop is my favorite theme in the game.

talonmalon333

I might actually like the inverted castle more. I've heard it get called "padding" before, but it feels so different, and truthfully, there were times where I forgot where exactly I was in it, even though I had just gotten through the normal castle. So it still has that sense of mystery, but with more challenge. As much as I liked the normal castle, it was far, far too easy for my Castlevania liking. And though the inverted castle isn't nearly as hard as the classics, it's an improvement.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: gunswordfist on November 01, 2012, 08:59:39 PM
Oh and did I mention that I LOVE Undeground Cavern's music yet? Crystal Teardrop is my favorite theme in the game.

Yeah, the music in this game is great. My personal favorite track so far is the Clock Tower music. That one's just rock'n yet also miraculously manages to fit in with the tone and theme of a Castlevania game.

talonmalon333

My favorite track is this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GnowKz1ZfPA

SotN has to have the best soundtrack in the entire series, and that's saying something considering previous Castlevania soundtracks. There's not a single song in the game that I don't like.

Foggle

Got a chance to play the Sly 4 demo at my friend's place. Man... if the whole game is like that, it might just be a contender for my GOTY of next year.

gunswordfist

Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on November 01, 2012, 10:36:10 PM
Quote from: gunswordfist on November 01, 2012, 08:59:39 PM
Oh and did I mention that I LOVE Undeground Cavern's music yet? Crystal Teardrop is my favorite theme in the game.

Yeah, the music in this game is great. My personal favorite track so far is the Clock Tower music. That one's just rock'n yet also miraculously manages to fit in with the tone and theme of a Castlevania game.
That music rocks. Too bad it's in the most annoying part of the game. :D Did you find the secret area in that place?

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Its not that hard in the regular castle. Now, playing through that section in the inverted castle is a real bitch.

By secret area, do you mean the room that opens after you hit those gears on the wall to get them moving again?

gunswordfist

Quote from: Foggle on November 02, 2012, 01:55:12 AM
Got a chance to play the Sly 4 demo at my friend's place. Man... if the whole game is like that, it might just be a contender for my GOTY of next year.
I need to download that on my brother's PS3. I also need to play Crysis 2, finish Sonic Generations (ugh), start Tools Of Destruction and finish Rayman Origins with him.
Quote from: Ensatsu-ken on November 02, 2012, 06:30:21 AM
Its not that hard in the regular castle. Now, playing through that section in the inverted castle is a real bitch.

By secret area, do you mean the room that opens after you hit those gears on the wall to get them moving again?
Those Medusa bitches are annoying. :burn:

Yeah, that secret area. Also, the flying sword enemies rare drop a great throwing sword weapon. I got it once but then died before I could save "FUCK YOU, CLOCK TOWER! FUCK YOU!!!" and I tried to get it again for like hours to no avail. U

Foggle

Quote from: gunswordfist on November 02, 2012, 06:37:35 AM
I need to download that on my brother's PS3.
You need a copy of Ratchet & Clank HD Collection to play it, I believe. That's why I had to check it out at my friend's house. :(

Spark Of Spirit

Did someone say SOTN has the best Castlevania soundtrack? Man, it's good, but compared to most of the classic games it isn't quite there.

Quote from: Foggle on November 02, 2012, 01:55:12 AM
That's what I've been seeing. They keep saying it's based on 2 and 3, but that's not what I see.

The game has the hub world like 1 only huge with optional missions like 2, yet has entrances to platformer levels like the first game hte break off the main hub where the main action happens. It's weird that Sanzaru might completely upstage Suckerpunch with this game, but so far it seems quite possible.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton