What Are You Currently Playing? 5.05: You Are (Not) A Gamer

Started by Avaitor, August 30, 2012, 09:19:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

From what I heard they severely gimped the stealth sections and changed some level design for the worse by making it more about typical COD shooting.

It's also still at full price somehow while the Wii version is not despite the Wii version not bombing.

I really don't get Activision.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

talonmalon333

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on March 13, 2013, 06:44:45 PM
From what I heard they severely gimped the stealth sections and changed some level design for the worse by making it more about typical COD shooting.

It's also still at full price somehow while the Wii version is not despite the Wii version not bombing.

I really don't get Activision.

I heard the Wii version bombed, too. :P

Spark Of Spirit

"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

talonmalon333

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on March 13, 2013, 08:42:00 PM
It sold well.

That depends on your definition of well. According to VG Charts, it sold 1.74 million. When compared to the original, which sold 8.09 million, I get the feeling Activision's attempt to bank on the GoldenEye name maybe didn't get the results they hoped for.

Course, that has nothing to do with what I personally think of the game. I like it, but not as much as the original.

Spark Of Spirit

I wouldn't trust VG Chartz for numbers, they frequently make them up.

Nonetheless, Activision said it did decently which probably indicates it did decently. The HD version was an outright bomb, though.

I like the newer game more than the N64 game.

Rosalinas Spare Wand

So I bought Double Dragon Neon a few days ago.

it's like I'm really back in the 80s. I get a sick kick out of punching and throwing people too.

Spark Of Spirit

That Stage 2 theme was the topper for me. Pure 80s without being obnoxious about it.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I played the Streets of Rage 2 demo. That really brings me back to good times. I remember when my brother, my cousin, and I used to take turns playing through that game back in the day (since it was only 2 players, whenever someone died we had to switch out to the person who wasn't playing before). Ah, good times.

I think I'll be getting the trilogy off of XBLA pretty soon. I especially love playing it with my fight-pad since that controller really reminds me of the 6-button Sega Genesis controller (my favorite controller for 2D gaming, personally), so it makes the experience of playing SOR feel all the more authentic to me.

gunswordfist

I want SVC: Streets Of Rage even though I have all of the SORs on SUGC because I would love to play the Japanese version of Streets Of Rage 3 on my console. It's such a fun game.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Kiddington

Sin and Punishment 2 is pretty cheap on Amazon right now. Some copies as low as $7 brand new.

Worth picking up? I don't know much about this franchise (never played the original, and yes I am aware it's on the VC), so I'm not quite sure what to expect.

Spark Of Spirit

It's like Star Fox only with pointer aiming and an incomprehensible story. It's well worth picking up if you enjoy games like that since it is probably the best game like it since Star Fox 64.

Kiddington

Yeah, I think I'll go for it. I mean, for that price, you really can't go wrong, and my Wii collection has been pretty stagnant lately.

Probably should get around to buying the original while I'm at it. I hardly have anything on the VC as it is (I've always been such a stickler for owning games on their original console if possible, although in this case, that isn't an option).

Spark Of Spirit

Lego City Undercover is quite a fun open world game. I've never really played a Lego game before, but I'm quite enjoying it. The load times could be better, though.

It's very funny, too.

No-Personality

Replayed - and beat - Donkey Kong Country. Because I really don't play many games.
Well, I got so burned out on the road
Too many fags, too much blow
And then Mick and I split up and I said,
"Kid, it's time to take a little bit of a hiatus."
So I got myself a gig at the coffee shop
and I love it.
Why don't you take that corner booth,
I'll take your order in a minute...

gunswordfist

Started Little BigPlanet 2 yesterday with my baby brother...and we beat it earlier today. :wth: Besides it being too short, the only complaints I have is the save the sackbots levels that had no other gimmicks. Besides that, I had a blast with the grappling hook levels, the animals/insects you ride, the autoscrolling shootung sequences, the minigames, etc. The minigames felt closer to being as good as Mario Party's. Hopefully one day the series lives up to its potential since it's like Mario Party, Rayman Origins and Tomba all in one.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody