Talk about life.

Started by talonmalon333, December 29, 2010, 11:20:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on April 02, 2012, 03:45:08 PM
Swamped in papers. Oh God, help me.
Is it that time of year again? I'll be thinking of you and all the others around this time. It's certainly a very stressful/not fun time!
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Daxdiv

Oh yeah, it's almost Easter, that should be around the same time College should be wrapping up. I can't believe I finished college last year.

Commode

Holy shit, I just found out that I can plug up my external hard drive to my TV and watch all my files on it.  So that's what that USB port is for, fucking sweet.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

So, I'm in the middle of studying for my finals which are currently a week away. As usual, its hell just trying to keep on top of my studying when I have to juggle around 4 major classes at once and give each one adequate enough time just to be able to pass them. Actually, I'm already pretty certain I'm going to end up "failing" one class (and I'm not even technically failing that class, but due to stupid technicalities that the ass-holes who run my University came up with, it'll still happen anyways). This will of course set me back a year in studies and will cost me way more tuition fees to make up for that I'll have to of course take loans for and then will have that many more years of loans to pay off when I finally graduate from this shit-hole.

I hate my University. Its just a business meant to suck students dry and actively uses cheap tactics to try and hold students back to suck even more money out of them, whether they know their shit or not when it comes to actually understanding important material related to their major. Actually, the funny thing is I'm acing my Practice Lab class which is the actual direct application of the skills and knowledge that I learn in P n' T as a pharmacist, but I'm getting a D in P n' T the class itself, not because any of the concepts are hard but because the exams are so full of shit that at least half the questions are downright unfair and come down far more to subjectivity than having fair objectively right answers.

Anyways, there are a ton of smaller things that are pissing me off about my school, but for the time being I just can't wait to be done with this semester, whatever the outcome. This was by far the most brutal 4 months of my life. Hell, I've hated my entire stay in this damn school, and all I'll get to show for it after this semester is a shitty BS degree in Health Sciences that isn't worth squat. The real degree is the Pharm D degree that you get after 6 years, but in my case I might as well add an extra year onto that just because of this stupid loophole that these ass-holes are going to get me with now.

Its a wonder that I'm not the most bitter member on these boards, even though I really should be just to vent out the crap that stresses me the fuck out in my life (with 90% of that stress literally coming from my awful college, alone).

Spark Of Spirit

I'm really sorry to hear that. Sounds way too stressful.  :-\
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

Sorry to hear that you're having a bad time. Sounds like why I left college... it's far too stressful, and then you barely get anything to show for it (for me, anyway; I'm literally worthless at anything unrelated to writing or manual labor).

Avaitor

Dude, that sucks. Best of luck.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Thanks for the supporting comments.

I think what ticks me off is not that its hard, but more so that it ventured into "unfair" territory this year. It may sound like my own bias, but for the record this is basically the truth that every student knows when they make it this far. In particular my year (class of 2014, which "was" supposed to be my original graduation date) is the first class to have the "C-" rule. Basically, unlike any other major, a C- is the minimum we can get to pass a class. The problem is that they made this rule without doing shit about the difficulty of the exams, and they knew full well what they were doing. Being that failing the class is getting any grade lower than a 70, in this case (when it would have been lower than a 60 if I were born just a year earlier), about approximately 20% of my class is actively "failing" P n' T at the moment, and many more are borderline. The cumulative class average up to this point is a 73%, so considering that the minimum passing grade for this class is a 70, I think that puts into perspective just how fucked up this program is.

Also, for the record, my grade is a 64 right now, which is a D, which would still be passing if I were in any of the earlier classes before us, but this school clearly can't have that, so they make up these BS rules to weed out some extra students an charge them more money to make up courses that they normally would have rightfully passed.

The sad thing is that this one complaint doesn't even begin to sum up all of the shit my college has pulled in just this semester, alone (let alone my entire say here).

But, I'm done bitching about my school-life for now. I just really needed to vent this out.

Rosalinas Spare Wand

That's fair. I've checked around my campus for those kinds of programs and they pull the exact same tricks on not only the people in the programs, but anyone who uses those classes to check off a GE.

Sounds like a huge pain to me.

Daxdiv

I remember them pulling that shit on me during my last year as well. Teacher ignored "D" and went straight to "F" It was one of the reasons as to why same time last year I only attended a Math Class. Luckily I had one nice teacher that year and since she saw improvement in my work she turned my "D" into a "C" I'm so glad I got out of college when I did. Shame that having a degree is meaningless now. There's really no prestige to it anymore. In fact, one of the reasons I attended college was just so I could be covered under my parent's health plan.

talonmalon333

Sorry to hear that, EK. Your college's method of grading sounds broken.

I hate the college system in general. Biggest money draining scam ever.

talonmalon333

Foggle

talonmalon333

gunswordfist

Oh, threads finally merged. I thought you dumbasses were just repeating yourselves. :sly:
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody