Video Game Music

Started by talonmalon333, December 31, 2010, 12:26:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spark Of Spirit

Awesome incarnate

I wish FPS games still had soundtracks that catchy and exciting.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

gunswordfist

The Phantasy Star IV music I had to listen more than any other.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86DCFJLuUbg
"Ryu is like the Hank Hill of Street Fighter." -BB_Hoody

Eddy

Man, the soundtracks to DOOM and DOOM II kicked some serious ass.

Foggle

Eddy

Oh hell yeah, when I was playing the Catherine demo I let it sit on the title screen for like 20 minutes just listening to that song loop. I just got the game today but haven't started it yet. It also came with an art book and a soundtrack CD.

Kiddington

Forest Temple: OoT

Wow. Just... wow. What an absolutely beautiful piece of music; been listening to it all day. Koji Kondo = brilliance incarnate.

Spark Of Spirit

"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Foggle

Quote from: Desensitized on July 28, 2011, 01:47:17 AM
My all time favorite action platformer theme from my all time favorite action platformer

Points if you know what I'm talking about before clicking! O0
FUCK YES I LOVE THAT SONG! By far my favorite Mega Man track ever, as well. :)

Kiddington

Inside the Deku Tree

Gasp... how did I forget to mention this in my last post? Blasphemy, I say!  :rtard:

...yeeeeeaaaaah, anyway; love this song. I'll come right out and say it; my absolute favorite track in OoT. It's not loud or flashy, but dammmmmnnnnn, does it sound good. It's just... beautiful; simply beautiful. Quiet and haunting, yet so peaceful at the same time. Just perfect, IMO.

Spark Of Spirit

Foggle

Awesome shit. Which version of Undercover Cops should I download? There's quite a few. :immad:

Currently listening to the Yakuza 4 OST. Two lengthy CDs of amazing.

Spark Of Spirit

The Alpha Renewal version. For some reason the American version is missing moves, and while the Japanese version is better, the Alpha version is just a bit more polished.

Irem only really made two beat em ups (3 if you count Kung Fu, which I wouldn't argue) but they are easily two of the best in the genre.

Kiddington

From the mind of David Wise, I think I have a new favorite.

I can't believe I missed this one when we were talking about him earlier. Excellent, excellent theme; gloomy and haunting, but also upbeat enough to add that extra sense of adventure.

Kiddington

A 16-bit remake of GG/MS Sonic 1's Labyrinth Zone

While not "official" video game music in a certain sense, I just had to share it here. This is absolutely beautiful. It could so seamlessly fit in an official Sonic title on the Genesis; almost makes you wonder why they didn't use something like that.

I've been listening to it for days. It's just great; whoever made this did one heck of a job.

Eddy