Video Game Music

Started by talonmalon333, December 31, 2010, 12:26:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

It hasn't even gotten a virtual console release. No idea why. Like Little Samson and Rockin' Kats, it deserves more exposure than it has.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

little samson is hard but i like it.
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Commode

Do you actually have a copy of it, or you just play on emulator?
It doesn't matter what you say, soon you'll be dead anyway.

Spark Of Spirit

I don't use emulators anymore, but it was one of the games I played back then since it was a game that was near impossible to find.

It's a great game.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Commode

I was just asking because it's a $500+ game these days.  So is Gimmick! for that matter.

I was in our local video game shop last year when they sold a Little Samson cart for $550.  Was amazing, but I settled for paying $80 for a Demon's Crest cart.

gunswordfist

Spark Of Spirit

Late era NES games tend to go for crazy prices.

talonmalon333

It's funny how long NES games were released. 1985 to 1995. The SNES was ending its lifespan at that time, and the PS1 was getting started.

Commode

SNES games were released until 1998.

gunswordfist

Commode

September 1991.

Posted from iPhone since kitty decided it was a good idea to sit on my keyboard just as I was about to type.

gunswordfist

so smw was released during year 1, eh? i did not have a snes, was 4 years old and had a genesis so please excuse my ignorance. i have found it odd that super mario world came out the same year as the first sonic. i am guessing the dkc games were mostly used to compete with the hedgehog.

talonmalon333

Quote from: gunswordfist on January 22, 2015, 09:14:08 PM
so smw was released during year 1, eh? i did not have a snes, was 4 years old and had a genesis so please excuse my ignorance. i have found it odd that super mario world came out the same year as the first sonic. i am guessing the dkc games were mostly used to compete with the hedgehog.

SMW was the game they used to sell SNES'

Commode

Super Mario World was included as the pack in game with every SNES console.  The other launch games were F-Zero, Sim City, and Pilotwings.

gunswordfist

so it was a launch title as well? i always assumed it was released later for some reason. probably because there was only 2 main mario games released on the console.