Unpopular Opinions You Hold About Animation

Started by Avaitor, November 09, 2011, 08:18:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Avaitor

Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Kiddington

Avaitor

I've never really found this day to be an important one, being raised by a single parent who has had little connection to my own father in life. What's funny is just as I was thinking about this, I saw that a 90's Nick blog that I follow on tumblr posted the episode of As Told by Ginger (I know, it's not 90's, but they post it anyway. I don't mind since I always lump it in with Rocket Power, even though ATBG is clearly the superior show) where Ginger wrote a poem lamenting her distant father.

It got me to think that there aren't too many children of divorce in animation. There are ones raised by single parents, but usually it's because one of the spouses died, like Chuckie's, or they were born in wedlock, like Archer and Cartman. It's surprising how few characters had parents who split up just because their relationship just couldn't work out.

Besides Ginger, the only ones I can think of are Tino from the Weekenders, who also had a really good episode where we get to see his dad; Milhouse, who was an interesting case since his were together on the show for a decent chunk of the show but just called it quits out of nowhere; and Brendon from Home Movies, which is also an interesting case since not only do we get to meet his dad a few times, but even see him remarry and give Brendon a half-sibling. Plus, he was played by Louis CK. I mean, c'mon.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

gunswordfist

Are you fucking kidding me? Rocket Power is so much better than Ginger.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Dr. Insomniac

Quote from: gunswordfist on June 17, 2012, 11:51:45 AM
Thou speak witch speech! :devil:

gunswordfist

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on June 17, 2012, 12:01:05 PM
Quote from: gunswordfist on June 17, 2012, 11:51:45 AM
Thou speak witch speech! :devil:
Shut up, shoebie.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Avaitor

I still maintain that Ginger was only bland as hell for about 75% of its run. The other 25% has some effective episodes.

New blog!

Eddy

Why the hell does the Annoying Orange have his own show on Cartoon Network?

Someone, somewhere out there thought this was actually a good idea?

Rynnec

I didn't even know what the Annoying Orange was before this.

Now I wish I had kept it that way. :whuh:

Foggle

Quote from: Eddy on June 19, 2012, 04:52:53 PM
Why the hell does the Annoying Orange have his own show on Cartoon Network?
:srs: :srs: :srs:

Dr. Insomniac

The more I hear people talking about how stuff like Phineas & Ferb and Gravity Falls aren't proper Disney cartoons, the more I wish said people could be shot in the face. Shit like Ducktales and Goof Troop are gone, stop acting like Disney has to mirror what it did back when you were a fucking kid. TV shouldn't have to conform to one fucking time period.

Spark Of Spirit

Kick Buttowski and Fish Hooks >>> Gummi Bears and TaleSpin

;)
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Rynnec

Kiddington

Quote from: Rynnec on June 19, 2012, 10:40:02 PM

A classic that shall be missed.

Flies are such adorable creatures, aren't they?  :sly:

Mr. Big

The creator of that show, Dave Polsky, is currently working on "My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic". Trufac  ;D

He wrote two episodes for season 1, one of them being the controversial "Feeling Pinkie Keen". He didn't write any for season 2 but according to M.A. Larson he's returning for season 3.