Video Game Music

Started by talonmalon333, December 31, 2010, 12:26:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Dalek

Spark Of Spirit

"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Kiddington

Foggle

Spark Of Spirit

After playing SNES F-Zero a bunch I'd have to say that Big Blue is still the best F-Zero theme, IMO.

It's also the best F-Zero stage in Smash Bros.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Kiddington

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

So, recently I've become really addicted to Rock Howard's theme from Garou: Mark of the Wolves. Something about this theme gets me so damn pumped and almost makes me want to go out into the street and start a fight with someone myself....and then I realize I'm me and that I'd get my ass-kicked and probably arrested if I did something like that. :sweat:

Oh, and there's another theme that I happened to come across and that I can't keep out of my head. Now, I know we all dislike Asura's Wrath, and personally I don't even think I'd say it qualifies as being a game as much as it is an interactive movie. But I heard the theme titled Wind Fang, and I can't lie....its like every great spaghetti western theme rolled into one, and I fucking LOVE that kind of music. Sure, I may not care for the game, but this music is fucking amazing.

Kiddington

The soundtrack for NSMB2 hasn't left an overly lasting impression on me thus far, but I do like this one.

Still not quite sure what to make of this game, really. It's... interesting. You certainly can't accuse them of not trying something new.

Spark Of Spirit

The sky music was the first time I actively understood the hate for the "bah"s. That theme really drills them into your head.

Quote from: Kiddington on March 01, 2013, 09:20:05 PMYou certainly can't accuse them of not trying something new.
You'd be surprised of what people accuse Nintendo of, Bayonetta 2 alone shows that.

EDIT: STOP SINGING

Kiddington

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on March 01, 2013, 10:19:36 PM
STOP SINGING

Yeah, that's pretty bad. That might be one of the few Mario songs that I actively dislike.

As I said, I remain relatively unimpressed by the soundtrack, Desert theme aside. It's a strange mixture of bland and annoying. Good game otherwise, though.

talonmalon333

Quote from: Spark Of Spirit on March 01, 2013, 10:19:36 PM
You'd be surprised of what people accuse Nintendo of, Bayonetta 2 alone shows that.

You mean that Nintendo doesn't try anything new? >_<

Spark Of Spirit

Spark Of Spirit

RacattackForce