Your Top Favorite Animated Shows

Started by talonmalon333, October 01, 2012, 11:04:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pharass

Quote from: Cartoon X on April 01, 2015, 05:45:30 PM
Wow, great list man! I'm really glad to see you love Ashita no Joe, Mushi-shi, Paranoia Agent, Steven Universe, Gankutsuou, and Revolutionary Girl Utena so much, among others. I would have never figured the latter was your favorite animated series either, but it's definitely a damn great show. Though I'm surprised LOGH is fairly low on your list, as I would have expected it in your top ten considering the praise you've given it on the board before. :D

Thanks, Cartooon X. I'm glad you liked it.

As for LOGH's relatively low placement? You may chalk it up to a certain change in taste. Though I still love it, obviously. Otherwise, it wouldn't be on the list.

On a side-note: Why isn't there any good Ashita no Joe clips on YouTube? Seriously, all the clips I could find were either AMVs or extremely spoiler-heavy.
In every age
In every place
The deeds of men
Remain the same.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Awesome list! Some great titles that I love as well, and plenty that I still need to get around to.

It's also nice to see some love for Ashita no Joe. While I personally prefer both the manga and sequel anime to the first, it is still a very good adaptation of the source matetial that's well worth watching.

Avaitor

Really cool list! There's a lot of stuff on here that I need to watch, but I'm glad to see that you've enjoyed OTGW and Steven Universe as much as I have been. The latter has a very good chance of making it in my top 20 in the near future. And Tutu is a great show, one that I should give a rewatch soon.

I am surprised to not see Archer on here, though. I thought you were a fairly big fan, yourself.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

gunswordfist

Great job on having Avatar so high on the list! Your list makes me want to catch up on Steven Universe.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Pharass

Quote from: Avaitor on April 01, 2015, 10:20:42 PM
Really cool list! There's a lot of stuff on here that I need to watch, but I'm glad to see that you've enjoyed OTGW and Steven Universe as much as I have been. The latter has a very good chance of making it in my top 20 in the near future. And Tutu is a great show, one that I should give a rewatch soon.

I am surprised to not see Archer on here, though. I thought you were a fairly big fan, yourself.

Yeah, there were some shows that disappeared in order to make room for new favorites, Archer was one of them. It would definitely appear on an expanded version of the list though.
In every age
In every place
The deeds of men
Remain the same.

gunswordfist

Basing my list off of what I've seen recently again, my new Top Cartoons List:

10. Wolverine And The X-Men
9. Mike Tyson Mysteries
8. Futurama
7. King Of The Hill
6. Venture Bros.
5. Korra (I haven't seen Book 4 yet, except for like 2 episodes)
4. Avengers
3. Green Lantern
2. Regular Show
1. Batman The Brave & The Bold

Top Ten Anime list:

10. Fate/Zero
9. Hellsing Ultimate
8. One Piece
7. DBZ Kai
6. JoJo
5. Fist Of The Northstar
4. Hunter X Hunter 2011
3. Hunter X Hunter '99
2. Yu yu Hakusho
1. Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood

I originally made this post to put the two lists together in sequential order (anime, cartoon, anime) but decided against that. I just can't combine the lists. I got to say that I like the anime list A LOT more than I do my current cartoon list.

1999, 2011, Brotherhood, Yu yu Hakusho, Fist Of The Northstar

LumRanmaYasha

Nice lists!

Might as well update mine, myself:

Western Animation (not counting theatrical shorts):

10. Batman: The Brave and the Bold
9. Archer
8. Daria
7. Futurama
6. The Spectacular Spider-Man
5. Gargoyles
4. The Simpsons
3. American Dad!
2. King of the Hill
1. South Park

Anime:

10. Revolutionary Girl Utena
9. Space Dandy
8. Welcome to the NHK
7. Yu Yu Hakusho
6. Mushi-shi
5. Cowboy Bebop
4. Trigun
3. Maison Ikkoku
2. Urusei Yatsura
1. Ashita no Joe 2

Combined:

10. Trigun
9. The Spectacular Spider-Man
8. Gargoyles
7. The Simpsons
6. American Dad!
5. King of the Hill
4. Maison Ikkoku
3. Urusei Yatsura
2. Ashita no Joe 2
1. South Park

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on August 11, 2014, 11:55:18 AM
Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on October 14, 2013, 07:12:00 PM
1. Trigun
2. King Of The Hill
3. Batman: The Brave & The Bold
4. Cowboy Bebop
5. Yu Yu Hakusho
6. Spectacular Spider-Man
7. Martian Successor Nadesico
8. Monster
9. Gargoyles
10. DuckTales

