Video Game Music

Started by talonmalon333, December 31, 2010, 12:26:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kiddington

In keeping up with my previous trend of Pokemon tracks, here are some of my favorites from Gold/Silver/Crystal:

Bicycle (my FAVORITE bike theme from Pokemon; yes, I like this even more than the RBY version)
Dance Theater
Dragon's Den
Game Corner
Gym
Kanto Gym Battle
National Park
Route 29
Route 38/39
Sprout Tower
Title Theme
Trainer Battle (Kanto) (quirky remix, but I like it)
Union Cave
Vermillion City (a lot of people don't seem to like this version, and I don't get why; I think it sounds great)
Victory Road (another fine remix)
Wild Pokemon Theme

Man, I absolutely love the soundtrack to these games. I could probably post every song here if I really wanted to; not a weak track to be found.

Eddy

Kiddington

Can't believe I forgot to list this in my previous post, but here's another one of my favorites; the Legendary Dog Theme from Crystal.

...and just for the heck of it, here's an updated version that was made for Ruby and Sapphire, but never used. Kind of a shame they didn't use this in FR/LG when you encounter the Legendary Dogs there, but whatever.

Nel_Annette

So tomorrow the soundtrack to KH:3D comes out. Think I'll import-buy it, like I did with the BBS-358/2 Days-Re:Coded soundtrack last year. I may not like the direction the series has taken story-wise, but the series' soundtracks have always been beautiful to me. One of the few that I actually by physical copies of.

Kiddington

Feeling like a handheld Zelda kind of mood right now.

First up, Link's Awakening:

Animal Village
Catfish's Maw
Face Shrine
House
Kanalet Castle
Key Cavern
Overworld (it's pretty much the same as in the Oracle games, so I won't be posting it again when I get to those)
Southern Shrine
Sword Search
Tal Tal Heights

gunswordfist

"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

gunswordfist

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4GUKN1IuXA&feature=relmfuListening to this for the first time in year. We need another video game theme contest since the last one didn't get complete.

gunswordfist

I accidently stumbled upon this after I listened to the 2nd theme from Einhander stage 6:  :thumbup:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tsMUcB2YOk&feature=autoplay&list=ULd_ydn8s1i5w&playnext=1

gunswordfist

Eddy

Rynnec

The entiere N64 trilogy is underrated (though, at least Bomberman 64 is acknowledged on occasion) sadly. And out of all 3 of them, Hero seems to get the least attention, either due to the gameplay change/lack of multiplayer, or the fact that it has little to do with the other 2 games.

Nel_Annette

I always refer to Bomberman Hero's bgm as the most awesome elevator music ever. That the thing that comes to mind. But it really is great. Also always loved the music that played when you fought Artemis, Regulus and Orion in 64. Spent years trying to find that track afterward.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRQugkoaYqU

Spark Of Spirit

Bomberman Hero is great. Some sites (like Nintendolife) looked down on its VC re-release, but it's actually quite the cool little game. The only thing it needed was some classic Bomberman multiplayer.

I still think its single player is the best in the series, though.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Rynnec

Love that track. The Second Attack version isn't quite as good, but its still an awesome track.

Of course, being composed by Yasunori Mitsuda, it's only natural that TSA! has an awesome soundtrack.