Started by Dr. Ensatsu-ken, December 27, 2012, 08:27:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Dalek

To SiR with Love
The Magic Begins
Fumoffu Alchemist
The Girls Who Leap through Time

Foggle

|=|_||_|_ /\/\374|_ 94/\/1( 7|-|3 $3C0/\/|) |241|)
|=|_||_|_/\/\374|_ 4|_(|-|3/\/\1$7 |3|207|-|3|2|-|00|)
|)|2460/\/ |34|_|_ 2
|)161/\/\0/\/ %|20$ \/\/4|2$

Spark Of Spirit

"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Rynnec

Digimon Xros Wars
Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood
Dragonball Z
Full Metal Panic: The Second Raid - if only because I haven't seen it

Lord Dalek

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Rynnec on January 03, 2013, 08:46:14 PM
Digimon Xros Wars
Dragonball Z
Full Metal Panic: The Second Raid - if only because I haven't seen it
I'm tempted to change my vote now... Oh well, why not?

I change my vote.

Full Metal Panic: The Second Raid
Digimon Xros Wars
Dragon Ball Z
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Rynnec

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on January 03, 2013, 08:49:54 PM
Quote from: Lord Dalek on January 03, 2013, 08:48:09 PM
Quote from: Rynnec on January 03, 2013, 08:46:14 PM
if only because I haven't seen it

Well, Funi had the entire first season and Fumoffu on youtube, so I'll check it out sometime if it really is that good. :sweat:

Foggle

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: Rynnec on January 03, 2013, 08:51:47 PM
Well, Funi had the entire first season and Fumoffu on youtube, so I'll check it out sometime if it really is that good. :sweat:

Fumoffu is just a series of stand-alone side-story episodes that are there for pure humor. Its a fun series and its actually how most people end up getting into the series (rather than watching the first season, which isn't required viewing to enjoy Fumoffu since it doesn't directly reference any of the main story-line, anyways), but its not a good way to gauge whether you would like TSR or even the first season. The first season is the most disliked but I personally enjoy it for what it is, and its a bit interesting in how it has a good deal of focus on humor as well as the serious part of the story-line. As for TSR, though, its flat-out serious (except for the 2nd episode) from start to finish, and its a lot darker than the previous seasons. If you were to watch the extremely cheerful and light-hearted Fumoffu and then go directly into TSR, you'd probably be shocked at how jarring the transition is. That's not to say don't watch Fumoffu, but just to say don't expect Fumoffu to represent what the rest of the series is like.

gunswordfist

FMAB- Greatest anime of all time.
DBZ
Digi
FMP- It's main villain sucks. Big O is better.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Spark Of Spirit

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: gunswordfist on January 04, 2013, 09:40:09 AM
FMP- It's main villain sucks. Big O is better.

Do you even know who FMP's main villain is?

Hint: Its not Gauron.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid- 25
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood- 22
Dragon Ball Z- 18
Digimon Xros Wars- 15

Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid and Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood move onto the next round.

Round 1, Match 11:

Kare Kano

vs.

Mobile Suit Gundam 0080: War in the Pocket

vs.

Hunter X Hunter (2011)

vs.

Black Lagoon/The Second Barrage

My Picks:

Mobile Suit Gundam 0080: War in the Pocket (Best Gundam series ever; 2nd best mecha anime ever)
Hunter X Hunter (The 1999 version is better, but this is still the best currently running shonen anime that I'm aware of)
Black Lagoon (Its great, but something's gotta give; also, don't listen to what Foggle says, the dub is better)
Kare Kano (I haven't seen it)

Avaitor

Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/