Started by Avaitor, December 28, 2012, 08:21:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avaitor

Match 8-

The Ultimate Thrill

Zatanna

Christmas with the Joker

I'm just gonna reverse how it's listed.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Dr. Insomniac

Zatanna - The bad man who touched me down there wore a hat like that, and he gave me a free hamburger every time. I miss him.
The Ultimate Thrill - I like to pretend that this girl is on my peepee instead of the rocket.
Christmas With the Joker - Jesus is our lord and savior, so I can't downvote a show with his name on it. Sadly, there is no picture. So it has to be last. I am sorry, Jesus.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Zatanna (A cute little episode, if nothing else)
The Ultimate Thrill (another mediocre one)
Christmas with the Joker (to be honest, I actually hate this episode)

Spark Of Spirit

"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

Lord Dalek

RacattackForce

Same as Dalek, because he lent me $5 the other day.

Avaitor

The Ultimate Thrill- 9
Zatanna- 16
Christmas With the Joker- 17

"Christmas With the Joker" makes it to the next round.

Match 9-

Paging the Crime Doctor

The Underdwellers

Sideshow

Sideshow- This is probably my favorite use of Killer Croc. As in actual usage of him and not, y'no, counting "Almost Got 'Im"
Paging the Crime Doctor- A mostly average episode saved by a very sweet ending. Far from a favorite, but if the pickings were even slimmer, I could see myself picking this episode first in another match.
The Underdwellers- Blah.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Spark Of Spirit

Same.

Sideshow is a bit more interesting than usual since you would figure Croc would change. But he doesn't.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

Well that's one thing to consider about Batman's rogue gallery- a lot of them have episodes where they have the ability to change, but end up staying the same regardless. Hell, Harley had 2 and I'm pretty sure that every episode with Catwoman in it consisted of this very formula.

It shows you just how good at their jobs the doctors of Arkham Asylum are, as well as the mental state of these villains in general. I think "Trial" does a better job of getting into this debate than almost any other episode, though.

New blog!

The Shadow Gentleman

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Avaitor

Paging the Crime Doctor- 8
The Underdwellers- 4
Sideshow- 12

"Sideshow" makes it to the next round.

Match 10-

Appointment in Crime Alley

The Cat and the Claw

Mad as a Hatter

Mad as a Hatter- I don't think this would make a short list of my very favorite B:TAS episodes, but it contains a lot of the requirements for a perfect episode.
Appointment in Crime Alley- A sweet enough episode, this sticks out for having some of the most striking and apparent acknowledgements of drug use in Gotham on the show. Also not a big favorite, but it's better than...
The Cat and the Claw- ...the first episode to air. If this was the first one that I saw, I don't think I would have been too hopeful for the rest of the show.

New blog!

Spark Of Spirit

Appointment in Crime Alley - I dunno why I like this one so much, but I do.
Mad as a Hatter - Great episode.
The Cat and the Claw - I really feel sorry for Catwoman in BTAS. She gets a lot of the lesser episodes.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Same as Desensitized.

I actually really liked Appointment in Crime Alley, myself. Mad as a Hatter is a good episode as well, but he himself is kind of one of the weaker villains of the show, IMO.