The Legend of Zelda Series

Started by talonmalon333, May 27, 2011, 03:27:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

talonmalon333

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on April 21, 2012, 06:59:27 PM
No, it's fine. It's your opinion. I just didn't really enjoy the DS games all that much.

I can at least agree that PH wasn't too great. That game could've used more time in development.

talonmalon333

As for SS's graphics, I like them. Realistic proportions and cel-shading. TP meets WW, with a touch of "impressionism" to hide the Wii's attempt to cope with the game's size. I feel like it's a very good way for the series to express itself, and I wouldn't be against them sticking with it.

I think Miyamoto and Aonuma even said they found the perfect Zelda graphical style with this game.

talonmalon333

You guys ever see these re-textured images of TP? I'll post the original pictures, and then the re-textured ones so you can compare them directly.

ORIGINAL

UPDATED

ORIGINAL

UPDATED

Miyamoto and the crew were planning on improving the graphics for the Wii version, but they ran out of time. So these images can probably give us a good idea of what it potentially could've looked like.

Foggle

Dayum, those updated textures are real pretty.

talonmalon333

Quote from: Foggle on April 30, 2012, 04:20:34 PM
Dayum, those updated textures are real pretty.

Definitely brings the game's look up to date.

talonmalon333

By the way, to anyone playing SS... there's a free "patch" in the Wii shop that you should download. Why? Because there's an end-game glitch in the game. :o

Foggle

A patch!? For a Wii game?! Madness!

talonmalon333

Quote from: Foggle on May 01, 2012, 12:07:57 AM
A patch!? For a Wii game?! Madness!

It feels so old school in comparison to the typical patch. :P

Avaitor

So most of my Club Nintendo points were going to expire soon. Since the games currently available didn't interest me too much, I went with these.

I'm saving them for when I move to Orlando, although I might put the middle up now.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

talonmalon333

Quote from: Brak's Dad on May 08, 2012, 06:47:29 PM
So most of my Club Nintendo points were going to expire soon. Since the games currently available didn't interest me too much, I went with these.

I'm saving them for when I move to Orlando, although I might put the middle up now.

What games?

Spark Of Spirit

"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

Goddammit, I'm so fucking stupid. c/ped the wrong thing.

Edited my post, so check that out.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Foggle

Very cool! I need more posters, myself. :thumbup:

Spark Of Spirit

Wow, Zelda Wii-U will probably look amazing going on history:

"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Spark Of Spirit

Someone made this based on Nintendo's data:

Maybe that will preempt some future arguments!