What Are You Currently Playing? 5.05: You Are (Not) A Gamer

Started by Avaitor, August 30, 2012, 09:19:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avaitor

Remember a while ago when I said that I finally started out Epic Mickey?

The day after I did, I decided to pop in City Folk instead, and, well, I'm hooked all over again. Yep...
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Foggle

I beat Into The Nexus. It was surprisingly lengthy and definitely worth the $30. I think it took me about 7-8 hours to complete, which isn't much shorter than most of the other games. It actually has quite a bit of content - that content is just limited to five planets (and a spaceship). The level design is generally excellent throughout, reminding me more of the PS2 games than the previous entries in the Future series. My only real complaints with ITN are that the frame rate is noticeably worse than past games, the new gameplay elements are underutilized, and the ending of the story feels extremely rushed. Highly recommended. :thumbup:

Spark Of Spirit

Good to know. Shame I didn't see it anywhere on Friday when I saw Thor 2. But I'll get it eventually.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

Attention all action/adventure fans with an Xbox 360 or gaming PC: you MUST buy Marlow Briggs and the Mask of Death. So far I've played the first two hours, and it's already one of my favorite games of the year. It's tons of fun, hilarious, and very cinematic (in a good way). I highly recommend it.

Nel_Annette

The Two Best Friends Play of it was absolutely hilarious, and sold me on it.  :lol:

Avaitor

Now I picked up Kirby 64, and damn, I wish I had played this one as a kid. It's a lot of fun!
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Grave

Been in quite the pissy mood as of late mainly (work related... I swear I've never seen such stupidity 3 days back to back to back)

Batman: Arkham City
Started my 4th playthrough of the game, and I suppose I've played this quite enough now. It's not giving me that satisfaction that I'm looking for. Not to mention I'm still waiting for Origins to get a release with everything to come with it, as well as get rid of them glitches I've been hearing so much about.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
Probably one of the last games I should be playing being in such a foul mood, but I figure with Nate's sarcasm and the epic-ness that's in this game I get some form of relief. Not to mention I've been neglecting this game for quite some time and I still need to finish it before moving onto U3 (I also heard U4's been announced for the PS4)

Assassin's Creed 2
Between this and Dynasty Warriors 8, not sure which feels better. Hacking away at a bunch of folks on screen or just assassinating people with that hidden blade. Another game that I've neglected to finish, but this is probably the best remedy for me now.

Mass Effect
Does nothing for me in terms of relieving my anger, but I'm currently playing this on the ps3, so "shrugs".

Foggle

Insomniac bought me a copy of Young Justice: Legacy. It might honestly be the worst game I've played from this gen. It makes me want to kill myself.

Daxdiv

Wait, you mean this generation of WiiU/PS4/XBone or the PS3/360/Wii generation.

Really the only negative things I've heard outside of Foggle was GWOtaku saying the 3DS version was something that shouldn't have seen the light of day and Lighthammer saying that the PC version was crappy as well.

Foggle

Kiddington

Seems like the 3DS versions of cross-platformers tend to be the worst of the lot; I've heard the same things said about Sonic Lost World (which, coincidentally, is the version I almost bought; thanking my stars now that I didn't).

Quote from: Avaitor on November 23, 2013, 08:09:13 PM
Now I picked up Kirby 64, and damn, I wish I had played this one as a kid. It's a lot of fun!

:thumbup:

gunswordfist

Started Doom 64 today and got to the 2nd level. Getting used to the controls will take me some time.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Grave

Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
Decided to make this and Uncharted 2 the main games I play for a bit. It's been a long time since I've played this game, and while I kinda forgot how to play (CQC against The Boss is gonna be a pain) a bit, I still got it a little. Pointing with square feels weird to me. I know it's been that way forever, but I like the idea of having R1 being the shoot button. I guess this is why I prefer MGS4's setup (although that took a while to get used to as well). Anyway, I just met up with Eva for the first time. Yeah, I won't speak about that when I first played the game lol. Granted I know Kojima likes to throw that tidbit of fanservice in there. Now I frown upon it these days (although, for some reason it don't bother me as much here).

Hmm.. I won't say I'm done with SSF4, but I am staying away from it for a while. Not really sure if I like where it's heading. So at the moment I'm gonna make 3rd Strike and Guilty Gear my main fighting games. In SSF4 I had a hard time figuring out who my main character was gonna be whereas (I think I'm repeating myself here lol) I know who I'm gonna use in both 3S and GG (Ken and Order Sol). Reason I'm going with Ken is mainly the same reason you'd hear for picking Ryu in SSF4. He's a balanced character and you can basically learn everything through him. I may switch off to Yun and/or Dudley later on once I get better with Ken, but right now I'm looking at this tutorial video and I'm liking what I see (so many ways to combo into his SA3. Ryu in SSF4 = Ken in 3S)

For Guilty Gear, originally I chose Johnny, but that guy is fairly difficult to use (I may be getting ready to move to 2nd shift so I definitely won't have that time to try to learn how to mist cancel and whatnot) so I chose Order-Sol instead. I'm growing into more of a rushdown type of guy (at heart I'm a balanced type) and I like the idea of baiting and punishing the hell out of someone. I saw a video of a high level OS player and I was amazed at what I saw. I like Sol Badguy, but because my brother-in-law is prone to choosing the main character in all fighting games I chose not to play as him, OS seems to be a lot more fun. If only I had the patience to try to learn Zato/Eddie.

Spark Of Spirit

Ninja Gaiden III is out on the 3DS. With save-states, I'm ready to give it a shot.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Spark Of Spirit

And I got clumsy at the first boss and died on my first life. Where did it send me? The beginning of the level.

Sigh. Tecmo.