Cartoon Network Nostalgia Thread

Started by Avaitor, December 27, 2010, 10:38:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gunswordfist

Quote from: Rynnec on April 02, 2012, 11:41:04 PM
It's a shame this track never played in the show proper (at least not that I can recall). Trunks had some of the best themes dedicated to him.
I....didn't even know DBZ had music like this.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Rosalinas Spare Wand

Toonami was fun for the one night it was on pretending it had never really left, but that's about it for me. I don't have cable anymore and I certainly wouldn't pay to have it back just for an old block I used to watch.

gunswordfist

Quote from: Rosalinas Spare Wand on April 03, 2012, 12:34:39 AM
Toonami was fun for the one night it was on pretending it had never really left, but that's about it for me. I don't have cable anymore and I certainly wouldn't pay to have it back just for an old block I used to watch.
I would. That's all that matters.

Lord Dalek

Quote from: Kiddington on April 02, 2012, 08:08:41 PM
Actually, watching DBZ the other night, I was reminded once again how much I love the Bruce Faulconer soundtrack. I'm pretty certain I'm in the minority here (I know Spark doesn't like it, anyway), and it is a replacement score, so weeaboos be damned, but some of those tracks just sound great to me. I'm still not sure if what it is, if that's just the nostalgia talking or what, but I'm not going to argue.
I'm probably going to get stoned for this, but I still like Shuki and Ron's work on the Saiyan/Namek sagas more than Faulconer's overall contributions.

gunswordfist

Quote from: Lord Dalek on April 03, 2012, 06:28:10 PM
Actually, watching DBZ the other night, I was reminded once again how much I love the Bruce Faulconer soundtrack. I'm pretty certain I'm in the minority here (I know Spark doesn't like it, anyway), and it is a replacement score, so weeaboos be damned, but some of those tracks just sound great to me. I'm still not sure if what it is, if that's just the nostalgia talking or what, but I'm not going to argue.
I'm probably going to get stoned for this, but I still like Shuki and Ron's work on the Saiyan/Namek sagas more than Faulconer's overall contributions.
Post links.

Kiddington

This can only be a good sign, right? RIGHT?!?!

Ok, I'm officially excited. I can't help myself.

Spark Of Spirit

Just don't get your hopes too high.

While it would be nice, let's not get too hyped up.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Commode

It's as good as back.  Why else would they have responded this much?  If it really was a one time deal, they would've just let it air, let the internet bitch, and move on.  The fact that they are responding tells me they are bringing it back.

The real questions are when it'll come back, what will air on it, and of course how long it'll last.
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Avaitor

I think at most, they'll replace some of their anime repeats with a couple of Toonami shows. I'd love to see Tom return full time, but I kind of doubt that it'll happen.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Kiddington

If they're taking this much time to continue acknowledging the block as much as they are, I have to believe this is a full-on comeback. Not just the shows; TOM, the bumps, everything. I mean, why else would they continue to bring it up as often as they have? I know AS likes to play mind games with their viewing audience more often than not, but I refuse to believe they'd go through this much effort in reviving the brand and all the feelings it brought, only to turn around and say "haha, jokes on you!".

It may not be next week, hell, it may not even be next month, but I'm truly starting to believe this is coming back at some point, at least for a time being anyway. I guess we'll wait and see, though.

Lord Dalek

Quote from: gunswordfist on April 04, 2012, 12:40:06 PM
Post links.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5fsDYdDwLo&feature=relmfu
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNHQVY2P1W8&feature=relmfu

gunswordfist

Quote from: Comeau on April 04, 2012, 05:55:34 PM
It's as good as back.  Why else would they have responded this much?  If it really was a one time deal, they would've just let it air, let the internet bitch, and move on.  The fact that they are responding tells me they are bringing it back.

The real questions are when it'll come back, what will air on it, and of course how long it'll last.
AKA fuck what Desen says. :thumbup:

gunswordfist

Quote from: Lord Dalek on April 05, 2012, 07:49:05 PM
Post links.

Oh, the Ocean version. No wonder they got ignored. Good stuff. :thumbup:

Kiddington

Quote from: Lord Dalek on April 05, 2012, 07:49:05 PM
Post links.

Ooooh, now there's some nostalgia I haven't heard in years. Other than Rock the Dragon, I had forgotten about most of the old Ocean tracks. Those are pretty good, I'll say (another one that I'm quite fond of that you didn't post is this).

...but, overall, I still like Faulconer's score better. Just me, though.

Avaitor

Another week, another ep of Cartoon Planet. This is how I rate the eps present.

EEnE
Billy & Mandy
Chowder
Camp Lazlo

Lazlo was the definite low light- reminded me of why I don't miss the show at all. The Eds episode, on the flipside, is an absolute classic. Wanna figure out why it ranked so high on our list? Watch this one again. And the other two were fun. I miss season 1 of Chowder.

Also, is it just me, or was this EEnE ep in HD?
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/