Nostalgia

Started by Avaitor, December 30, 2010, 01:03:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Well, I started with Sonic 2 on the Genesis, myself, but admittedly I never played more than a few bits and pieces of the 1st game as well as 3 and Knuckles. I really liked Sonic 2, but to be honest Sonic Adventure was the first Sonic game that I got really into, and subsequently Sonic Adventure 2 became a huge addiction for me when it came out. But, it wasn't until a few years later that I rediscovered my love for Sonic 2 and then went and played the original Sonic as well as S3&K, and its only recently that I even started playing Sonic CD. Those are definitely the best Sonic games of all time, but I still say that both the Adventure games are great in their own right. I feel like hardcore fans of the classics just hate on them because they flat out aren't the same types of games as the classics, and the modern critics hate on the games just because later 3D Sonic games have given the series a bad reputation in general and they are just pitting those 2 games in with the masses out of a vague memory of actually playing them. Either that, or its like how they like to blow the problems of those games WAY out of proportions. Its true that both games are flaws and certain elements of each haven't aged well, but any fan of those games can tell you that most of the criticisms that get lashed out at the Adventure games these days are flat-out untrue.

Nel_Annette

Someone on another forum I go to, someone was posting pictures of an old Sonic Look and Find book. Which eventually lead to me remembering the I Spy books, other Look and Find books, Amazing Mazes and some mystery/look-and-find series by the same guy who drew that. Plus Where's Waldo etc.

...I miss those books.

Spark Of Spirit

Recently I seem to be getting nostalgic whenever I hear "Waiting For Tonight" by Jennifer Lopez. I'm not really sure why, but it's something I've recently noticed.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

That's a pretty random song.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Spark Of Spirit

Which is why it's so weird. It isn't like that song was present in any of my fondest memories or anything.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Kiddington

Speaking of nostalgic songs... this, anyone?

Man, this was one of my favorites as a kid. Seriously.  :sweat:

Avaitor

Heh, I remember liking that.

While I'm at it, it seems to be an unpopular opinion to like this song, but I loved it way back when.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Spark Of Spirit

I liked both of those songs. I still like Smash Mouth's first two albums in a way, but there's no denying it's sort of forgettable stuff.

Avaitor

Yeah, we owned the first album, but I don't really remember any of it besides that one song.

New blog!

Kiddington

As far as Smash Mouth goes, I still kinda like this.

It's not a great song, but it's not bad either. That's probably about it, though. They are a pretty forgettable act.

Spark Of Spirit

Avaitor

New blog!

Commode

Quote from: Avaitor on October 09, 2012, 11:31:25 AM
Here's another oldie I remember
That was seventh grade for me, right around the time I started skating.  I remember because I was always hanging out with this kid named Chris Franks, who was a fellow skater, and he was always singing this song.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Commode

It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Avaitor

Welp, I'm going to try to find a copy of TMNT on VHS.

New blog!