Steven Universe

Started by Daikun, May 22, 2013, 02:05:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gunswordfist

the last two episodes they showed today (the time/multiple stevens episode and the frybo episode) have made me gain some interest in the show. the former episode made me like steven a bit and steven and petey's contrasting views on work were interesting in the frybo episode. i already liked the bits of the episode i saw already thanks to the frybo monster.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Peanutbutter

I have to say, I'm glad that in the recent set of episodes they've explored Greg and the Gem's roles as Steven's parents a bit. There was that one with Greg staying with him, trying to use his leg to spend more time with Steven. Then we had Pearl get carried away with a spaceship when she thought there was a way get back home with Steven. And of course, we're seeing more shades of Garnet's personality, showing that she will discipline Steven when he does something wrong.

They've even fleshed Steven's mom Rose out even more, and she still has yet to appear. There's going to be an upcoming episode where Greg tells Steven about what happened after met Rose. Needless to say, I'm looking forward to that one the most!

Nel_Annette

Tonight's episode was pretty sweet. I loved that videotape ending that Steven's mom left him. And Lion having this big ethereal pink field inside his mane reminded me of the Moon from Majora's Mask.

Avaitor

My friend and I got the Majora's Mask vibe, too!

This really was a special episode. Rose sure was big, and lovely.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Peanutbutter

New episodes are back!

And WOW, was the ending to tonight's episode a surprise! I'll say more later when others get the chance to see it, but let's just say the main plot in Steven Universe has another layer of intrigue to it now.  :huh:

Avaitor

Whoa.

Those are my favorite Gamecube games, too! This show is great.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

New blog!

Daikun

Quote from: Avaitor on January 24, 2015, 12:12:45 AMThose are my favorite Gamecube games, too! This show is great.

That wouldn't be the first time CN referenced Zelda...

Daikun

Daxdiv

We really need a better color to identify links on this board.

Daikun

Quote from: Daxdiv on January 24, 2015, 06:44:11 PMWe really need a better color to identify links on this board.

How about this one?

Foggle

Quote from: Daikun on January 24, 2015, 07:52:49 PM
Quote from: Daxdiv on January 24, 2015, 06:44:11 PMWe really need a better color to identify links on this board.

How about this one?
I'll look into something like this soon.

Nel_Annette

I propose an obnoxious green.

Avaitor

I like Daikun's suggestion, myself.

Oh, and I finally got to see the new episode, and you can tell how much of a Zelda fan Sugar is based on some of the challenges Steven dealt with. Although that's not the reference I was most interested in...

New blog!

Daxdiv

Quote from: Avaitor on January 25, 2015, 03:07:54 PM
I like Daikun's suggestion, myself.

Oh, and I finally got to see the new episode, and you can tell how much of a Zelda fan Sugar is based on some of the challenges Steven dealt with. Although that's not the reference I was most interested in...

CONGRATULATIONS! *clap clap clap clap*

I will say that the recent episode was pretty good. Glad to see how the Gems help out Steven's confidence, while also having doubts about themselves being a good teacher/caretaker for Steven. Kind of glad to see Steven bite the bullet to make them happy.

Nel_Annette

So I haven't keeping up for a few weeks on the new episodes, but tonight I managed to catch the Stevonny fusion one and the Steven going through the rigged temple one. Holy crap, this show just keeps attaining higher levels of quality. If it keeps this up, it could easily surpass AT and RS for me (those shows, while I still like them, haven't been as good as they used to be for over a year for me now).

That fusion one especially. There were so many layers to what that episode was trying to convey. And yeah, the dance party was weird and uncomfortable, but it clearly was supposed to be.