Frozen

Started by Daikun, June 21, 2013, 08:24:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daxdiv

I still like Frozen, sure people probably over rated it a lot, but that never hampered my enjoyment of it. I'm still waiting for one of the Disney parks to put in a Frozen theme ride, not this Meet the Princess or the Frozen Summer Fun they had when I went there a couple of weeks ago.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

I have a tendency to find that some of you guys have rather overblown, extreme opinions on shows or movies that you watch during your Skype chats, so I tend to not listen to them and just judge the material for myself. On the other hand, Avaitor loves Disney, so of course he'll be more inclined to praise their films, and since I trust his opinions I listen to them, but take them with a grain of salt. Meanwhile CX will say that it's just OK and that he doesn't agree with either side/extreme, so that he sounds different and is therefore cool as a result of being individual, but he forgets that only I can do that because I'm naturally the most awesome member of this board, so thus when I finally see the movie, my opinion will be the only correct one and all the rest of you have to just sit there and take it.[/fact] :>

Spark Of Spirit

Quote from: Avaitor on July 29, 2014, 02:08:18 PM
I will say that Frozen is pretty far from the best thing Disney's ever done, and the moment I saw it, I felt that the screenplay needed at least another draft before being ready, but I'm mostly just happy to see Disney take their thunder back from Pixar already. It's quitely been happening in the past couple of years, but now it's official.
That's a bit unfair since Pixar doesn't have a movie out this year to compare, but then, as much as I liked Tangled, I didn't think it was anywhere near Toy Story 3, WALL*E, or Up and none of their other 3D movies are anything great, in my opinion.  :??:

But, whatevs. You like what you like.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

It's probably still fair in comparison to Pixar's recent films. Brave sucked, IMO. I haven't seen Cars 2, but I also haven't heard good things about it. Monsters University was decent, from what I've heard, and I still want to see it, but it still doesn't measure up to their top-tier stuff from what people have said about it.

At any rate, I've always found Pixar to be overrated. I love Up, Monsters Inc., and Toy Story 3, and find TS 1 & 2, Wall-E, and A Bug's Life to be decent (but not masterpieces, like most of them were made out to be). I never cared for Finding Nemo, The Incredibles, Cars, or Brave, though.

LumRanmaYasha

I enjoyed Monsters University quite a bit, actually. It's probably on the high end of mid tier Pixar for me.

Spark Of Spirit

Monster's University was a good prequel, but I'm more interested in their originals.

Quote from: Dr. Ensatsu-ken on July 29, 2014, 02:40:43 PM
It's probably still fair in comparison to Pixar's recent films. Brave sucked, IMO. I haven't seen Cars 2, but I also haven't heard good things about it. Monsters University was decent, from what I've heard, and I still want to see it, but it still doesn't measure up to their top-tier stuff from what people have said about it.

At any rate, I've always found Pixar to be overrated. I love Up, Monsters Inc., and Toy Story 3, and find TS 1 & 2, Wall-E, and A Bug's Life to be decent (but not masterpieces, like most of them were made out to be). I never cared for Finding Nemo, The Incredibles, Cars, or Brave, though.
But, then, none of Disney's recent output has been masterpieces, either.

Still, I happen to be a fan of Pixar's best stuff, so I'm clearly biased.
"The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder." - G.K. Chesterton

Avaitor

It's more of a combination of quality and box-office results, since Frozen did laps around Monsters University. And I still quite like it, but I can also say that I would have been fine if it was never made. I probably would have been fine without Frozen being made as well, though.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Foggle

Quote from: Dr. Ensatsu-ken on July 29, 2014, 02:23:34 PM
I have a tendency to find that some of you guys have rather overblown, extreme opinions on shows or movies that you watch during your Skype chats, so I tend to not listen to them and just judge the material for myself. On the other hand, Avaitor loves Disney, so of course he'll be more inclined to praise their films, and since I trust his opinions I listen to them, but take them with a grain of salt. Meanwhile CX will say that it's just OK and that he doesn't agree with either side/extreme, so that he sounds different and is therefore cool as a result of being individual, but he forgets that only I can do that because I'm naturally the most awesome member of this board, so thus when I finally see the movie, my opinion will be the only correct one and all the rest of you have to just sit there and take it.[/fact] :>
I can't speak for anyone else, but I'm very rarely (if ever) serious during the Skype chats.

