What Are You Currently Playing? 5.05: You Are (Not) A Gamer

Started by Avaitor, August 30, 2012, 09:19:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Foggle on December 04, 2012, 08:19:09 PM
Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on December 04, 2012, 07:54:43 PM
I wonder if they'll ever make a new PoP game?
The reboot was basically Free Achievements: The Game - Impossible To Lose Edition, so I hope it's more like the Sands of Time trilogy (quadrilogy?).
I'm still considering the Wii version of Forgotten Sands since it's apparently better than the HD version, but I never quite got the excuse to get into the series.

I would hate to try the game, find out I enjoy it, then have no new games come out.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on December 04, 2012, 09:09:33 PM
I'm still considering the Wii version of Forgotten Sands since it's apparently better than the HD version, but I never quite got the excuse to get into the series.

I would hate to try the game, find out I enjoy it, then have no new games come out.
It's an interquel and the storyline ends in The Two Thrones, so it's not like it'd be a bad thing if you got into the series.

Spark Of Spirit

Is that the angst game or is that the third one? I only really know about the first one.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on December 04, 2012, 09:26:38 PM
Is that the angst game or is that the third one? I only really know about the first one.
Two Thrones is the story's conclusion. Warrior Within is the edgy one with the Godsmack soundtrack.

They're all fun action-adventure games with awesome writing, though of course WW kind of fails in the latter regard.

Jay L. Corbell

Currently have too many newly-aquired games to pick one to play, but HOPEFULLY GONNA BE PLAYING SKIES OF ARCADIA WITH FOGGLE SOON, RIGHT?

RIGHT?

..right?

:'c

Also ouch, my wallet. 

Foggle

Quote from: Jay L. Corbell on December 04, 2012, 11:35:17 PM
HOPEFULLY GONNA BE PLAYING SKIES OF ARCADIA WITH FOGGLE SOON, RIGHT?

RIGHT?

..right?
Oh yeah. My body is ready.

gunswordfist

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on December 04, 2012, 09:09:33 PM
Quote from: Foggle on December 04, 2012, 08:19:09 PM
Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on December 04, 2012, 07:54:43 PM
I wonder if they'll ever make a new PoP game?
The reboot was basically Free Achievements: The Game - Impossible To Lose Edition, so I hope it's more like the Sands of Time trilogy (quadrilogy?).

Not playing a game just because it has no sequels is just silly.

Does anyone know if Earthworm Jim HD is any good?
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

talonmalon333

What do you guys think of Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes?

Foggle

The improved graphics are great and some of the redone cutscenes are hilarious, but the addition of MGS 2 gameplay mechanics makes it far too easy and the new voice acting isn't nearly as good.

talonmalon333

Quote from: Foggle on December 14, 2012, 12:52:21 PM
The improved graphics are great and some of the redone cutscenes are hilarious, but the addition of MGS 2 gameplay mechanics makes it far too easy and the new voice acting isn't nearly as good.

At the same time, the advancements made in MGS2 and so on, might make it hard to go back to the original MGS1 for some.

Spark Of Spirit

The voice acting was downgraded, the game breaks MGS1 gameplay by using the MGS2 engine (which it was not built for), and Kojima tried his hardest to make everything less serious and more tongue in cheek which ruins the atmosphere the original game had.

I didn't like it.

Foggle

Kojima had almost nothing to do with Twin Snakes iirc.

Spark Of Spirit

I heard that he was responsible for the tone shift from the original (since he wanted it to match MGS2) and using the MGS2 mechanics. If nothing else, I still don't care for those decisions... whoever made them.

gunswordfist

"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Dr. Ensatsu-ken