Cartoon Network Nostalgia Thread

Started by Avaitor, December 27, 2010, 10:38:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Insomniac

Quote from: Rosalinas Spare Wand on April 10, 2012, 11:52:17 PM
Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on April 10, 2012, 11:35:19 PM
My Gym Partner Is a Monkey?  :gonk:

Bingo. That and about half the shows there are from a totally different TV era if its trying to invoke nostalgia. But seriously, who the fuck will ever feel nostalgia for Gym Partner?
The moment CN ever re-airs that shit, be prepared to hear nothing but "OMG, I used to watch that so much back in school" on the Twittah.

Rynnec

The fuck is Cheese doing on there?

Does not exist. It was a figment of your imagination.

Foggle

Bingo. That and about half the shows there are from a totally different TV era if its trying to invoke nostalgia. But seriously, who the fuck will ever feel nostalgia for Gym Partner?
Vomit for that and Foster's. No, really, I find Foster's to be one of the most insufferable shows of all time. I would rather watch Gym Partner.

Though the fact that the picture implies that a single worthwhile cartoon is as good as four also kind of rubs me the wrong way.

Dr. Insomniac

Foggle

HOLY SHIT WHAT THE FUCK

BRB KILLING MYSELF SLOWLY AND PAINFULLY

EDIT: SO ANGRY I FORGOT A LETTER

Rosalinas Spare Wand

Quote from: Rynnec on April 10, 2012, 11:54:52 PM
Does not exist. It was a figment of your imagination.

God, don't we all wish?

Quote from: Foggle on April 10, 2012, 11:55:50 PM
Though the fact that the picture implies that a single worthwhile cartoon is as good as four also kind of rubs me the wrong way.

Tell me about it. He actually reposted it from a page on Facebook dedicated to Bronies from California. I'm afraid to take a look if its anywhere as bad as the college meme pages that we have.

Spark Of Spirit

You know, I don't like to browbeat tastes... much... but how can anybody be nostalgic for shows like that?

Things like Gym Partner and Rocket Power were everything wrong with cartoons at the time.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

Poor kids who had to grow up in that era. :cry:
Quote from: Foggle on April 10, 2012, 11:55:50 PM
Vomit for that and Foster's. No, really, I find Foster's to be one of the most insufferable shows of all time. I would rather watch Gym Partner.

I thought I was the only one who hated Foster's. ;D Hell, I might actually agree with rather watching MGPIAM. Compared to Foster's, Gym Monkey at least had some kind of charisma. Foster just had a Pac-Man ghost running around screaming.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

gunswordfist

Quote from: Dr. Insomniac on April 10, 2012, 11:56:55 PM
Too late.

lol @ some of those names. :D That sums up the My Gym Partner Is A Monkey crowd.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Spark Of Spirit

Poor Dragonpiece. Caught with his pants down.  :frown:
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Kiddington

:wth:

The idea of Cartoon Planet is already souring me if this is really the path they're heading down in Week 2. If they're going to include Gym Partner, then anything might as well be fair game at this point (just imagine, Squirrel Boy, back from the dead... oh lord, help me).

Between this, and the stale undead state of The 90's Are All That, why is it so difficult for these networks to do a nostalgia block the right way? It can't possibly be that hard. Network suits, I swear.

Daxdiv

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on April 11, 2012, 12:28:42 AM
Poor Dragonpiece. Caught with his pants down.  :frown:

I feel sorry for the kid. I really really do.

Foggle

Who's Dragonpiece?

Quote from: Kiddington on April 11, 2012, 12:32:17 AM
(just imagine, Squirrel Boy, back from the dead... oh lord, help me).
Or worse... Out Of Jimmy's Head.

Spark Of Spirit

Foggle