I think Frozen is okay. It's probably my least favorite theatrical Disney animated film (that I've seen), but eh. I just like clowning around.

The Shadow Gentleman

Quote from: Foggle on July 29, 2014, 03:21:23 PM
I can't speak for anyone else, but I'm very rarely (if ever) serious during the Skype chats.

I think Frozen is okay. It's probably my least favorite theatrical Disney animated film (that I've seen), but eh. I just like clowning around.

Yeah, I don't think any of use hate Frozen (besides Dalek), but we do mostly dislike it, or in my case are very indifferent towards it.

But tearing something down creates better humor then building it up, so there.  :>

Avaitor

Quote from: Daxdiv on July 29, 2014, 02:23:01 PM
I still like Frozen, sure people probably over rated it a lot, but that never hampered my enjoyment of it. I'm still waiting for one of the Disney parks to put in a Frozen theme ride, not this Meet the Princess or the Frozen Summer Fun they had when I went there a couple of weeks ago.
They're working on stuff, but the plan right now is to replace the Norway section of Epcot with a complete Frozen overhaul, primarily the Maelstrom ride, which I'm personally not for. The World Pavilion is supposed to be a representation of some of the most wonderful countries in the world, not just another quick cash grab to make money off of Disney's many films. Not that they don't already do that, with the numerous meet and greets in each section, but this isn't sitting well with me.

I'd actually much rather see a new ride be added in Hollywood Studios, which really does need the momentum. That's why they added the Frozen Summer Fun stuff there, since it's been in need of something new for a while. The rumor is that HS is getting a major Star Wars overhaul in the coming years, but it's going to take a little while before that gets off the ground, so the Frozen stuff was a quickie that seems to be working for the park right now.
Life is not about the second chances. It's about a little mouse and his voyage to an exciting new land. That, my friend, is what life is.

Sir, do you have any Warrants?
I got their first CD, but you can't have it, motherfucker!

New blog!
http://avaitorsblog.blogspot.com/

Dr. Insomniac

Katie Holt

*hasn't posted here in forever*

I don't think Frozen is perfect, but I love just about every bit of it. Some parts of it didn't make much sense at all, but not enough to make much of a difference. Also "Let It Go" may be my favorite Disney song ever.
twitter.com/autistic_pidge

tweet me if you wish

now back after a long absence with a different display name. yeah

Micki!

I'll make a man out of You is my favorite ever Disney song, it's so goddamn catchy and fits the whole morale of the story really well..!

Also I'll take the credit for the Olaf drawing there, I too am jerking around when i talk of things on skype though (although saying it was worse than Tom and Jerry was just pushing it, ouch...) I'd do the same stuff to things I adore for giggles  >_<
A true genius does not need boundaries such as 'common sense'

The Shadow Gentleman

Quote from: Homura Akemi on July 30, 2014, 12:11:27 PM
Quote from: The Shadow Gentleman on July 29, 2014, 03:32:01 PM
Quote from: Foggle on July 29, 2014, 03:21:23 PM

Yeah, I don't think any of use hate Frozen (besides Dalek), but we do mostly dislike it, or in my case are very indifferent towards it.

I utterly despise Frozen, so for once in my life I actually agree with Dalek. But we're hardly serious in the group chats unless we have to be.

Oh yeah, I somehow forgot how much you can hate things sometimes. Your burning hatred will melt the snow.

Dr. Ensatsu-ken

Quote from: Homura Akemi on July 30, 2014, 12:27:59 PMEither I hate something with every fiber of my being or I love it to death. There is no in-between with me.

Yet your Attack on Titan review says that you like it but don't love it. Way to contradict yourself! :>