Video Game Music

Started by talonmalon333, December 31, 2010, 12:26:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

Not Life Is Beautiful! I just got that out of my head recently! I ain't putting it back!

Quote from: Kiddington on August 06, 2011, 05:38:19 AM
A 16-bit remake of GG/MS Sonic 1's Labyrinth Zone

While not "official" video game music in a certain sense, I just had to share it here. This is absolutely beautiful. It could so seamlessly fit in an official Sonic title on the Genesis; almost makes you wonder why they didn't use something like that.

I've been listening to it for days. It's just great; whoever made this did one heck of a job.
The Master System version has a massively underrated soundtrack

Also, this is my fave remix of the Genesis version of Labyrinth Zone
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Kiddington

Quote from: Desensitized on August 06, 2011, 06:21:25 PM
Not Life Is Beautiful! I just got that out of my head recently! I ain't putting it back!

While not "official" video game music in a certain sense, I just had to share it here. This is absolutely beautiful. It could so seamlessly fit in an official Sonic title on the Genesis; almost makes you wonder why they didn't use something like that.

I've been listening to it for days. It's just great; whoever made this did one heck of a job.

Wholeheartedly agreed. I don't know how the Master System/Game Gear soundtrack didn't end up getting more credit. I mean, really; how can one possibly not like this?

...and speaking of remixes: I've plugged this one on TZ before, but I'll do it again here. My absolute favorite Chemical Plant Zone remix ever. EVER. Kinda gets weird in the middle (at about the 1:36-ish mark), but still pretty damn awesome, I must say.

Lord Dalek

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJD8hpb5CI0&feature=related - beautiful man. Almost makes me forget how much I LOATHE Sonic 2 on the Game Gear.

Spark Of Spirit

Sonic 2 on game gear... man, that game annoyed the hell out of me. If it wasn't for the smaller screen and dumb gimmicks (like the broken gliding), I might like the game way more.

Also, My favorite Sonic remix by far
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Rynnec

Playing the GBA Castlevania games has reminded me of how awesome the music in those games are.

From Circle of the Moon:

Requiem
Sinking Old Sanctuary
Fate to Despair
And last but certainly not least, Awake

While Aria of Sorrow doesn't seem to be as good as CotM's (from what I've played anyway) it still has some kickass tunes.

Castle Corridor
Chapel theme
Hammer's theme. Why they didn't remake this for Dawn of Sorrow I'll never know.

talonmalon333

Anyone ever hear the ending theme to Mario Kart 64?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqWi7CTTrUI

It's surprisingly good. Like, REALLY good.

Kiddington

Short, but sweet.

Love how peaceful this is. KSS had a lot of great tracks, and this definitely one of my favorites.

Eddy

Kiddington

Hmm, nice; love those tracks, especially Forest Funk. I'm ashamed to admit, I still haven't tried Meat Boy yet. I need to get on that.

...anyway, time for some more KSS love. Cocoa Cave = awesomesauce.

Eddy

gunswordfist

"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

gunswordfist

Quote from: Desensitized on August 06, 2011, 06:21:25 PM

Listening to it now and loving it.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Foggle

Howzabout everyone lists their favorite soundtracks instead of just songs?

My top 5 (in no particular order):
God Hand
Mega Man X
MadWorld
Streets of Rage Remake (the remixes featured here are mind-blowingly awesome... if this is considered cheating, then Streets of Rage 2)
Tekken 3

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Mega Man X
Zelda games (in general)
Halo games (in general)
DKC (SNES games)
NG games (in general)

And, uhhhh....Way too many other ones to name.

Yeah, picking favorite game soundtracks is personally just as hard as picking favorite individual video game music for me.