Still some missing, though. Just to add, the gaps between the ones next to each other isn't all that big.
More or less the same. I have no problem stopping what I'm doing to watch through an episode of any of these shows.
I'm fairly consistent with my favorites.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

Quote from: Avaitor on December 03, 2014, 10:11:58 PM
If I was to add classics, my list would probably look like this

10- The Spectacular Spider-Man
9- Jonny Quest
8- Daria
7- Gargoyles
6- Archer
5- Rocky and His Friends/The Bullwinkle Show
4- King of the Hill
3- Ed, Edd n' Eddy
2- MGM's animated work
1- Looney Tunes

The toughest part was deciding on my top two, honestly. But I really do think that I'm more of a comedy person overall, as much as I love a great action show.
More or less.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

gunswordfist

Quote from: Cartoon X on April 10, 2015, 11:51:34 PM
Nice lists!

Might as well update mine, myself:

Western Animation (not counting theatrical shorts):

10. Batman: The Brave and the Bold
9. Archer
8. Daria
7. Futurama
6. The Spectacular Spider-Man
5. Gargoyles
4. The Simpsons
3. American Dad!
2. King of the Hill
1. South Park

Anime:

10. Revolutionary Girl Utena
9. Space Dandy
8. Welcome to the NHK
7. Mushi-shi
6. Cowboy Bebop
5. Yu Yu Hakusho
4. Trigun
3. Maison Ikkoku
2. Urusei Yatsura
1. Ashita no Joe 2

Combined:

10. Trigun
9. The Spectacular Spider-Man
8. Gargoyles
7. The Simpsons
6. American Dad!
5. King of the Hill
4. Maison Ikkoku
3. Urusei Yatsura
2. Ashita no Joe 2
1. South Park
Thank you! I need to finish Gargoyles, the good seasons of The Simpsons, Futurama and Trigun.
Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on April 10, 2015, 11:54:29 PM
Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on August 11, 2014, 11:55:18 AM
Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on October 14, 2013, 07:12:00 PM
1. Trigun
2. King Of The Hill
3. Batman: The Brave & The Bold
4. Cowboy Bebop
5. Yu Yu Hakusho
6. Spectacular Spider-Man
7. Martian Successor Nadesico
8. Monster
9. Gargoyles
10. DuckTales

Still some missing, though. Just to add, the gaps between the ones next to each other isn't all that big.
More or less the same. I have no problem stopping what I'm doing to watch through an episode of any of these shows.
I'm fairly consistent with my favorites.
:thumbup:

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Great lists, everyone.

As for me, much like Desensitized, my favorites haven't really changed very much since the last time I posted any lists, mostly because I haven't watched many new shows since then, TBH.

Also, despite your recent appreciation for it, I'm surprised to see that OP made your list. Have you been watching the early episodes online, by any chance (I'm pretty sure that they are up on CR or Hulu)?

I'm also glad to see that you gave HXH '99 some love. I like 2011 just fine, but feel that '99 had the superior direction.

gunswordfist

I have not seen any episodes outside of literally anything I've seen on CN or 4Kids, once I think about it, believe it or not. In fact, I've seen about 10 episodes on CN, even less than that fully but the combination of my low expectations being shattered by all the things I've already said I loved about One Piece, the bottom half of my anime list being a revolving door, even if I do really like that half and the fact that I've watched so little shows recently and this being a list about show I've watched (otherwise Champloo, Heat Guy J, Outlaw Star and 2003 Fullmetal would be on there) ..recently, that totaled up into One Piece being in my top 10 anything for the first time ever.

One Piece is on CR and I'll start in some day. Maybe after I'm down with JoJo, Fate/Zero and Parasyte. Maybe before Parasyte.

And yes, I love me some 1999. Such a great anime series. The late '90s were great for anime.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Well, SD-era One Piece is a good show, minus the filler.

After that, the manga is probably the best way to go, though it's probably more convenient to legally watch the anime for free.

Also, just for my opinion on the various DB anime:

Dragon Ball > Dragon Ball Z Kai > Dragon Ball Z > Dragon Ball Z Kai (Majin Buu Saga) >>>>>>>> Dragon Ball GT

gunswordfist

Oh yeah, I'll be sure to try to find a non-spoiler filler guide.

That Dragonball list sounds about right.

LordGoku

Cartoon-wise

• Gargoyles (wish people remembered this more)
  • Spectacular Spiderman
  • Steven Universe
  • Venture Brothers
  • Futurama
  • Courage the Cowardly Dog
  • American Dad

Anime-wise

• Dragonball (Kai)
  • Trigun
  • Outlaw Star
  • Madoka
  • *redacted*