Your Top Favorite Animated Shows

Started by talonmalon333, October 01, 2012, 11:04:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

talonmalon333

gunswordfist

"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

talonmalon333

I know ranking and rating things it kind of my shtick, but I feel like I stay out of it more often than suspected.

Dr. Insomniac

Can't do lists in general, because plenty of the shows I like are for different reasons from each other. For instance, I think Fate/Zero and Archer are fine shows, but they're two completely different genres. Same with Blake & Mortimer and Bob's Burgers.

Rynnec

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on August 10, 2014, 11:18:36 PM
Can't do lists in general, because plenty of the shows I like are for different reasons from each other. For instance, I think Fate/Zero and Archer are fine shows, but they're two completely different genres. Same with Blake & Mortimer and Bob's Burgers.

This is why most of my lists aren't in any specific order.

Spark Of Spirit

You slag off KOTH to annoy me? I have to say, compared to some of your other poking it doesn't bother me nearly as much.  :P

Glad to see TB&TB on so many lists. Such an underrated show.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on October 14, 2013, 07:12:00 PM
1. Trigun
2. King Of The Hill
3. Batman: The Brave & The Bold
4. Cowboy Bebop
5. Yu Yu Hakusho
6. Spectacular Spider-Man
7. Martian Successor Nadesico
8. Monster
9. Gargoyles
10. DuckTales

Still some missing, though. Just to add, the gaps between the ones next to each other isn't all that big.
More or less the same. I have no problem stopping what I'm doing to watch through an episode of any of these shows.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

I can combine comedy and drama/action in animation for some strange reason, but I definitely can't for live-action. What I'm also not able to do is combine animation and live-action for lists like this.

I'm not so sure if I get that, either.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Foggle

I can combine my lists because I don't really see them as objective or anything like that. I just put them in order of how much I enjoy them overall. I guess my current one would be:

1. Archer
2. Cowboy Bebop
3. Spectacular Spider-Man
4. Gurren Lagann
5. Harvey Birdman: Attorney At Law
6. Baccano!
7. Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid
8. Courage the Cowardly Dog
9. Higurashi (season 1 and Kai)
10. Ed Edd n Eddy

Look, my list is less skewed toward anime this time!

Avaitor

Your list reminds me that I should try to keep up with Gurren Lagann when Toonami starts it this week. I'm not going to have a DVR at my place, but I'll probably be up around that time anyway.

It's the only show on your list that I don't currently like. Or really, love.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

LumRanmaYasha

Quote from: Foggle on August 11, 2014, 01:29:34 PM
I can combine my lists because I don't really see them as objective or anything like that. I just put them in order of how much I enjoy them overall.

Same.  :) I have no problem combining my animated and live-action series lists as well.

Great list. I should rewatch Gurren Lagann when Toonami starts airing it next week, and finally get around to watching FMP! and Higurashi sometime too.

Foggle

Quote from: Cartoon X on August 11, 2014, 01:45:06 PM
Quote from: Foggle on August 11, 2014, 01:29:34 PM
I can combine my lists because I don't really see them as objective or anything like that. I just put them in order of how much I enjoy them overall.
Great list. I should rewatch Gurren Lagann when Toonami starts airing it next week, and finally get around to watching FMP! and Higurashi sometime too.
Quote from: Avaitor on August 11, 2014, 01:41:11 PM
Your list reminds me that I should try to keep up with Gurren Lagann when Toonami starts it this week. I'm not going to have a DVR at my place, but I'll probably be up around that time anyway.

It's the only show on your list that I don't currently like. Or really, love.
:joy: :joy:

I didn't like Gurren Lagann when it first came out, but after rewatching it recently it's grown on me so much. Definitely give it a(nother?) chance when it comes to Toonami! Just keep in mind that the dub isn't the best. It's not bad or anything, but some of the voices can be kind of annoying IMO.

Spark Of Spirit

I have to find a way to get KOTH on Foggle's list.

It must be on everyone's list.

Must.  :hayguyz:

Avaitor

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on August 11, 2014, 01:54:31 PM

Last time, your plan was to put TBATB on everyone's list.

New blog!

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Avaitor on August 11, 2014, 02:01:33 PM
Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on August 11, 2014, 01:54:31 PM

Last time, your plan was to put TBATB on everyone's list.
I have a lot of plans!  >_<